Author Topic: Senior U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia found dead at West Texas ranch  (Read 9153 times)

Offline ABX

• Technical
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The Court can operate with only eight Justices.  The number of SC Justices is established by Congress via statute.  It has varied in the past.

many cases have been judged with fewer due to recusing or illness.

HAPPY2BME

Anyone wanna bet Obama WON'T nominate either a lesbian or a TRANSGENDER?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
The Hill ?@thehill 19m19 minutes ago

Judiciary Cmte member's spox says "zero" chance Obama appoints Scalia replacement

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/269382-reports-justice-scalia-dead
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

Offline mountaineer

One more communist on the USSC coming our way.
Eric Holder is available,  but will Obammy get bold and name a Muslim?  **nononono*
"Because men have lost the objective basis of certainty of knowledge of the thing in which they are working, more and more I fear we are going to find them manipulating science according to their own sociological or political desires rather than standing upon concrete objectivity." Francis A. Schaeffer

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Senator Harry Reid ?@SenatorReid 7m7 minutes ago

The President can and should send the Senate a nominee right away. The Senate has a responsibility to fill vacancies as soon as possible.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
SavageNation ?@SavageNation 8m8 minutes ago

TWITTER ERUPTS With Hateful Tweets Following News That Conservative Justice Scalia Has Died:
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Brit Hume ?@brithume 10m10 minutes ago

Senate GOP would be smart not to announce they'll block any Obama SCOTUS nominee. Smart play would be simply to do it.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Michele Bachmann ?@MicheleBachmann 33m33 minutes ago

Reading a Scalia dissent was akin to reading a Shakespearean sonnet. RIP
53 retweets 99 likes
Support the USO

Offline EdinVA

The President can and should send the Senate a nominee right away. The Senate has a responsibility to fill vacancies as soon as possible.

Uncle Harry needs another session with his exercise equipment... :)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Uncle Harry needs another session with his exercise equipment... :)

Is his brother available... :silly:
Support the USO

Offline Carling

Look at this ghoul.  This is going to backfire on the Dems.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline ABX

• Technical
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
This should scare everyone

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
    • The Conservative Fist
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 06:42:41 PM by Free Vulcan »
The Conservative Fist: https://twitter.com/arguedpolitics - follow me and I'll follow you.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., indicated the Senate will not move on an Obama nomination.

I wish I could trust McConnell
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

I just responded to Reid's tweet by calling him a POS. I may be in trouble. 
"Because men have lost the objective basis of certainty of knowledge of the thing in which they are working, more and more I fear we are going to find them manipulating science according to their own sociological or political desires rather than standing upon concrete objectivity." Francis A. Schaeffer

Offline Right_in_Virginia

• TBR Contributor
"January 20th 2017 will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again."  --  President Donald J. Trump

• TBR Contributor
I wish I could trust McConnell

We have no choice.   **nononono*
"January 20th 2017 will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again."  --  President Donald J. Trump

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
My concern: Obama will appoint a minority woman then bring out out the armies of leftists to the charges of racism if the Senate balks and delays.  It works for the election and it works for making the Senate Republican cave.  Under that pressure, they will cave.  If not, Obama unleashes riots this summer in the cities.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline flowers

I just responded to Reid's tweet by calling him a POS. I may be in trouble.
you might be......then again being on a forum like this you already are in the line of fire.  :smokin:

Offline flowers

My concern: Obama will appoint a minority woman then bring out out the armies of leftists to the charges of racism if the Senate balks and delays.  It works for the election and it works for making the Senate Republican cave.  Under that pressure, they will cave.  If not, Obama unleashes riots this summer in the cities.
you are correct.....yet obama unleashes riots anyway this summer no matter what.

• TBR Contributor
Maybe this will wake people up to the seriousness of elections and whats at stake. Especially when we see who Obama nominates.

I want Ted Cruz on the Supreme Court .... always have, and always will. 

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
I want Ted Cruz on the Supreme Court .... always have, and always will.
X2!!!!!!!!!!
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Online Fishrrman

• Fishrrman Speaks!
Honest John wrote:
"If it's delayed until a Senate recess, then obama would be able to appoint anyone to the vacancy (at least, until the end of the next Senate)."

Let this become "the scenario".

The Senate should refuse to consider a nominee in 2016, and McConnell should specifically (and PUBLICLY) convey to obama that no nominee will be conisdered until 2017.

Let obama appoint a replacement if he dares.
The appointment will end with his presidency.

Offline flowers

Fight over Scalia replacement heats up as Democrats demand vote this year

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/feb/13/fight-over-antonin-scalia-replacement-heats-democr/

The battle over replacing Justice Antonin Scalia was already underway Saturday afternoon, an unseemly few hours after news of his death shook Washington, with Democrats insisting President Obama should be able to name a quick replacement.

With the court now divided between four Republican-appointed justices and four Democratic picks, Mr. Obama would have a chance to tilt the bench decidedly to the left, and liberal lawmakers said he should have that chance.

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
Here is the reality folks:  FACT is there should be no diff between a Rep or Dim on the SCOTUS bench.  Their SINGULAR job is to decide upon where or not that when appears before the USSC is in compliance with the US Constitution or not...no more, no less!  Sadly its drifted far far from the that.
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf