Author Topic: Cruz Gaining In Polls in South Carolina  (Read 4348 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Cruz Gaining In Polls in South Carolina
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2016, 08:03:40 pm »
The only polls of any real interest to me at the moment are the ones which will occur In South Carolina tomorrow and Nevada on Tuesday.

If Trump comes out anywhere but first place, I will be on here doing my happy dance. May even do my interpretation of Seahawks Brandon Mebane's Belly Roll dance he does after sacking a QB.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2016, 01:36:26 am »
If Trump comes out anywhere but first place, I will be on here doing my happy dance. May even do my interpretation of Seahawks Brandon Mebane's Belly Roll dance he does after sacking a QB.

I'll be happy if he comes in under 30%.   That means his share of the total primary electorate is shrinking,  and it's likely he's reached his highest level of support. 

I think Trump's support is basically stable and cannot grow.   Hopefully, SC will show that.  He's got a lot of true believers, but those appalled by his temperament are similarly reinforced to oppose the man.   If that's the case, he won't get the nomination. 

Trump, of course, knows this and is being relentlessly negative, especially towards Cruz, his primary opposition in the "anti-establishment" lane. Considering how Cruz early on was kissing up to the guy,  Trump's just out to destroy him.   

As I think Luis said, it's a long game.  First order of business is to keep Trump from growing his support.   I'm for Kasich, and I like that the politics of mutual slander and destruction hasn't found its way to him yet.   The others are smacking and demonizing each other.   Let 'em tear each other to shreds,  and Kasich, unbloodied, can make his move in the blue states with the big winner-take-all primaries.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2016, 06:33:01 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2016, 12:52:08 pm »

The only thing that Ted Cruz seems to be gaining is a few extra pounds....

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2016, 04:22:48 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2016, 09:51:53 pm »
The only thing that Ted Cruz seems to be gaining is a few extra pounds....

AC, Trumpism seems to be settling in.  Really?? A few extra pounds??  Seriously.  Good grief!!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2016, 09:53:10 pm »

A cut above the rest for sure!  Obviously respect for our veterans and others!  I love this guy! 

Ted Cruz 2016!  Reigniting the Promise of America!!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 09:53:32 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2016, 09:58:36 pm »
AC, Trumpism seems to be settling in.  Really?? A few extra pounds??  Seriously.  Good grief!!!

remember Black Pride?  how about "Gay Pride"?

that were seeing played out in the last few months is simply an extension of the above....

Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2016, 10:21:38 pm »
BTW I absolutely meant no offense to AC ... it just seems that this election has gotten to people.  Rightfully so.  This is perhaps the most important election of our lifetime as the next president will likely seat two or more justices.  That is why we need to elect a true Constitutional conservative that we can trust!  The future of our country, our children's future and out grand children's future depend on it.

Ted Cruz 2016!   Reigniting the Promise of America!!!    :patriot:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2016, 10:24:01 pm »
BTW I absolutely meant no offense to AC ... it just seems that this election has gotten to people.  Rightfully so.  This is perhaps the most important election of our lifetime as the next president will likely seat two or more justices.  That is why we need to elect a true Constitutional conservative that we can trust!  The future of our country, our children's future and out grand children's future depend on it.

Ted Cruz 2016!   Reigniting the Promise of America!!!    :patriot:

:amen:

Very well said and absolutely true!   :patriot:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2016, 10:42:15 pm »

Now, that there is some funny shit.

:silly:
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2016, 10:45:06 pm »
It will happen, but not until later when there are less candidates diluting the anti-trump vote. Trumps negatives in the GOP are sky high. Hopefully, we will see that on Super Tuesday.

Florida.

The anti-Trump firewall.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline aligncare

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2016, 03:00:00 am »
Florida.

The anti-Trump firewall.

How's Rubio's polls in Florida? Trump's?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2016, 03:15:57 am »

Actually Cruz and Trump are doing well in FL.  I still don't see Rubio taking his home state.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2016, 03:17:48 am »
Actually Cruz and Trump are doing well in FL.  I still don't see Rubio taking his home state.

They know him best!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2016, 03:45:09 am »

We stopped Gore in 2000.

We can stop another Democrat.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2016, 03:45:41 am »
Rubio/Kasich 2016

Offline libertybele

« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2016, 03:52:14 am »
Rubio/Kasich 2016

That is dependent on 2 things ... Cruz, Kasich and Carson all dropping out and Rubio being able to take FL.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2016, 04:07:25 am »
Rubio/Kasich 2016

The twitter speculation is that Rubio offers Cruz Scalia's seat on SCOTUS to drop out.  Don't know if Cruz is willing to bow out yet, but I'd much prefer him on the SCOTUS.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2016, 05:49:07 am »
That is dependent on 2 things ... Cruz, Kasich and Carson all dropping out and Rubio being able to take FL.

A Rubio/Kasich ticket anchors two very important States.

I think that now that Jeb is out, he will; campaign for Marco in Florida.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2016, 01:07:41 pm »
Rubio/Kasich 2016

That (or Kasich/Rubio :) )  is the ticket that can get us the White House,  I think.  And that is what matters,  in the year of the Great Passing.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Longiron

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2016, 02:13:32 pm »

That (or Kasich/Rubio :) )  is the ticket that can get us the White House,  I think.  And that is what matters,  in the year of the Great Passing.

:silly: