Author Topic: Beyonce turns Super Bowl halftime into Black Panthers, Black Lives Matter, Malcom X rallying cry  (Read 4920 times)

Offline katzenjammer

I have to say, I find this all a bit funny.

If it weren't for all of these reports that have come up since then, I would have had no idea what happened at the half-time show.

I saw most of it, looking into the family room from the kitchen while I was getting more food to eat.  All that I saw was a bunch of people prancing around the field and a lot of noise from the speakers.  I had no idea that a protest was underway.   :shrug:

rangerrebew

And boycott all NFL gameday sponsors and apparel sponsors.

If you boycott the game, you boycott the sponsors.  I started ignoring the game about 5 years ago when it had been degenerated by the marketing media to be nothing but a carrier, a virus, for the people on Madison Avenue.   I would like to see it get back to the first game coverage where it was just another game, an important one to be sure, but a game, not a multi million dollar carnival.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
The Super Bowl has become like the Academy Awards - just another political tool for the elites to foist on the masses - to take something that was once enjoyable and to turn it into something to indoctrinate the great unwashed.

Don't watch either one anymore.   :shrug:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
The Super Bowl has become like the Academy Awards - just another political tool for the elites to foist on the masses - to take something that was once enjoyable and to turn it into something to indoctrinate the great unwashed.

Don't watch either one anymore.   :shrug:
X2
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Offline Charlespg

thug lives dont matter  to me
and neither do hug -a -thug assholes like beyonce  :shrug:

as for the superbowl it stopped being entertaing years ago
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 04:22:25 pm by Charlespg »
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

If it weren't for all of these reports that have come up since then, I would have had no idea what happened at the half-time show.

I saw most of it, looking into the family room from the kitchen while I was getting more food to eat.  All that I saw was a bunch of people prancing around the field and a lot of noise from the speakers.  I had no idea that a protest was underway.   :shrug:

I agree, Katz.

The audio was atrocious and like all black music today, couldn't tell WTF she was trying to say.  I just saw naughahyde leather and fishnets...and bullets criss-crossing her torso.....as in,  "We don't need no steenkin' badges!"   Only prettier.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

i had no clue either until the next day. DC is right, they are big pals with obama. photo of jayz in the situation room in the prez chair in 08.

Offline Charlespg

The BLM movement needs to be declared a criminal organization and made    the subject of  a RICO Suit  . Its too bad Beyonce and the other celebrity supporters can no longer be hauled up before the HUAC  as well
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline aligncare

Finally, some common sense push back.

"A house divided against itself cannot stand." - Abraham Lincoln

We're all in this together--we, all Americans, all.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I agree, Katz.

The audio was atrocious and like all black music today, couldn't tell WTF she was trying to say.  I just saw naughahyde leather and fishnets...and bullets criss-crossing her torso.....as in,  "We don't need no steenkin' badges!"   Only prettier.    :laugh:

To me the hilarious part is we have an alleged black woman that bleaches her skin white,dyes her hair blond and/or wears blonde wigs,and wears blue or green contact lenses talk-in 'bout Black Pride.

If deep thought is considered to be hard work,there is no danger of her ever working to exhaustion,is there?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
To me the hilarious part is we have an alleged black woman that bleaches her skin white,dyes her hair blond and/or wears blonde wigs,and wears blue or green contact lenses talk-in 'bout Black Pride.

If deep thought is considered to be hard work,there is no danger of her ever working to exhaustion,is there?

Exactly!   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

The only thing I walked away from that half time show learning was that Beyonce is now fat.

Offline flowers

The only thing I walked away from that half time show learning was that Beyonce is now fat.
:laugh: 

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The most important change I have seen over the last few years is that finally, and at last, Black racist anti-everyone but Black, pigs, are being are being called out as Black racist thugs.

If anyone called a Black person racist, even only 5 years ago, it would be unheard of. Blacks are considered to be mentally challenged by the Leftist. They are too stupid and simple to ever be 'racist'. They are simply not capable of it.

According to the Left there are two fundamental things that Black people are simply not genetically able to comprehend.

One is to be able to get an ID. They can't do it. They simply do not have the intelligence to be able to accomplish such an overwhelming task.

The second, is that they are not capable of being 'racists'. Since they don't even know what that is?

Now, we have people calling Obama 'racist' almost every day, which is what he and Michelle are. We have people calling BLM, vicious anti-White racists, which is what they are.

I am only noting the fact that it is no longer taboo to say that Blacks are racists. And this is what I applaud from the Beyonce fiasco.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 01:11:13 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3444117/Beyonce-s-Super-Bowl-poster-boy-Black-Lives-Matters-agitated-paranoid-stabbed-threatened-doing-gunned-cops.html

The death of Mario Woods was protested by Beyonce's dance troop at the Super Bowl last Sunday
    Woods was shot by police in San Francisco in December as he allegedly refused to drop a knife and death has become controversial
    Now for first time man he stabbed minutes earlier goes public to tell of his bloody encounter with 26-year-old convicted felon
    Mercel Gardner, also 26, was wounded in the arm by Woods who threatened to 'poke' him again before running off
    Gardner speaks to Daily Mail Online that claims that Woods was innocent are false - but he does not condone police shooting

Offline Paladin

"Gardner speaks to Daily Mail Online that claims that Woods was innocent are false"

And it doesn't matter a fig to Beyoncé and the BLM activists.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

rangerrebew

Sheriffs: Beyoncé is ‘inciting bad behavior’ and endangering law enforcement

By Niraj Chokshi February 18 at 8:02 AM
Coldplay, Beyonce, Bruno Mars play Super Bowl 50 halftime show
Play Video1:00
A taste of the performance by Coldplay, Beyonce and Bruno Mars at the Super Bowl Sunday as they played separately and together at the Halftime show. (AP)

At first, Sheriff Robert Arnold said he had no explanation for why shots were fired outside his home in Rutherford County, Tenn., on Monday night — except perhaps for an undercurrent of anti-police sentiment in America.

“You do make people mad when you do your job; so that’s the only thing I could think of,” Arnold said at a news conference Tuesday, according to edited video of his comments posted by the Daily News Journal.

But then another possibility came to mind, and Arnold blamed Beyoncé.

“With everything that happened since the Super Bowl… that’s what I’m thinking: Here’s another target on law enforcement,” he said.

He went on: “You have Beyoncé’s video and that’s kind of bled over into other things, it seems.”

In a subsequent statement, Arnold said that his remarks “reflect the violence and senseless killing of seven deputies in the U.S. since the show aired. My comments are an observation of the violence that has occurred but in no way is meant to offend anyone.”

Since the Super Bowl, five U.S. police officers have been fatally shot, according to the non-profit Officer Down Memorial Page.

[Rudy Giuliani: Beyoncé’s halftime show was an ‘outrageous’ affront to police]

The hits keep coming for Beyoncé, whose new music video and Super Bowl halftime-show performance continue to attract the ire of law enforcement officers and officials who say she dialed up the hate and put police in danger.

In particular, they say, her Super Bowl show — watched by nearly 120 million Americans — carried a dangerous anti-police message.

A number of police officers and officials and their supporters took to social media the night of the Super Bowl to voice their displeasure with Beyoncé — emotions channeled by public officials and police groups in the days since.

“It’s inciting bad behavior,” National Sheriffs’ Association Executive Director Jonathan Thompson told The Washington Post this week. “Art is one thing, but yelling fire in a crowded theater is an entirely different one.”

On the night of the Super Bowl, Thompson said, the group was hosting a watch party at the J.W. Marriott in downtown Washington for members in town for an annual meeting. Reminded by one member that Beyoncé was about to perform her controversial new song, “Formation,” Thompson said he asked the party attendees if they wanted to turn off the volume.

“I got an overwhelming response from the audience: ‘We don’t want to hear it,'” he recalled. “And some of the language was a bit salty.”

And so, he said, the audio was muted and members of the association turned their backs on Beyoncé’s performance.
Beyoncé's 'Formation' music video, annotated
Play Video2:43
In a surprise release a day before her Super Bowl performance, Beyoncé dropped the song "Formation" and its music video. Here's a guide to the video, the lyrics and things you might have missed. (Nicki DeMarco/The Washington Post)

Since then, the sheriff’s group has described the show as “anti-police” in public statements and even sent a letter to the NFL complaining of its decision to air it. Thompson declined to share details of the letter’s contents but said he is convinced that the NFL knew about the performance and its message and allowed it to proceed regardless.

“At this point, I think the NFL had a serious error in judgment,” he said.

Police who “make errors of judgment” should be held accountable, Thompson said, but Beyoncé’s went too far.

[Police officers experience fewer deaths these days — but increased tension]

He and others take issue with the imagery in the “Formation” video and Beyoncé’s Super Bowl performance of the song.

The video opens with the singer standing atop a half-submerged New Orleans police cruiser, a recurring image throughout. Other related symbols periodically flash on screen: Sirens; a jacket that says “POLICE” on it; graffiti that reads “stop shooting us.”

At one point, a hooded boy dances in front of a line of riot gear-clad officers who later join him in raising their hands — an apparent allusion to Michael Brown, who some initially believed had his hands up to surrender when he was shot dead by a police officer. (That version of events was later challenged by federal authorities.)

At the end of the video, the police cruiser fully submerges in the water, taking Beyoncé with it.

In her Super Bowl show, Beyoncé and her back-up dancers wore costumes reminiscent of the Black Panther Party, whose members projected black empowerment and sometimes committed violent acts during the Civil Rights era. The dancers at one point formed an “X” with their bodies, a possible allusion to Malcolm X.

Thompson and others have also criticized the the lyrics of “Formation,” though they make no mention of the police or the law and he could not cite specific offensive passages. Instead, the song is largely an exaltation of traits and characteristics typically associated with being black.

New Jersey’s largest state troopers union voiced its “shock and disgust” at the performance in a letter sent to NFL officials and published online by the the New Jersey Star Ledger last week.

“We call on the NFL to separate itself from that message,” State Troopers Fraternal Association of N.J. President Christopher Burgos wrote in the letter addressed to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

Burgos noted the the 1973 murder of state trooper Werner Foerster at the hands of former the woman law enforcement refers to as Black Panther Party member Joanne Chesimard, also known as Assata Shakur. In 2013, Chesimard became the first woman named to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Most Wanted Terrorist list.

“It cannot be denied that the black panthers have assassinated officers and troopers who were upholding the constitution and rule of law, keeping everyone in our society, regardless of color or creed safe,” he wrote.

Separately, Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clark Jr. compared Beyoncé’s attire to the white robes of the Ku Klux Klan on the Fox Business Channel last week.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/02/18/the-beyonce-backlash-continues-sheriff-cites-super-bowl-show-after-shooting-near-home/
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 09:55:14 am by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Requests for TPD officers to work Beyonce concert unfilled
Crystal Clark reports
By: Crystal Clark, FOX 13 News

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/93352985-story

Posted:Feb 17 2016 11:24PM EST

Updated:Feb 19 2016 12:38AM EST

Update - Following FOX 13's original story on the matter of security staffing for the Beyonce show at Raymond James Stadium, Tampa Police said officers were signed up to work the event. Read the update here: TPD: 'Dozens' signed up to work Beyonce show, exact number unavailable

TAMPA (FOX 13) - Beyonce has taken a lot of heat for her new song “Formation,” which critics claim has an anti-cop message. Some Tampa Police officers might agree, if the request to work her upcoming Tampa concert is any indication. No one has agreed to do it.

Typically, officers who are off-duty agree to work concerts and sporting events at the venue for extra income, but none have signed up to work security for Beyonce’s upcoming concert on April 29 at Raymond James Stadium.

Photo
Requests for TPD officers to work Beyonce concert unfilled

The concert is expected to be a sold-out show, so not staffing the event with uniformed officers would be a security risk.

Tampa Police Department spokesperson Steve Hegarty was unable to tell FOX 13 News if the lack of names on the list revealed officers' feelings about Beyonce or the recent controversy surrounding her music and the Super Bowl halftime show where she and a group of dancers wore outfits themed after the Black Panthers.

“We’re going to staff it because we have a responsibility to do that regardless of how controversial it might be, who the artist might be, or the politician might be,” Hegarty explained. “This is a couple of months away, so we’ve still got plenty of time to fill those slots.”

Tampa Police did not clarify if officers could be forced to work the concert or if officers already on duty that night could be reassigned to cover the concert.

Police officials said this would not be the first time officers were not interested in working for an event featuring a controversial politician or celebrity, but each time the department is able to ensure enough officers cover the venue prior to the event.

FOX 13 reached out to the Tampa police union for its official stance on officers working at the Beyonce concert, but no one was available for comment Wednesday.

Meanwhile, other law enforcement officers across the nation have spoken out against Beyonce’s “Formation” music video, which is set in New Orleans and features a wall that reads “Stop shooting us,” and shows Beyonce standing on top of a sinking police cruiser.

Last week, a Detroit Police sergeant’s Facebook post sparked an internal investigation.

The post read: "If the dance troupe at the top is okay for this year's half-time show, then the one at a bottom should be okay for next year’s, right?"

The picture showed Beyonce’s back up dancers dressed as Black Panthers compared to an image of the Ku Klux Klan.

“Would that be acceptable if a white band came out in hoods and white sheets in the same sort of fashion? We would be appalled and outraged,” said Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clark, who appeared on Fox News to speak out against the pop star’s new song.

However, an Anti-Beyonce protest held outside NFL headquarters on Tuesday drew only three people. Others in attendance were in support of the singer.

Beyonce’s upcoming world tour is slated to stop in Tampa on April 29 at Raymond James Stadium. Tickets are currently on sale.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 09:59:15 am by rangerrebew »