Author Topic: Graham floats Rubio-Kasich ticket  (Read 7571 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Graham floats Rubio-Kasich ticket
« on: February 22, 2016, 02:50:05 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/270241-graham-rubio-kasich-should-team-up

February 22, 2016, 09:21 am
Graham floats Rubio-Kasich ticket

By Jesse Byrnes

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) is urging leading Republican presidential candidates behind Donald Trump to unite in an effort to bring down the GOP front-runner.

"I think a Kasich-Rubio ticket would be great," Graham said late Sunday during an interview with Rita Cosby on WABC, describing Kasich as a "terrific" governor of Ohio and Rubio as a "very, very talented" senator from Florida.

"Rubio-Kasich, Kasich-Rubio – I think those combinations, if they could consolidate and come together, would be [a] very potent ticket in the fall and maybe help us stop Trump," Graham said on the program before also floating a potential "Rubio-Kasich-Cruz alliance."

Graham, who ended his White House bid in December, had thrown his support behind former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, who dropped out of the GOP race on Saturday after taking fourth behind Trump, Rubio and Cruz in the South Carolina primary.

Trump won all 50 delegates in that primary with nearly a third of the vote. He's also led in polls released earlier this month of voters in Nevada, which holds its GOP caucus Tuesday.

Graham suggested that a Trump presidency would "change the party for the worse."

"Donald Trump would get wiped out in November, but really make it hard for the party to succeed in the future," Graham said Sunday, arguing that Kasich and Rubio could help bring out voters in Ohio and Florida, which are swing states in the general election.

"I didn't make it, Jeb didn't make it, so take what I say with a grain of salt. But I can tell you this, that I think I understand the nation pretty well in terms of what problems we have as Republicans," Graham said, ripping Trump's rhetoric on Hispanics and his "race baiting and religious bigotry."idential-races/270241-graham-rubio-kasich-should-team-up

« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 02:50:45 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

HAPPY2BME

Re: Graham floats Rubio-Kasich ticket
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 02:53:11 pm »
Lindsey Graham 'floats' a lot of things.

He has been censored by his own party in his own state several times.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 02:54:07 pm »

I didn't make it, Jeb didn't make it, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

OK.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 02:57:25 pm »
The establishment is SCARED to death!

And very soon, when the sitting chairman of the W&M committee bites the dust here, they will be even more SCARED!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Longiron

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 02:59:52 pm »
The establishment is SCARED to death!

And very soon, when the sitting chairman of the W&M committee bites the dust here, they will be even more SCARED!

BUT you support the establishment, why are you waiting for a establishment person to bite the dust? :thud:

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 03:00:07 pm »
If they could stop attacking each other a Rubio/Cruz or Cruz/Rubio ticket would bring Trump's campaign to a screeching halt. 
On paper comparing their platforms,  there is very little difference between the two.

Of course one of them would have to do the unlikely thing and  withdrawal. But if Trump runs the table on Super Tuesday and one of these two does poorly, the odds of it happening could go up.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 03:01:02 pm »
BUT you support the establishment, why are you waiting for a establishment person to bite the dust? :thud:

Where in the HELL did you ever get that Idea! I voted for TED CRUZ!!!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Longiron

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 03:06:57 pm »
Where in the HELL did you ever get that Idea! I voted for TED CRUZ!!!

CRUZ is the establishment. He has DONORS that are killing his campaign. He voted for TPP, very lite on immigration and wants amnesty. TPP is a way to get amnesty without saying you are for it. **nononono*

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 03:10:58 pm »
CRUZ is the establishment. He has DONORS that are killing his campaign. He voted for TPP, very lite on immigration and wants amnesty. TPP is a way to get amnesty without saying you are for it. **nononono*

Cruz has actually PROVEN that he will stand up against the establishment while your guy has done anything but! In fact, your guy has proven to me that he is as LIBERAL as they come! No way he get's the nomination! NONE!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Longiron

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016, 06:32:32 pm »
Cruz has actually PROVEN that he will stand up against the establishment while your guy has done anything but! In fact, your guy has proven to me that he is as LIBERAL as they come! No way he get's the nomination! NONE!

Yes he is: wants to build a wall to stop open borders, stop the approval of TPP, Protect the 2nd amendment and let the good guys have guns and take them away from the bad guys, get rid of common core and get the FEDS out of education and let it be local. Hear of charter schools as an example, make better deals for the US from CHINA, Saudis, IRAN, Mexico, bring back the companies that left the country because of the corporate tax structure and move those jobs back to the US, STOP Inversions, Let Corporations bring back the 5 TRILLION they have offshore and invest back into the US. IF THAT IS liberal COUNT ABOUT 83% OF THE REPUBLICANS AS libs. Better do you homework before making anymore STUPID claims that TRUMP is a liberal. However, I do realize you cannot FIX stupid. VOTE for another politician and expect different results. In your lifetime that has never happened and that is called insanity. You don't like his personality and that is fine but look at something else that counts!! :chairbang:

Offline flowers

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2016, 06:48:40 pm »
How Graham gets the attention he does is beyond me.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2016, 07:00:05 pm »
Trump can't "get rid of" Common Core.  That's a state program that the feds have no jurisdiction over.

It's not the tax structure that causes businesses to go offshore.  It's the cost of labor. America can never compete for textile jobs or basic assembly jobs, like electronics.  Those jobs will never come back. 

Trump wants to tax the $5 trillion and corporations have already been taxed on that money.  They want to bring it back tax free.  So there's your stalemate.

If these issues were easy to resolve, they'd be resolved already.  Trump has duped you into thinking he can magically fix all this with his "negotiating skills", but you can't negotiate when the other guy holds all the cards.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2016, 07:01:07 pm »

Ted Cruz is owned by Wall Street, big oil and the drug industry making him a tainted and untrustworthy commodity.  Hurts to hear, but Ted Cruz has willingly surrendered his usefulness.   We do not need him in the White House as anything other than an invited guest.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2016, 07:02:20 pm »
How Graham gets the attention he does is beyond me.

Because he's just made a very smart suggestion?   Kasich/Rubio (or Rubio/Kasich) can win the general election.  Cruz or Trump will almost certainly lose. 

It has been received wisdom (until this year) that it's best to nominate the most conservative ELECTIBLE candidate.  I've no desire to tilt at windmills. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2016, 07:03:54 pm »
Ted Cruz is owned by Wall Street, big oil and the drug industry making him a tainted and untrustworthy commodity.  Hurts to hear, but Ted Cruz has willingly surrendered his usefulness.   We do not need him in the White House as anything other than an invited guest.

All the Trumpsters do is lie without shame.   

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2016, 07:08:22 pm »
Cruz has actually PROVEN that he will stand up against the establishment

Yup he has.  But when he took these noble steps he was answering to the Tea Party.

Today--and  through his political tomorrow--Ted Cruz answers to Wall Street, oil companies and the drug companies.  Cruz will now stand up against those he is ordered to stand up against - - - and that will most likely be us.

It seems Superman has gone and spit into the wind.   :smokin:

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2016, 07:09:34 pm »
All the Trumpsters do is lie without shame.

Google is your friend.  Check out his SuperPac donors and rich lobbyist friends.  It's all there.  And it's all true.   :shrug:

Offline flowers

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2016, 07:11:17 pm »
Because he's just made a very smart suggestion?   Kasich/Rubio (or Rubio/Kasich) can win the general election.  Cruz or Trump will almost certainly lose. 

It has been received wisdom (until this year) that it's best to nominate the most conservative ELECTIBLE candidate.  I've no desire to tilt at windmills.
No way Kasich/Rubio ticket gets the base out to vote. Kasich is as GOPe elite as they come. So is Rubio. Nothing you can tell me will get me to ever think otherwise, so don't try.  :laugh:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2016, 07:12:31 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2016, 07:14:50 pm »
No way Kasich/Rubio ticket gets the base out to vote. Kasich is as GOPe elite as they come. So is Rubio. Nothing you can tell me will get me to ever think otherwise, so don't try.  :laugh:

But everyone's "GOPe elite" except Trump.  (And that's because he gives HIS money to the Democrat elite.)   

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2016, 07:19:47 pm »

I don't see it that way, Jazz.  I think a Kasich/Rubio or Rubio/Kasich ticket will be almost as successful as Romney/Ryan or McCain/Palin.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2016, 07:21:55 pm »
Yup he has.  But when he took these noble steps he was answering to the Tea Party.

Today--and  through his political tomorrow--Ted Cruz answers to Wall Street, oil companies and the drug companies.  Cruz will now stand up against those he is ordered to stand up against - - - and that will most likely be us.

It seems Superman has gone and spit into the wind.   :smokin:

Yep, he's got a reputation of giving in and going along with what he's told to do....

Wait, don't you guys also say that he doesn't get along with anyone and has no friend?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2016, 07:23:29 pm »
"I didn't make it, Jeb didn't make it, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

I'm completely with you there, Lindsey...........
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 07:23:48 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2016, 07:24:46 pm »
I think I understand the nation pretty well in terms of what problems we have as Republicans, Graham said

Free of charge, Lindsey...we've identified where your problem is and why you have to be taken with that grain of salt you mentioned.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline musiclady

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2016, 07:25:40 pm »
Yep, he's got a reputation of giving in and going along with what he's told to do....

Wait, don't you guys also say that he doesn't get along with anyone and has no friend?

The folks who have turned on Cruz simply because of their loyalty to Trump have become very confused.............
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.