Author Topic: This Democrat Says It Is Not ‘Sporting’ To Use Semi-Automatic Weapons For Self-Defense  (Read 482 times)

rangerrebew

This Democrat Says It Is Not ‘Sporting’ To Use Semi-Automatic Weapons For Self-Defense

Brian Anderson
February 11, 2016

Dan Muroff is an anti-gun liberal nutcase who is running for Congress. He is hoping to unseat fellow anti-gun kook US Rep. Chaka Fattah for Pennsylvania’s 2nd Congressional District by being an even bigger anti-gun kook. In a positively illuminating interview, Muroff explains how he wants to ban semi-automatic firearms because it is not “sporting” for people to use them in self-defense.

While speaking with aldianews.com about his campaign, Muroff laid out his street cred on gun control with liberal gems like these:

“Guns in the street are easier to find than healthy produce. They unravel the fabric of not just an individual’s future, but with it their family’s future,” said Muroff.

Sounds like “the streets” have more of fresh produce problem than a gun problem. Also, there’s that whole thing about how the Constitution doesn’t guarantee our right to keep and bear carrots, which I’m sure Muroff is aware of.

“The number of deaths, the number of families that are devastated. When I say remediable, I don’t been fixable. But you can remedy in part, and mitigate in part, the gun violence in cities and elsewhere by passing reasonable legislation,” he continued.

I don’t been fixable? I’m not sure if that is a typo or if Muroff just has some mild brain damage but either way, this is a great new liberal take on the ineffectiveness of gun control. He’s saying, “Sure, gun control won’t actually fix the problem of crime and violence, but it will make lefties feel better about it.”

And speaking of liberal creativity with words:

“We can’t allow those who see this as a single issue stand in the way of what reasonable people know what needs to be done,” said Muroff.

According to him the people that want to take away a Constitutional right are the reasonable ones and by implication, those who would fight to preserve that right are the unreasonable ones.

After laying out his plan to ban weapons, hold gun owners accountable if their firearms are stolen and used in a crime, and closing non-existent loopholes, Muroff assures us: “I’m not talking about taking away second amendment rights, but responsible ownership and responsible sales.”

I don’t think he meant that the way it came out, but he did just say that he is talking about taking away “reasonable ownership and responsible sales.” Then again, maybe that’s exactly what he meant to say.

Finally, we get to the single dumbest thing he said in an insanely unintelligent interview:

“It’s not sporting to use a semi-automatic weapon to go hunting, or frankly, self-defense,” said Muroff.

WTF!?! It’s not sporting to defend yourself using a semi-automatic weapon against a dangerous criminal? Does he honestly feel like we need to give the scumbags a sporting chance when they are trying to rape and murder? I guess so. Maybe he thinks we should all have muzzle-loading black powder muskets just to give the bad guys a reasonable chance of succeeding in their evil deeds.

In hunting there is a train of thought that says using a semi-automatic rifle makes the sport less challenging. No such thing exists in self-defense. You meet force with equal or greater force. Period. There is no sportsmanship in matters of life and death.

And again, Muroff’s misunderstanding of the 2nd Amendment shines through. There is nothing in the Constitution that ties gun ownership to hunting or even self-defense. We simply have the right to own guns and liberal douchebags like him don’t have a right to mess with that.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/this-democrat-says-it-is-not-sporting-to-use-semi-automatic-weapons-for-self-defense
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 03:13:41 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

What a guy!  He thinks having an advantage over an armed thug who breaks into your house just isn't fair but has no problem with capitol guards carrying weapons to protect him, increased security in the house garages, and having metal detectors all over the D.C. :tongue2: