Author Topic: Trump's deal with Cruz  (Read 685 times)

HAPPY2BME

Trump's deal with Cruz
« on: February 22, 2016, 04:59:17 am »
At this point, Cruz may not have any hope of winning the presidency, but he holds all the cards in his decision to hand the election to the establishment. An outsider victory lies solely in the hands of Ted Cruz. One way or another, his commitment to ousting the establishment will become obvious.

Phyllis Schlafly has been watching the GOP establishment pick our presidential candidates since before she wrote about it in her book, “A Choice not an Echo,” in 1964. She will tell you, the only president elected in her lifetime without the blessing of the establishment was Ronald Reagan.

Reagan’s ability to communicate with and inspire the American people was the only force more powerful than the money and apparatus of the establishment machine.

Jeb Bush was obviously the pick of the establishment. The money was there, and Bush was definitely spending it, but the GOP primary voter has not been swayed by the hundreds of millions of dollars being thrown at them.

After South Carolina, this is a very different race.

Bush is out, and Rubio is the clear heir of the establishment crown that Jeb relinquished when he suspended his campaign.

The D.C. cartel will do anything to preserve the status quo. The thought of a true outsider winning the Republican nomination is bone chilling to the establishment. Its political life depends on taxpayer money flowing through D.C. and into its pockets and the pockets of its cronies. At this point, the establishment’s only hope is Marco Rubio.

Gina Loudon teams up with her fellow Politichicks in their first blockbuster, “What Women Really Want” — available at the WND Superstore

This presidential primary has now become the classic three-man race: The two front-runners shred each other, and the third man slides right past them for the win.

Now that Jeb is out, Rubio will inherit some of his support. More importantly, he gets the full support of the establishment apparatus.

Jeb’s departure from the campaign is a major victory for grassroots conservatives but could be devastating in the long run.

The outsiders needed a divided establishment to continue winning primaries, but now that the establishment has its candidate in Rubio, it will unite against the divided outsiders.

Donald Trump, Ted Cruz and their supporters will soon need to make a choice: One or the other. You can’t have both.

What do YOU think? Is there anything that can stop Trump from winning GOP nomination? Sound off in today’s WND poll.

In one of the upcoming primaries, Marco Rubio will get a win under his belt, and that may serve to wake up outsiders and force them to unite.

Ted Cruz had better read “The Art of the Deal” now, because at some point in the near future, Donald Trump will offer Cruz a deal.

Unless Cruz pulls into first place soon, he would be wise to take Trump’s deal. Whether it is an offer to be Trump’s running mate, or some other promise, Cruz will either need to step down, or he will hand the election to Marco Rubio.

If Trump and Cruz are both in this race until the end, this will just be another presidential race for Phyllis Schlafly to write about how the establishment installed its candidate and the grassroots got the shaft.

At this point, Cruz may not have any hope of winning the presidency, but he holds all the cards in his decision to hand the election to the establishment. An outsider victory lies solely in the hands of Ted Cruz. One way or another, his commitment to ousting the establishment will become obvious.

http://www.wnd.com/2016/02/trumps-deal-with-cruz/

HAPPY2BME

Re: Trump's deal with Cruz
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 05:04:06 am »
Garbage.

3 states out of 50 have voted.  It is a long way from over.

=============================

A lawsuit could prevent him from becoming VP or even knock him off the primary ballot. Rubio will be a joke after the Florida primary. The RNC has set up rules which say that people who score less than 20% of the vote in a primary cannot get even one delegate. That rule applies to almost half of the states.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 05:05:41 am »
Trump knows he can't win if Cruz stays in.

Rubio can win if Cruz stays in, but Trump can't.

You're in quite a pickle, Donald.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 05:19:14 am »
I am for Cruz and it seems you are for Rubio.  Regardless, as objective as I can be, I think Trump wins with Cruz and Rubio in it.  If one steps out, then the one left will beat Trump.  I do not see that happening, so more likely than not, Trump will win.  But either Cruz or Rubio could say the same of Trump.  If Trump steps out, Cruz could win.  Or Rubio (doubt it because of amnesty).  So this idea that one should submit to the other is crazy.

I do not see Rubio reaping the benefit of Cruz supporters, but then neither do I see Trump getting all of them.  It would probably be 50/50.  But there are other canidates with voters to divide up.  Trump has the highest negatives.

Myself as an example, I will not vote for Rubio or Trump.  I will not be party to placing a person I see as unfit for high office in high office.  I dislike them both that much.  If the Dem wins it will be the fault of those who pushed for weak candidates. 

Anyway, Trump strategists should want both to stay because he has maxed out his support.  Divide and conquer.  He is the weirdest Republican candidate ever in that most of the time he sounds more like he is running for the Democrat nomination.

If both stay in, which is likely, this goes to the convention, and Trump is out.  I like Rubio, but I would vote for Cruz.  I will NOT vote for Trump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 05:31:08 am »

Three contests so far. Trump scores second–first–first. Trump's ahead 8 months in national polls. And through some twisted logic, Trump's the one in quite a pickle. It does test the limits of human logic.

If I'm gullible for supporting Trump, then you, sink, are delusional for not. But, keep grasping at straws. Where once I used to ignore your posts, now I look for them for some comic relief.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 05:43:47 am »
Three contests so far. Trump scores second–first–first. Trump's ahead 8 months in national polls. And through some twisted logic, Trump's the one in quite a pickle. It does test the limits of human logic.

If I'm gullible for supporting Trump, then you, sink, are delusional for not. But, keep grasping at straws. Where once I used to ignore your posts, now I look for them for some comic relief.
I have often stated that contemporary conservatives are math and logic challenged. I'm probably going to add common sense and civility, as well.

I will vote for the eventual Republican nominee. I like winning and winners, and Mr. Trump looks like both.

His detractors seem mostly inclined to put down Trump supporters. Puff themselves up, by putting others down.

But this is merely an entertainment internet site, and bears little resemblance to reality. People post here, that go from site to site, getting kicked off. And there are known frauds, as well.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 05:54:30 am »

My friend, sink has, whether he likes it or not, been wrong about this election to perfection thus far.  If he continues in this manner, he may set some kind of all-time record for being consistently wrong in every possible aspect of his voluminous analyses.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Longiron

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 12:31:50 pm »
My friend, sink has, whether he likes it or not, been wrong about this election to perfection thus far.  If he continues in this manner, he may set some kind of all-time record for being consistently wrong in every possible aspect of his voluminous analyses.

Our friend sink is right up their with the all time greats of picking winners, Dick Morris, Levin, Beck and HANNITY, Kristrol and Iowa. They have been backing losers for the last 20 years. Levin still thinks Hatch and RUBIO are conservative and CRUZ tells the truth.  :silly:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 12:49:17 pm »
I have often stated that contemporary conservatives are math and logic challenged. I'm probably going to add common sense and civility, as well.

I will vote for the eventual Republican nominee. I like winning and winners, and Mr. Trump looks like both.

His detractors seem mostly inclined to put down Trump supporters. Puff themselves up, by putting others down.

But this is merely an entertainment internet site, and bears little resemblance to reality. People post here, that go from site to site, getting kicked off. And there are known frauds, as well.

As usual, truth_seeker, you have the pulse of any current situation.   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Longiron

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016, 01:21:34 pm »
SC sadly proved CRUZ is not electable. He was rejected by the very group, the evangelicals he tried to appeal to. SC is 75 % evangelical and he did not even win a county. He had to at least make a run and the best he did was small point behind RUBIO. IF CRUZ cannot win there he does not appeal to many but a target group and TRUMP carried their vote. CRUZ is a good man IMO but it is not his time yet. BECK killed him in this race and CRUZ has to get away from him if he wants a political career. Agree with the article that somewhere the TRUMP and CRUZ teams need to meet to take out the RINOGOPe new prince RUBIO. Hope CRUZ stays in until after TEXAS and then he better look at a DEAL that TRUMP offers.  :patriot:

Offline Longiron

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2016, 01:26:22 pm »
Garbage.

3 states out of 50 have voted.  It is a long way from over.

Just vote for another POLITICAN who is controlled by their donors and sleep well that they will be working and looking out for you.  :chairbang:  I am sure you will like the 3rd term of BARRY! Maybe you can donate to the Obama Foundation.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 01:28:09 pm by Longiron »

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2016, 01:32:14 pm »
SC sadly proved CRUZ is not electable. He was rejected by the very group, the evangelicals he tried to appeal to. SC is 75 % evangelical and he did not even win a county. He had to at least make a run and the best he did was small point behind RUBIO. IF CRUZ cannot win there he does not appeal to many but a target group and TRUMP carried their vote. CRUZ is a good man IMO but it is not his time yet. BECK killed him in this race and CRUZ has to get away from him if he wants a political career. Agree with the article that somewhere the TRUMP and CRUZ teams need to meet to take out the RINOGOPe new prince RUBIO. Hope CRUZ stays in until after TEXAS and then he better look at a DEAL that TRUMP offers.  :patriot:

I read the thread title and thought Trump was going to give cruz an appointment to SCOTUS, IF TRUMP was elected.  :silly:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 01:32:51 pm by Repub4Truz »

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02