Author Topic: BREAKING: Obama to close GitMo!  (Read 1303 times)

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
BREAKING: Obama to close GitMo!
« on: February 23, 2016, 03:51:48 pm »
Only days after Scalia is put in the ground, Obama is prepared to break the law and close GitMo.  And now you know the NUMBER 1 Reason why Scalia was knocked off.  To close Gitmo it has to break the law.

No one will impeach him and only Scalia could have stopped him!
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: BREAKING: Obama to close GitMo!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 03:57:49 pm »
Here is a story link.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/obama-to-offer-plan-to-close-guantanamo-prison-1456240196?mod=rss_US_News

Just the prison, not the base.

He has been mouthing off about this since before his first term yet didn't do it. We'll see if he is still all hat no cattle on this.

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 04:16:09 pm »
Here is a story link.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/obama-to-offer-plan-to-close-guantanamo-prison-1456240196?mod=rss_US_News

He has been mouthing off about this since before his first term yet didn't do it. We'll see if he is still all hat no cattle on this.
He meets with Castro and he can end the lease with Cuba and hand over the property.  As I understand it, that is within his authority to do when could be a end run around to close the prison, which to do so would break the law.  As if the law applies to any Govt worker...  Know of any one who has been fired at the VA or the IRS????, NO they have all been reinstated and only those who chose to stay retired have not come back...
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 05:21:33 pm »
U.S. Marshals secretly tracked 6,000 cellphones

WASHINGTON — Federal marshals have secretly used powerful cellphone surveillance tools to hunt nearly 6,000 suspects throughout the United States, according to newly-disclosed records in which the agency inadvertently identified itself as the nation’s most prolific known user of phone-tracking devices.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/02/23/us-marshals-service-cellphone-stingray/80785616/

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 05:28:05 pm »
Here is a story link.

He will give Gitmo to Castro when he visits. They may not tell us right off, you can bet that is the plan.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 05:30:03 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=715693

Newsmax
Republicans on Obama's Gitmo Plan: 'It Is Against the Law'
Tuesday, February 23, 2016 12:18 PM

By: Sandy Fitzgerald

Republicans Tuesday struck out at President Barack Obama's long-promised plan to close the United States' detention center at Guantanamo Bay, with several insisting that his plan to transfer detainees to American soil is against the law.

"After seven years, President Obama has yet to convince the American people that moving Guantanamo terrorists to our homeland is smart or safe," House Speaker Paul Ryan said shortly after Obama's announcement, and he doesn't seem interested in continuing to try."

Further, said Ryan, Obama's extensive proposal "fails to provide critical details required by law, including the exact cost and location of an alternate detention facility. Congress has left no room for confusion. It is against the law — and it will stay against the law — to transfer terrorist detainees to American soil. We will not jeopardize our national security over a campaign promise."

Obama's proposal, which has been demanded by opponents resisting Obama's repeated attempts to close the Cuban facility, calls to spend nearly $500 million to transfer from 30 to 60 detainees to U.S. facilities. There have been 13 potential sites that could be used, but the Pentagon has not identified a specific location for the prisoners, a point that angers opponents.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 05:30:19 pm »
He meets with Castro and he can end the lease with Cuba and hand over the property.  As I understand it, that is within his authority to do when could be a end run around to close the prison, which to do so would break the law.  As if the law applies to any Govt worker...  Know of any one who has been fired at the VA or the IRS????, NO they have all been reinstated and only those who chose to stay retired have not come back...
I agree. He gives them Gitmo.

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2016, 05:34:15 pm »
calls to spend nearly $500 million to transfer from 30 to 60 detainees
  $500 mil?  60 bullets way cheaper. Oh way gotta add in funeral.........60 bodies in a plane, drop them in ocean. Still way cheaper.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 01:45:10 am »

HonestJohn

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2016, 03:14:14 am »
He will give Gitmo to Castro when he visits. They may not tell us right off, you can bet that is the plan.

Since you are in the know, please provide the link to the information.