Author Topic: Graham floats Rubio-Kasich ticket  (Read 7568 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Graham floats Rubio-Kasich ticket
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2016, 01:30:05 am »
Yep, it "floats".
For a while...

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2016, 01:30:29 am »
Ted Cruz is owned by Wall Street, big oil and the drug industry making him a tainted and untrustworthy commodity.  Hurts to hear, but Ted Cruz has willingly surrendered his usefulness.   We do not need him in the White House as anything other than an invited guest.

Trump is owned by all the big banks....literally....

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2016, 01:36:39 am »
Jazzhead:
"Speaking for myself,  I don't care if the Trump supporters ever come back.  They should vote for Trump as an independent candidate; my goal is that under no circumstances should Trumpism wear the banner of the Republican Party."

Whig, c.1859:
"Speaking for myself, I don't care if the Lincoln supporters ever come back. They should vote for Lincoln as an independent candidate; my goal is that under no circumstances should Lincolnites wear the banner of the Whig Party."

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2016, 01:39:43 am »

I don't think you are supposed to point things like that out Frank!  It makes heads explode!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Paladin

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2016, 02:00:24 am »
  "Lady Lindsey" has served his Country for many years as a military officer.

Yeah, right, MACVSOG68, he's quite the warrior.

"Upon graduating, Graham was commissioned as an officer and Judge Advocate in the United States Air Force in 1982. He was placed on active duty and in 1984, he was sent to Europe as a military prosecutor and defense attorney, serving at Rhein-Main Air Base in Frankfurt, Germany.[19] In 1984, as he was defending an Air Force pilot accused of using marijuana, he was featured in an episode of 60 Minutes that exposed the Air Force's defective drug-testing procedures.[16][20] After four years in Europe, he returned to South Carolina and then left active duty in 1989.[19] He subsequently entered private practice as a lawyer.[16]"

Amusing how one word used widely to describe Lindsey's, uh, less than masculine persona, provides an anti-Trumpster with yet another opportunity to engage in another gratuitous attack.

"Lady Lindsey?  The mods here have struck out at posters who even say "Trump Supporters".  I hope they recognize that the other side has been alive and well in condemning anything conservative.  "Lady Lindsey" has served his Country for many years as a military officer.  Other than making $billions, what has the protected one done?"
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2016, 02:49:01 am »
Gratuitous attack???   :silly:  Defending a vet should get me at least a two week time out... :silly: :silly: :silly:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2016, 03:09:45 am »
Gratuitous attack???   :silly:  Defending a vet should get me at least a two week time out... :silly: :silly: :silly:

Mark me down as one veteran that is completely disgusted by anybody, Trump included, who is disrespectful regarding an anybody's military service.

The "Lady Lindsey" crap is typical of the FR types that get entertainment from such juvenile things.

I think it makes conservatism look awful.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 03:10:53 am by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Paladin

« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2016, 03:14:16 am »
The "Lady Lindsey" crap is typical of the FR types that get entertainment from such juvenile things.

Oh, how sad that makes me.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2016, 03:54:49 am »

It's not the tax structure that causes businesses to go offshore.  It's the cost of labor. America can never compete for textile jobs or basic assembly jobs, like electronics.  Those jobs will never come back. 

Let's not forget government regulations on environmental issues,sexual discrimination issues,racial quotas,gender bias issues,insurance issues,unemployment issues,SS withholding,etc,etc,etc that none of the foreign manufacturers have ever even heard of,never mind have to pay.How many plants in China have to hire EEO representatives,for example? ALL of this adds to the final cost of the product.

And there are probably several more I haven't even heard of.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2016, 03:58:10 am »
Mark me down as one veteran that is completely disgusted by anybody, Trump included, who is disrespectful regarding an anybody's military service.

Indeed!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2016, 03:58:29 am »
But everyone's "GOPe elite" except Trump.  (And that's because he gives HIS money to the Democrat elite.)
LOL!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2016, 04:05:08 am »
I think I understand the nation pretty well in terms of what problems we have as Republicans, Graham said

Free of charge, Lindsey...we've identified where your problem is and why you have to be taken with that grain of salt you mentioned.

I still haven't figured out how Lady Lindsey ever got elected as a Republican the first time,never mind re-elected as one in SC. I have no problem at all seeing him getting elected as a Dim,but as a Republican posing as a conservative????

THIS is why I despise "Party People Voters". They would vote for FDR is he ran as a Republican.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2016, 04:18:44 am »
  I hope they recognize that the other side has been alive and well in condemning anything conservative.  "Lady Lindsey" has served his Country for many years as a military officer.  Other than making $billions, what has the protected one done?

Lady Lindsey severed in the AF Reserve as a freaking lawyer,and I have no doubt at all he did that for political bio reasons. IMO,lawyers only serve themselves. Given all the military bases in SC,I'm sure that served him well at election time.

As for Diamond Donald goes,he claimed not long ago that he felt like a veteran because he went to military school. He probably feels like a combat veteran because of all the fighting he had to do to get 3 bogus deferments during the VN war in order to avoid the draft.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2016, 04:19:02 am »

That is an exceedingly poor comparison. Comparing a mortgage investment with a political donation or a loan for a political campaign is gratuitous and inapt. While both are forms of [very different] business activities, only one kind has the expectation of the future delivery of broad political policy benefits, the other must stand entirely on its own as potentially profitable business activity for both parties, and is based entirely on the market value of physical collateral that forms the basis of the mortgage.

I would never say that you were owned by your bank because you put your house up as collateral for a mortgage, any more than I am owned by Wells Fargo because I did so. The physical property is owned by the bank until I satisfy the mortgage, I am not.  A political donation or loan for a campaign is an entirely different form of transaction.  The collateral "put up" and the terms of the loan (if it is a loan) include the the expectation of influence and access in the political realm, which impacts more than only the parties of the transaction.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 04:19:41 am by Scottftlc »
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2016, 04:27:00 am »
Indeed!

If it looks like a duck,walks like a duck,and quacks like a duck.......,and is still in the closet,it is a duck very subject to blackmail.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2016, 04:31:10 am »
"Lady Lindsey severed in the AF Reserve as a freaking lawyer, and I have no doubt at all he did that for political bio reasons.'

That was my thinking also. What a military record to praise. ""Lady Lindsey" has served his Country for many years as a military officer."
He did his time in the Judge Advocate's office and in Germany, no less. It's a wonder he didn't break a nail.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2016, 12:21:48 pm »

I agree, TS.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2016, 12:28:33 pm »
Jazzhead:
"Speaking for myself,  I don't care if the Trump supporters ever come back.  They should vote for Trump as an independent candidate; my goal is that under no circumstances should Trumpism wear the banner of the Republican Party."

Whig, c.1859:
"Speaking for myself, I don't care if the Lincoln supporters ever come back. They should vote for Lincoln as an independent candidate; my goal is that under no circumstances should Lincolnites wear the banner of the Whig Party."

Speaking of which,  Trump makes a mockery of the Party of Lincoln.

As for your analogy of me as a cranky old Whig,  I'll just say that Lincoln stood for the ideals of a new age -  the American dream of liberty and equality of opportunity extended to all its people.   Trump stands for nothing except exploitation.   If the GOP is to embrace Trumpism,  then it doesn't need me.  Why should I join with folks who stand for nothing, and will fall for anything?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2016, 01:28:07 pm »
If it looks like a duck,walks like a duck,and quacks like a duck.......,and is still in the closet,it is a duck very subject to blackmail.

Apparently not any more.  Rumors don't appear to have hurt him in "liberal" South Carolina.  :whistle:

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2016, 02:02:26 pm »
I still haven't figured out how Lady Lindsey ever got elected as a Republican the first time,never mind re-elected as one in SC. I have no problem at all seeing him getting elected as a Dim,but as a Republican posing as a conservative????

THIS is why I despise "Party People Voters". They would vote for FDR is he ran as a Republican.

Graham got elected as a national security hawk and was a House Impeachment Manager going after Clinton.  He served 6 1/2 years on AD which combined with Guard and Reserve duty totaled 33 years of service.  During all of his years in both the House and Senate, Graham has stood up for our military and continues to be a national security hawk.  He has shown an ability to reach across the aisle to work on legislation neither side will budge on.  He was part of the Gang of 14 that finally freed up the Democrat filibuster of President Bush's judicial appointments, a complete win-win for conservatives.  He worked on immigration reform legislation in 2006, 2007, and most recently in 2013.  That legislation failed through the efforts of reactionary Republicans, leaving us where we are today on immigration.  He has an 87% lifetime rating by ACU, and received a grade of "A" from NRA, which all of his votes on gun issues would justify. 

I don't agree with Graham on several issues, but he has my respect for both his military service and his conservative service in the House and Senate.  Whatever you want to think about his voting record, The military has no better friend in Washington than Lindsey Graham. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2016, 03:59:47 pm »

No,what makes so-called "conservatives" look bad is making excuses for corrupt politicians because they are from the "right" party or because they at one time or another wore a uniform of some sort.

It's called "standards". I personally don't give a damn about Lady Lindsey or anyone else being a homosexual. What I DO care about are "in the closet homosexuals" that are in powerful positions in public offices and who can be blackmailed and controlled because they have that big secret to keep.

And don't try to sell me that crap about  how some lawyer in uniform serving with the JAG office in Germany is some sort of hero. What he WAS,was a highly paid clerk getting his ticket punched for political purposes while never once  having to be anywhere close to a combat zone or direct combat.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2016, 04:02:36 pm »

As for your analogy of me as a cranky old Whig,  I'll just say that Lincoln stood for the ideals of a new age -  the American dream of liberty and equality of opportunity extended to all its people.   

Which Lincoln are you speaking about? I know it couldn't be DIshonest Abe,the scumbucket.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2016, 04:05:50 pm »
Apparently not any more.  Rumors don't appear to have hurt him in "liberal" South Carolina.  :whistle:

Well,once you are on the the payroll of the locals needing political favors,they don't want to remove you and go through the trouble of renting a new politician. They like stability in corruption.

Plus,let's be honest about it,the typical voter of today is so ignorant they shouldn't be allowed to own pets.

Remember "Presidential Hair" being a big factor in a candidates lure to the uncommitted voters not long ago? Or recorded "on the street videos with dingbats saying stuff like "I'm going to vote for him because he is so handsome!"?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2016, 04:12:21 pm »
Graham got elected as a national security hawk and was a House Impeachment Manager going after Clinton.  He served 6 1/2 years on AD which combined with Guard and Reserve duty totaled 33 years of service.  During all of his years in both the House and Senate, Graham has stood up for our military and continues to be a national security hawk.  He has shown an ability to reach across the aisle to work on legislation neither side will budge on.  He was part of the Gang of 14 that finally freed up the Democrat filibuster of President Bush's judicial appointments, a complete win-win for conservatives.  He worked on immigration reform legislation in 2006, 2007, and most recently in 2013.  That legislation failed through the efforts of reactionary Republicans, leaving us where we are today on immigration.  He has an 87% lifetime rating by ACU, and received a grade of "A" from NRA, which all of his votes on gun issues would justify. 

I don't agree with Graham on several issues, but he has my respect for both his military service and his conservative service in the House and Senate.  Whatever you want to think about his voting record, The military has no better friend in Washington than Lindsey Graham.

I was not aware of some of the positive things you posted about him above,but some of it doesn't really impress me because I see him as the front guy that pretends he is working hard to do good things,while being in a position to sell us out while playing the "I really tried,but my good friends on the bi-partisan committee were really,really mean to me!" role. His middle name should be "compromise".

As for him being a friend of the military,if he wasn't he would have never gotten elected in SC. LOTS of federal dollars roll into SC due to their military bases. Don't get me wrong,I am not saying he dislikes or opposses the military. I am just saying it serves  him well to support them.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2016, 04:33:15 pm »
I was not aware of some of the positive things you posted about him above,but some of it doesn't really impress me because I see him as the front guy that pretends he is working hard to do good things,while being in a position to sell us out while playing the "I really tried,but my good friends on the bi-partisan committee were really,really mean to me!" role. His middle name should be "compromise".

As for him being a friend of the military,if he wasn't he would have never gotten elected in SC. LOTS of federal dollars roll into SC due to their military bases. Don't get me wrong,I am not saying he dislikes or opposses the military. I am just saying it serves  him well to support them.

In other words, anyone we don't support couldn't possibly have any ideological reasons for supporting anything.  All our political opponents are corrupt by definition.  :thud: