Author Topic: Graham floats Rubio-Kasich ticket  (Read 7569 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Graham floats Rubio-Kasich ticket
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2016, 11:27:44 pm »

Rubio/Kasich?

Today's RCP polls: Trump is beating Rubio in Florida and +5 over Kasich in Ohio.

That doesn't look like a winning ticket to me.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2016, 11:28:26 pm »
I'm with you Pete but Graham is not the villain.

He's sanctimonious and smug and annoying but his ideology and votes are generally spot on. 

I care more about national security and Constitutional fidelity than social issues these days and Graham has usually been on the right side of those issues throughout his career.

No,Graham is not "The" villian. That seat currently belongs to Obomber.  BUT......,he goes along with the villian and his henchmen,but 10 percent less to prove he is his own man. He does just enough to keep getting re-elected without actually doing anything to reverse the trend.

IMO,this means he need to be replaced,not praised.

NOTHING in current politics represents a greater danger to national security and the continued existence of the Constitution than closing the borders and ejecting non-citizen foreigners while eliminating crap like Motor Voter. If we don't do that,we won't have a nation to secure and won't need a Constitution.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2016, 11:28:45 pm »

Rubio/Kasich?

Today's RCP polls: Trump is beating Rubio in Florida and +5 over Kasich in Ohio.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/president/

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2016, 11:45:19 pm »
No,Graham is not "The" villian. That seat currently belongs to Obomber.  BUT......,he goes along with the villian and his henchmen,but 10 percent less to prove he is his own man. He does just enough to keep getting re-elected without actually doing anything to reverse the trend.

NOTHING in current politics represents a greater danger to national security and the continued existence of the Constitution than closing the borders and ejecting non-citizen foreigners while eliminating crap like Motor Voter. If we don't do that,we won't have a nation to secure and won't need a Constitution.

I'm not praising him but I would wager that he has a better conservative voting record than Ernest Hollings.

It's a vexing truth, but if you don't have Senators like Susan Collins from Maine as part of the GOP conference - you don't get a more conservative representative

You get a liberal Democrat.   I would much prefer seeing Trey Gowdy in the Senate but it's hard to unseat a long-serving Senator.  You need to get them after their first term or you probably don't get them at all.

And, I agree completely that the border policy under the Obama regime has been a disgrace.   We really have no idea who is living amongst us and what their agenda is.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 11:48:39 pm by ArneFufkin »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2016, 12:09:23 am »

And, I agree completely that the border policy under the Obama regime has been a disgrace.   We really have no idea who is living amongst us and what their agenda is.

I don't even think there is even a way to find out anymore. So many illegals have found a way to get on Uncle Sugar's Gravy Train so they could vote Dim that the line between legal and illegal is now blurred. Especially in areas where the local scum-sucking treasonous politicians have passed laws making it illegal to even ask them for proof of citizenship or a visa.

IMO,we have to kill this "snake" by cutting it's head off by focusing more on the local,state,and feral politicians that make it easy for illegals to get on the rolls,and who favor amnesty and instant voting. They are the ones giving judicial cover to the illegals and preventing us from deporting them.

We also need to stop the insane "dual citizenship" and "Anchor Baby" crap. I'll all for pulling the citizenship of all anchor babies and sending them back to where their parents came from,but I know this isn't practical due to all the kneejerk wails of outrage. We do need to set a date to have the program end,though. If we don't, we are pretty much inviting them to invade our country and drop a kid so they can stay and get on the gravy train. Remember,these people are NOT Americans in ANY cultural sense,and they don't give a damn about America. They are here for the easy living,and for the most part want America to be just like their home countries,but not as hungry or homeless.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2016, 12:31:08 am »
Rubio/Kasich?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/president/

Perhaps so ac but who fares better versus Hillary or Sanders in those same polls?  The ticket has strength.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline aligncare

« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2016, 12:35:41 am »
Perhaps so ac but who fares better versus Hillary or Sanders in those same polls?  The ticket has strength.

Maybe. I believe they won't get the opportunity to flex their muscle.

But, since I can't predict the future (especially in this crazy primary), I could be as wrong as anybody else.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2016, 01:37:24 am »
Graham sides with the Dims.

What else do you really need to know?

What I asked you.  What is Graham's position on borders and the immigration issue?  You seem to have reached some strong conclusions about it, so I'm sure you could give some details on it.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2016, 01:51:35 am »
What I asked you.  What is Graham's position on borders and the immigration issue?  You seem to have reached some strong conclusions about it, so I'm sure you could give some details on it.

Which one of Graham's positions were you wanting?  There have been several.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2016, 01:54:00 am »

Don't tell Obama about Graham's "A" grade with the NRA, or about his ten year efforts to better secure the borders, or his efforts to keep a strong military.   And here he keeps getting elected time after time in one of the more conservative states.  So we South Carolinians need to make sure we don't praise him.  Okay, got it!

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2016, 01:55:36 am »
Which one of Graham's positions were you wanting?  There have been several.

The ones Pete was telling me about concerning borders and immigration. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2016, 01:58:02 am »
The ones Pete was telling me about concerning borders and immigration.

I'll let Pete answer that, but wasn't Graham one of the Gang of Eight? 

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2016, 02:08:43 am »
I'll let Pete answer that, but wasn't Graham one of the Gang of Eight?

Yes he was.  He was also part of the McCain-Kennedy efforts in 2005 and 2006 which ultimately resulted in two bills in 2007, both filibustered and tabled.   

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2016, 02:15:55 am »

I could if I cared enough to look it up. I'm content to know that I ready he was one of the crowd with no real interest in shutting down the borders,ending the anchor baby program,or any other effective program.

Nothing personal,but I don't look up URL's for other people. My position is that if it interests someone else enough they will look it up themselves.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2016, 02:19:23 am »
Don't tell Obama about Graham's "A" grade with the NRA, or about his ten year efforts to better secure the borders, or his efforts to keep a strong military.   And here he keeps getting elected time after time in one of the more conservative states.  So we South Carolinians need to make sure we don't praise him.  Okay, got it!

I don't care about Graham's "A rating with the NRA".

I don't care about his self-serving support of the US military,which he has to have in order to get re-elected.

What I DO care about is shutting down the borders to the 3rd world and to refugees from the Muddle East while we still have a country to save. If we don't do that,nothing else is relevant.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2016, 02:33:56 am »
Yes he was.  He was also part of the McCain-Kennedy efforts in 2005 and 2006 which ultimately resulted in two bills in 2007, both filibustered and tabled.   

You know i laughed abt Lindsey running for president. I happened to be home one weekend in Sept I think.
We were at happy hour and talking politics. For those who don't know, it is wonderful to me being in SC talking politics!!!! 99% of the people are conservative or republicans.

Anyway, a lot of the locals (those of us that live at the beach years round) were talking abt  Lindsey, and I was shocked to hear all the good things being said about him.
So I have softened my opinion of him, given that the whole world in DC is of convoluted thievery and thuggary.

He can get things done, and he can piss us off. But in both cases we are not sure why or how, so he is a traitor! :shrug:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline libertybele

« Reply #116 on: February 24, 2016, 02:45:05 am »

Marco won't be able to take FL in the primary and Trump is beating Kasich in the polls in OH.  Don't see Rubio beating Trump and Kasich certainly won't beat him either.

Not a Trump or Kasich fan, but that ticket I think would fare better against Hillary or Sanders than Rubio. 
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 02:45:41 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2016, 02:33:02 pm »
I could if I cared enough to look it up. I'm content to know that I ready he was one of the crowd with no real interest in shutting down the borders,ending the anchor baby program,or any other effective program.

Nothing personal,but I don't look up URL's for other people. My position is that if it interests someone else enough they will look it up themselves.

Sorta what I thought.  :facepalm2:

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2016, 02:42:12 pm »
You know i laughed abt Lindsey running for president. I happened to be home one weekend in Sept I think.
We were at happy hour and talking politics. For those who don't know, it is wonderful to me being in SC talking politics!!!! 99% of the people are conservative or republicans.

Anyway, a lot of the locals (those of us that live at the beach years round) were talking abt  Lindsey, and I was shocked to hear all the good things being said about him.
So I have softened my opinion of him, given that the whole world in DC is of convoluted thievery and thuggary.

He can get things done, and he can piss us off. But in both cases we are not sure why or how, so he is a traitor! :shrug:

When Graham announced I knew what he was going to have to go through.  I still believe his only purpose was to get foreign policy off the back burner, and in the debates he did well in that area.  I think he knew he didn't stand a prayer.  I've written him a couple of letters that he wouldn't put up above his fireplace, but in the end I know we need a few who will sit down across from the opposition and see how to erase a divide to get a bill passed.  We all complain because we don't see Congress getting anything done, and then condemn anyone who actually tries.   :beer:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2016, 01:38:44 am »
Sorta what I thought.  :facepalm2:

Think whatever you like. I just don't have the time.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2016, 01:49:29 am »
Think whatever you like. I just don't have the time.

Oh, yet you said you just didn't care enough to.   :whistle:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2016, 05:44:18 am »
Oh, yet you said you just didn't care enough to.   :whistle:

I have neither the time nor the concern.

Happy now?

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2016, 01:39:40 pm »
I have neither the time nor the concern.

Happy now?

Always happy...and enjoy a good back and forth...   :silly:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 01:50:41 pm by MACVSOG68 »