Author Topic: Quotes  (Read 860 times)

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
Quotes
« on: February 26, 2016, 02:49:36 pm »

If God wanted us to vote, he would have given us candidates.
~Jay  Leno~

The problem with political jokes is they get elected.
[/color]~Henry  Cate, VII~
[/size] 

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office
~Aesop~

[/color]If we got one-tenth of what was promised to us in these State of the Union speeches, there wouldn't be any inducement to go to heaven. [/size][/b]
[/color]~Will  Rogers~
[/size]

[/color]Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river. [/size][/b]
[/color]~Nikita  Khrushchev~
[/size]

When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President; I'm beginning to believe it.
~Clarence  Darrow~

Politicians  are people who, when they see light at the end of the tunnel, go out and buy some more tunnel.
~John  Quinton~

Why pay money to have your family tree traced; go into politics and your opponents will do it for you.
~Author unknown~

[/color]Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. [/size][/b]
[/color]~Oscar  Ameringer~
[/size]

[/color]I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them. [/size][/b]
[/color]~Adlai Stevenson, 1952~
[/size]I voted  for him

[/color]A politician is a fellow who will lay down your life for his country. [/size][/b]
[/color]~ Tex  Guinan~
[/size] 

I have come to the conclusion that politics is too serious a matter to be left to the  politicians.
~Charles de  Gaulle~

Instead of giving a politician the keys to the city, it might be better to change the locks.
~Doug  Larson~

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.   
~Will  Rogers~

Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Offline flowers

Re: Quotes
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 07:38:38 pm »
 :laugh:

Wingnut

Re: Quotes
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 08:51:06 pm »
You don't have to fool all the people all of the time; you just have to fool enough to get elected.
~ ~ ~ Gerald Barzan