Author Topic: Senior U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia found dead at West Texas ranch  (Read 11091 times)

Offline flowers

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Offline katzenjammer

Wow, not good at all.

RIP, Antonin.  To say you will be missed is an understatement.

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
NOT GOOD at all.  Our best hope is that we can delay an appointment until after the election.  You can bet Obama will go for a Black, female, Muzzie, far left FAR LEFT radical...
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Offline flowers

Still nothing at fox or drudge. if true R.I.P. 

Offline katzenjammer

NOT GOOD at all.  Our best hope is that we can delay an appointment until after the election.  You can bet Obama will go for a Black, female, Muzzie, far left FAR LEFT radical...

Let's hope that the Senate can hold off the pressure.  I am expecting that there will be tremendous pressure to allow the current occupant to name his replacement.

Offline flowers

Drudge has it now.  8888crybaby  Truly a sad day for this country.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Associate Justice Antonin Scalia was found dead of apparent natural causes Saturday on a luxury resort in West Texas, federal officials said.

Scalia, 79, was a guest at the Cibolo Creek Ranch, a resort in the Big Bend region south of Marfa.

According to a report, Scalia arrived at the ranch on Friday and attended a private party with about 40 people. When he did not appear for breakfast, a person associated with the ranch went to his room and found a body.

Chief U.S. District Judge Orlando Garcia, of the Western Judicial District of Texas, was notified about the death from the U.S. Marshals Service.   ...

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/us-world/article/Senior-Associate-Justice-Antonin-Scalia-found-6828930.php

This is bad. 

Offline katzenjammer

Still nothing at fox or drudge. if true R.I.P.

Seems to be true, but odd that there has been such a delay.  Your original article was posted 6 hours ago, and no other sources picked it up until a few minutes ago...

Offline MACVSOG68

Fortunately the Republicans control the Senate agenda, and they must hold off this nomination.  This is a far more momentous issue than the presidential election as it would turn the Court around to a liberal majority.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
One of the bulwarks is gone.

This goes to show how important this election will be.   The Senate will delay any replacement until the new President is known.

Folks,  I hate to sound like a broken record,  but this terrible loss should focus minds about what's really important, and what must be done.  Trump cannot be the nominee.   The time for games and vanity is over.  This election must be won. 

R.I.P.  Justice Scalia. 
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 10:30:46 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
All over Bing news search now.

I'm sure the liberals are celebrating, their only sadness being that they can't put a few million more conservatives in the grave, ASAP.

Given the timing and cases on the docket, I do hope this is natural causes. Although he wasn't a spring chicken, I am always suspicious of fortuitously timed events like this. Alot of important cases on the docket that the liberals need to go their way this year.

Watch Obama try to ramrod a new radical left appointment in there as quickly as possible.

RIP Justice Scalia.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 10:26:01 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline sinkspur

McConnell won't hold a vote in an election year.

And this will be one of THE major issues in the election.  We know what Hillary or Sanders would do.

We do not know what Trump would do.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Oh my...  I'm rocked.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline LambChop

RIP

May you reach Heaven 30 min before the devil knows you've passed

Offline andy58-in-nh

I'm speechless. Prayers for him. And for America.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline flowers

this is truly devastating. 

Offline katzenjammer

Offline EdinVA

Fortunately the Republicans control the Senate agenda, and they must hold off this nomination.  This is a far more momentous issue than the presidential election as it would turn the Court around to a liberal majority.

wow...
I hope the senate finds a spine and holds the line with Obama... he is probably salivating at the news....

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
I highly doubt Obama will appoint his replacement.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Lando Lincoln

My liberal relatives are celebrating on FB. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

HonestJohn

McConnell won't hold a vote in an election year.

And this will be one of THE major issues in the election.  We know what Hillary or Sanders would do.

We do not know what Trump would do.

Can Congress delay the appointment for over a year?  I don't mean to say whether they'd want to or not, but don't Supreme Court justices have to be replaced with some level of speed? 

---

If it's delayed until a Senate recess, then Obama would be able to appoint anyone to the vacancy (at least, until the end of the next Senate).

« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 10:50:14 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
wow...
I hope the senate finds a spine and holds the line with Obama... he is probably salivating at the news....

Yep.

Gonna keep my money out of whether McConnell will grow a spine on this one. Odds are not near good enough.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Mod1

Just a thought here, let's keep the sniping and political point-making OUT of this thread, in this great American's honor.  OK?