Author Topic: Live Thread>>New Hampshire Results>>The First Votes of the New Hampshire Primary Have Been Cast  (Read 14344 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Congratulations to Trump and Trump supporters - you've won the first round.

But as Luis says, it's a long road,  and Trump can't win the nomination, let alone the general election, unless he can gain support from folks beyond his hard core of Perot/Wallace populists.   Nearly half of New Hampshire voters made up their minds in the days before the election, and it appears almost none of them went for Trump.   Trump's oxygen remains because his opposition is splintered.  As Bigun says,  when the field is narrowed to two or three,  Trump will be defeated.   

« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 02:11:46 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline EdinVA

But as Luis says, it's a long road,  and Trump can't win the nomination, let alone the general election, unless he can gain support from folks beyond his hard core of Perot/Wallace populists.   Nearly half of New Hampshire voters made up their minds in the days before the election, and it appears almost none of them went for Trump.   Trump's oxygen remains because his opposition is splintered.  As Bigun says,  when the field is narrowed to two or three,  Trump will be defeated.

It is going to be interesting to see where the "dropouts" support ends up... I am sure Trump will get his share tho...

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Closed Primaries and no day of election registrations would go a long way.

Yes, it would.  Might be why they don't do it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Actually, the second round.  Cruz won the first.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
We have been asking over the last several weeks, Why is Bush still in the race? Why are people still giving him money?

I guess now we know. You can 'buy' votes. If you have enough millions to do it.

If I wanted to be elected as 'Dog Catcher', I suppose I could do it. If I had enough money to buy each vote for $1200.

The opposite reality is, everyone say Trump is the 'money candidate'. Wrong.

Jeb Bush is the deep pockets money candidate. And it is not his money he is spending. He is spending the money of his controllers/masters.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
We have been asking over the last several weeks, Why is Bush still in the race? Why are people still giving him money?

I guess now we know. You can 'buy' votes. If you have enough millions to do it.

If I wanted to be elected as 'Dog Catcher', I suppose I could do it. If I had enough money to buy each vote for $1200.

The opposite reality is, everyone say Trump is the 'money candidate'. Wrong.

Jeb Bush is the deep pockets money candidate. And it is not his money he is spending. He is spending the money of his controllers/masters.

Little Jebbie spent $36 million in New Hampshire for exactly ZERO delegates!

The establishment REALLY REALLY wants little Jebbie!

« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 02:47:16 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline katzenjammer

Little Jebbie spent $36 million in New Hampshire for exactly ZERO delegates!

The establishment REALLY REALLY wants little Jebbie!

Yes, they do.  That is why I have been saying for months, no matter how Jeb is polling (or slowly accumulating delegates now), it is unrealistic to expect him to "drop out" before the Convention.  Jeb, or a reasonable facsimile, is the desired nominee.

Offline xfreeper

And speaking of high water marks, Trump needs to keep as many people in the race for as long as he can because when it gets down to just two or three he's finished.

I agree. Cruz will eat him up if he gets him one on one and he has been very smart about building his ground game for the long haul

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Yes, they do.  That is why I have been saying for months, no matter how Jeb is polling (or slowly accumulating delegates now), it is unrealistic to expect him to "drop out" before the Convention.  Jeb, or a reasonable facsimile, is the desired nominee.

And the good news is that it ain't working!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline katzenjammer

And the good news is that it ain't working!

I will wait until July 21, 2016 (or a day or two later?) to make that judgment!   :whistle:

Offline xfreeper

With his poor showings his money will begin to dry up and his campaign is at risk of imploding. If he goes into the convention very weakened against a candidate with a lot of support and momentum it will be hard for the party to pull it off. It's looking less and less likely.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

That's mean bigun... but funny

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
With his poor showings his money will begin to dry up and his campaign is at risk of imploding. If he goes into the convention very weakened against a candidate with a lot of support and momentum it will be hard for the party to pull it off. It's looking less and less likely.

Absolutely. Those mega-buck donors don't donate because of the political purity of their hearts and their firm beliefs of what is best for America. They see their donates as INVESTMENTS,and they damn sure expect a return on the money they invest. If JEB does as badly in SC as he has in Iowa and NH,he's toast. Chances are those big investors will be talking behind the scenes to Clinton's people to see what they will be offered if they support her. Assuming of course they aren't already doing this.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline katzenjammer

We shall see!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

That's mean bigun... but funny

You can never be too mean to anyone named Bush.

BTW,the talking heads on NBC news this morning were talking about hos Barbara Bush 2,one of Boy Jorge's daughters was supporting Mrs Bubba.

I see that as a double-edged sword that cuts through the "conservative" facade the Bush Crime Family hides behind,and shows them to be the lying posers they are.

Gee,I wonder if Bubbette!'s campaign would make any use of that if it ended up being her versus JEB?

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I agree. Cruz will eat him up if he gets him one on one and he has been very smart about building his ground game for the long haul

I agree with all. Trump may be every single thing that everyone says about him.
But he is a tactician. And he knows what he is doing.

Put all the rube Ivy League educated political consultants up against Trump, (as they already are) and Trump will be the person teaching the class in how to Win.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline aligncare

Chris Christie won't even qualify for the GOP debate Saturday night after this poor showing in NH.

Christie and Trump had a long conversation last night. Wonder what that was about? Probably mending fences. Trump has a lot of business in New Jersey, I'm sure he wants to maintain friendly relations with the governor.

Anyway, look for Christie to suspend his campaign sometime today or tomorrow and his supporters pledged to Trump.

Offline aligncare

Don't be surprised if Trump came out the winner in a one-on-one with Cruz. But, I suspect we will never get the chance to know the outcome of that hypothetical.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Don't be surprised if Trump came out the winner in a one-on-one with Cruz. But, I suspect we will never get the chance to know the outcome of that hypothetical.

I agree! Trump won't make it that far!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

I'd be VERY surprised. Trump doesn't debate anyone. He doesn't know how. All he knows how to do is get mad and start hurling insults without EVER addressing the question. In a 1 on 1 situation where the mediators can't bail him out by letting someone else speak,Trump will get spanked like a rented mule.

The reality is that emotionally Trump is a spoiled 12 year old Trust Fund Kid that lives in his own narrow little world of "Donalddom".

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
It is my opinion, and only my opinion, that you are all in for a surprise. Things that you never expected to happen do happen, once in a while.