Author Topic: Trump took 45 of South Carolina's 46 counties, losing only in Sumter County, location of the state capitol, to Rubio  (Read 354 times)

HAPPY2BME

Donald Trump won all but one county in South Carolina's Republican primary

Trump's campaign had been cautiously downplaying expectations in the primaries, even though polling showed him leading by a wide margin (and rival campaigns expected him to win).

SOUTH CAROLINA PRIMARY    

CANDIDATE

Bush   56,841  8%

Carson 50,945  7%

Cruz  158,454  22%

Kasich 54,652  8%

Rubio 159,968   22%

Trump 231,773    33%

http://www.wnd.com/2016/02/trump-projected-winner-in-south-carolina/

« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 04:41:53 pm by HAPPY2BME »

HAPPY2BME

« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 03:42:55 pm by HAPPY2BME »

HAPPY2BME

Donald Trump: Fox News 'in love with Marco Rubio'

In the same interview, Trump lashed out at Rupert Murdoch, whose media empire includes Fox News and the Wall Street Journal. He cast doubt on the accuracy of an NBC/WSJ national poll that showed him trailing Ted Cruz by two points, and said it was a "Rupert Murdoch hit."

They're in love with Rubio. I have no idea why, but they are in love with Rubio," Trump said in an interview with Sirius XM's Breitbart News Daily on Thursday.

Trump also accused the network of protecting Rubio after his lackluster performance in the New Hampshire Republican primary debate earlier this month.

"They are in love with Rubio and it's amazing to me, and after he cratered in the debate, they protected him," Trump said.

But in portraying the network as pro-Rubio, Trump is once again seeking to capitalize on the far-right's frustrations with the GOP establishment and its pundits, several of whom appear regularly on Fox. As CNNMoney reported in January, many hard-right conservatives have come to view Fox News as the voice of that establishment.

Trump has been an outspoken critic of Fox News ever since he began criticizing network host Megyn Kelly in the wake of the first Republican primary debate last August. His war with the network peaked in late January, when he skipped the network's second debate.

"Roger Ailes and I like each other, but he doesn't do anything for me. That I can tell you. He certainly doesn't do anything," Trump said. "In one way, he's very professional, he won't lift his finger to help me. Roger Ailes will not lift his finger to help me. Which is fine, I mean he's a professional and maybe that's the way it's supposed to be, but I get treated very badly by Fox."

http://money.cnn.com/2016/02/19/media/donald-trump-marco-rubio-fox-roger-ailes/
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 03:47:43 pm by HAPPY2BME »