Author Topic: Tyranny of the Minority Majority? 11 Mar 2008  (Read 942 times)

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
Tyranny of the Minority Majority? 11 Mar 2008
« on: February 18, 2016, 03:30:48 pm »

A piece I wrote on 11 Mar '08

"What would a win for Obama mean to us as a nation.  IMO it would be the turning point of the US as the greatest nation on earth to a RAPID decline into a all but non-player on the world stage.  A win would change this country so radically that few would know it 8 years later.  But WHY?  In a word, TYRANNY.

tyr·an·ny  (tr-n)
n. pl. tyr·an·nies
1. A government in which a single ruler is vested with absolute power.
2. The office, authority, or jurisdiction of an absolute ruler.
3. Absolute power, especially when exercised unjustly or cruelly

Key word is "single ruler".  DO NOT confuse this with "individual".  A single ruler could be 1 person or 1 group of people with a single view...starting to see where I am coming from?
What if, we could get a group of people to vote in a singular fashion?

Group Think:
The poor, welfare-foodstamp, public housing folks, minorities of all kinds, illegal aliens and those who receive government "entitlements" that are NOT Social Security or Federal retirement.
Get those folks to vote or rather trade their vote for a government handout and you will establish what is called "tyranny of the MAJORITY".

The courts and the DimOkrats have been moving us in that direction as fast as possible since WWII.  They have done that thru the use of "individual rights"; where the rights of an individual trump the rights of the whole.

When a politico stands up and says "You have the right to free medical care" he/she is trading for your vote.  That said Dims know this and have capitalized on it.  At the same time they MUST keep you down, keep you in poverty and keep you in NEED by granting you rights that ONLY the government can fulfill.  Tax the rich and give to the poor.  Ask the poor folks if that is a good idea and tell them to vote for ME and I will tax the rich and give you their money...tyranny of the majority!
"Give them bread and circuses"

Augustus Caesar on keeping the citizens of Rome from rebelling. Give them 'bread and circuses' (panem et circenses). Keep the people fed and well entertained, and what would they have to rebel against? A contented populace has no grievance with its masters...
and

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanet form of government. It can only exist until voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that point on the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benifits from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship." Alexander Tytler."
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 03:36:53 pm by 17 Oaks »
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Tyranny of the Minority Majority? 11 Mar 2008
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 03:46:19 pm »
Another example of conservatives debasing the language.

Voters get tired of the "sky is falling" and little boy crying "wolf" and eventually it is just those hair on fire Republicans always using words, to try to scare people.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 03:48:36 pm »

Voters get tired of the "sky is falling" and little boy crying "wolf" and eventually it is just those hair on fire Republicans always using words, to try to scare people.
Sorry, don't get your point at all, I am sure you have one...
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 04:37:46 pm »
Sorry, don't get your point at all, I am sure you have one...

Overuse of terms like tyranny.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 04:42:14 pm »

Isn't that exactly what Trump is doing?  Scaring his supporters about Muslims, Mexicans, jobs, George W Bush, all of his opponents?

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 05:24:11 pm »
Overuse of terms like tyranny.
Yes I used it 5 times to include the title.  I wanted to drive the point home and illustrate some of the actions that lead to it.

I did not alter the original piece from the time I wrote it in Mar of '08.  I saw it coming before he was elected and it has arrived.