Author Topic: Trump's unwelcome support: White supremacists  (Read 1139 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

Trump's unwelcome support: White supremacists
« on: February 06, 2016, 07:40:08 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/05/politics/donald-trump-white-supremacists-new-hampshire/index.html

(CNN)—New Hampshire voters may be stunned to hear the latest robocall asking for their vote; it's from white nationalists with a simple, disturbing message.

"We don't need Muslims. We need smart, educated, white people," according to the male voice on the calls, which began Thursday night and urge voters in New Hampshire to vote for Donald Trump.

Three white nationalist leaders have banded together to form their own super PAC in support of Trump, even though Trump doesn't want their support.

The American National Super PAC is funding the robocall effort, which is organized under a separate group called the American Freedom Party.

On its website, the American Freedom Party says it "shares the customs and heritage of the European American people."

Hear the entire unauthorized phone call endorsing Trump at the American Freedom Party website. It was not immediately clear how many New Hampshire homes would receive the calls. Similar robocalls were placed ahead of the Iowa caucuses.

"Most white people would prefer to live in majority white neighborhoods and send their children to majority white schools, and deep in their bones, they are deeply disturbed by an immigration policy that is making the United States majority non-white," said Taylor. "So when Donald Trump talks about sending out all the illegals, building a wall and a moratorium on Islamic immigration, that's very appealing to a lot of ordinary white people."

Taylor added, "They will say that I support Donald Trump because he's going to send away all illegal immigrants and build a wall and that he wants to put a moratorium on Islamic immigration, and I will say that what this means is that he wants immigrants who will assimilate to our Western values. And I'm all for that, and I think all of the people in New Hampshire are all for that, too."

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Trump's unwelcome support: White supremacists
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 07:42:51 pm »
First let me make it clear, Trump or his campaign in no way acknowledges the support of this Super Pac. But you can't be surprised that this group and others like it would support Trump. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 07:45:44 pm »

Yeah, and I heard transvestites are supporting Rubio, and used car salesmen, Cruz. Oh, my!

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 07:46:04 pm »
Jose Angel Gutierrez, professor, University of Texas, Arlington; founder of La Raza Unida political party; and beneficiary of American generosity:

"We have an aging white America. . . . They are dying. . . . They are ******** in their pants with fear! I love it!" "We have got to eliminate the gringo, and what I mean by that is if the worst comes to the worst, we have got to kill him."

AZTLAN LEADER QUOTES

While I am saying this half serious and half joking, I think we are practicing la reconquista in California."
~ Jose Pescador Osuna, Mexican Consul General, Feb 2002.

"I have proudly affirmed that the Mexican nation extends beyond the territory enclosed by its borders and that Mexican migrants are an important - a very important - part of this."
~ Ernesto Zedillo, Former President of Mexico, speaking in Chicago, July 23, 1997.

"Mexico extends beyond its borders."
~ Vicente Fox, Current President of Mexico, speaking to a gathering in Milwaukee in July of 2001

"California is going to be a Hispanic State and anyone who doesn't like it should leave. They should go back to Europe."
~ Mario Obledo, President of the Californian Coalition of Hispanic Organisations, June 1998

"Our devil has pale skin and blue eyes..." "To the gringos in the audience, I have one final message to convey, 'Up yours, baby. You've had it, from now on.' "
~ Jose Angel Gutierrez, professor, University of Texas.

"We have an aging white America. They are not making babies. They are dying. The explosion is in our population... I love it. They are sh!tting in their pants with fear. I love it.... We have got to eliminate the gringo, and what I mean by that is if the worst comes to the worst, we have got to kill him."
~ Jose Angel Gutierrez, professor, University of Texas.

"Remember 187 (proposition to deny taxpayer funds for services to non citizens) was the last gasp of white America in California."
~ Art Torres, Chairman of the California Democratic Party in front of 400 cheering Latinos at U.C. Riverside on January 14, 1995.

"We need to avoid a white backlash by using codes understood by Latinos... non-Latinos aren't watching, they aren't raising questions"
~ Fernando Guerra, professor, Loyola Marymount

"Go back to Boston! Go back to Plymouth Rock, Pilgrims! Get out! We are the future. You are old and tired. Go on. We have beaten you. Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. .. Through love of having children, we are going to take over."
~ Augustin Cebeda, of the 'Brown Berets', a militant Aztlan group at a violent rally in Los Angeles on July 4, 2000.

"Fair housing agencies report a surge in discrimination by immigrant landlords from many nations who refuse to rent outside their ethnic group."
~ Reported in Los Angeles Times, Nov. 21 2001.

"In an extraordinary political move, President Vicente Fox has announced the formation of a cabinet level agency to govern, protect and provide services to over 20 million Mexicans now living in Aztlan, a territory encompassing most of the southwest part of the USA. President Fox declared yesterday that he will personally lead the new agency he named "Consejo Nacional para las Comunidades Mexicanas en el Exterior" (National Council for Mexican Communities Abroad). The "Council" will consist of the president, most of the cabinet secretaries and a, as of yet unnamed, representative from Aztlan. This is a bold move that essentially extends the arm of the Mexican government into the territories it previously lost during the Mexican-American War of 1848."
~ Reported in "La Voz de Aztlan", August 7, 2002.

"We have Nicaragua, soon we will have El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, and Mexico. One day, tomorrow or five years or fifteen years from now, we're going to take 5 to 10 million Mexicans and they are going into Dallas, into El Paso, into Houston, into New Mexico, into San Diego, and each one will have embedded in his mind the idea of killing ten Americans."
~Thomas Borge, Nicaragua Interior Minister as quoted in the Washington Times, March 27, 1985

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 07:56:24 pm »

Donald clearly holds an attraction to such people.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 07:58:25 pm by Meshuge Mikey »
Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Offline Paladin

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 09:03:16 pm »
First let me make it clear, Trump or his campaign in no way acknowledges the support of this Super Pac. But you can't be surprised that this group and others like it would support Trump.

Just as you can't be surprised that practically every Leftist group in America, including the Communist Party USA, supports Obama.

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 12:33:52 am »

And it would be refreshing if Mr. Trump rejects explicitly the support of white supremacists or any sort of organised bigotry, as did a
certain New York mayoral candidate in 1965.

MR. [GABE] PRESSMAN: Mr. [John V.] Lindsay has just said that you are running a racist campaign. Your reaction?

W[ILLIAM]. F. B[UCKLEY, JR].: Well, he went out of his way to say that I am not a racist. What he said is that certain
people of racist persuasion are agitating for me. Now, Mr. Pressman, I honestly don't know what to make of the situation. I saw for
instance a reference to somebody claiming to be a supporter of mine who made some reference to "not wanting bleep in Prospect
Park." Now I know enough about newspaper reporters to know (a) that the episode might not have existed at all, or (b) that he might
have said something very different. But in case such a person does exist, I want to say something to him: "Buster, I don't want your
vote. You go off to the fever swamps and get yourself your own candidate, because I'm not your man." The Negroes in the city---the
city belongs just as much to them as it belongs to any white man. There is no place for racism in New York City and there is nothing
that I have ever said or ever will say that will give any kind of help or encouragement to racism.

MR. PRESSMAN: Do you feel that there are any people supporting you who have racist ideas?

WFB: I don't doubt it for a moment. I don't doubt that there are Communists supporting Mr. Lindsay. We know there are
racists in New York, don't we? We know there are Communists in New York. There are presumably Nazis in New York. There are
vegetarians---there are kooks of every kind in New York. And each one of them is going to find his own candidate. The point is---
is it correct to infer from the existence let us say of a Communist voting for Mr. Lindsay, that Mr. Lindsay is a Communist? Obviously
not. There were people in that Vietnam parade yesterday calling for surrender in South Vietnam wearing Lindsay buttons. Am I
therefore justified in saying that Lindsay represents the forces of surrender in South Vietnam? Obviously not. That is the way of
the demagogue, and I am trying to resist demagoguery, and I wish that Mr. Lindsay would succeed half so well.

MR. PRESSMAN: And you repudiate any racist backing?

WFB: I don't even need to repudiate it, Mr. Pressman. To repudiate it is to acknowledge that there is some burden on me even to
go into the subject. And there is no such burden.

---William F. Buckley, Jr., in "Race, Religion, and Politics," from The Unmaking of a Mayor (1966). Buckley cited a partial
transcript from a local discussion show, Searchlight, on New York NBC, October 1965, moderated by Gabe Pressman.
(Pressman is still alive at 92 and working still for New York NBC.)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 12:39:51 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 01:25:20 am »
"And it would be refreshing if Mr. Trump rejects explicitly the support of white supremacists or any sort of organised bigotry, as did a
certain New York mayoral candidate in 1965."

And the reason he or anyone like him doesn't, EasyAce, is contained in your very own post:

"To repudiate it is to acknowledge that there is some burden on me even to
go into the subject. And there is no such burden." WFB
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 01:52:11 am »
"And it would be refreshing if Mr. Trump rejects explicitly the support of white supremacists or any sort of organised bigotry, as did a
certain New York mayoral candidate in 1965."

And the reason he or anyone like him doesn't, EasyAce, is contained in your very own post:

I agree with Buckley.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 02:11:23 am »

The problem is that Buckley was being only slightly coy. He actually did make the repudiation, in the remark
he offered to any such people supporting him. He could deny a burden to go into the subject overall because he'd
made that remark, appropriately. And for better or worse things in 1965 were a little different than they are
today. Give them the room to shoot your ass down over the most trivial thing now and they'll do it unless you
shoot back with just one bullet.

But then we're talking about a presidential candidate today who is far more reckless and witless than even
the most reckless and witless 1960s candidates in any election. And he's not exactly the only reckless and/or
witless candidate in the pack.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline Carling

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 02:28:11 am »
Sometimes I just shake my head.

To acknowledge this "support" is to legitimize it.  Ignore it and it's not an issue.

BTW, why would white supremacists support Trump?  He has a long history on his TV show and his business career of promoting based on merit instead of race or gender. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 02:38:42 am »

BTW, why would white supremacists support Trump?  He has a long history on his TV show and his business career of promoting based on merit instead of race or gender.

If you open the story, and watch the video you would see the white nationalists member list their reasons. 

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 04:31:00 am »
Sometimes I just shake my head.

To acknowledge this "support" is to legitimize it.  Ignore it and it's not an issue.

Perhaps it is his attacks on brown people like Mexicans, muslims, Rubio, and Cruz.

maybe.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 04:31:51 am »
If you open the story, and watch the video you would see the white nationalists member list their reasons.
oh please.  Must we?

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2016, 07:56:44 am »
BTW, why would white supremacists support Trump?

The immigration issue. It is divisive enough, and it is often enough discussed in language that causes people on either side
of the issue to wonder whether and how many of those who oppose illegal immigration do so because it is illegal or because it is immigration
at all. And it is the sort of issue and divide that bigots of any stripe---white supremacist or otherwise---exploit, and rather adroitly.
To the point where anyone as colourfully vocal on the issue as Donald Trump might been seen by those fever swampers as an accommodating
candidate whether or not he has actually said that he opposes all immigration or that he is himself a white supremacist.

Trump is a much flawed candidate. White supremacism is not one of his faults, clearly enough. Rhetorical extravagance aside, even his most
venomous opponents concur. That doesn't necessarily stop such fever swampers from pouncing on one or another of his positions as evidence
that he is their candidate even if he, too, might say to any white supremacist, or other active bigot, "Buster, I don't want your vote."

The bad news is that the fever swampers are always among us and never reluctant to make their mischief. The further bad news is that, for better
or worse, they place men and women who would not be caught dead in their swamps otherwise to speak one or another way to be rid of them, if
only because those with the influence to do so make those men and women publicly and personally culpable for things they actually had nothing
to do with. Mr. Trump rejects their support but that won't stop them from supporting him anyway. But he can deflect any attempt to pin him
as something he is not, which pinning would stand on the shaky ground that one or another kind of fever swamper thinks he's their man.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 08:05:35 am by EasyAce »

Offline Carling

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2016, 05:04:53 pm »
Perhaps it is his attacks on brown people like Mexicans, muslims, Rubio, and Cruz.

maybe.

Am I reading a post from DU or HuffPo?

Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

HonestJohn

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2016, 06:43:03 pm »
Am I reading a post from DU or HuffPo?

Are Hispanics and non-Christians supposed to be denigrated?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2016, 06:57:22 pm »
And it would be refreshing if Mr. Trump rejects explicitly the support of white supremacists or any sort of organised bigotry, as did a
certain New York mayoral candidate in 1965.

MR. [GABE] PRESSMAN: Mr. [John V.] Lindsay has just said that you are running a racist campaign. Your reaction?

W[ILLIAM]. F. B[UCKLEY, JR].: Well, he went out of his way to say that I am not a racist. What he said is that certain
people of racist persuasion are agitating for me. Now, Mr. Pressman, I honestly don't know what to make of the situation. I saw for
instance a reference to somebody claiming to be a supporter of mine who made some reference to "not wanting bleep in Prospect
Park." Now I know enough about newspaper reporters to know (a) that the episode might not have existed at all, or (b) that he might
have said something very different. But in case such a person does exist, I want to say something to him: "Buster, I don't want your
vote. You go off to the fever swamps and get yourself your own candidate, because I'm not your man." The Negroes in the city---the
city belongs just as much to them as it belongs to any white man. There is no place for racism in New York City and there is nothing
that I have ever said or ever will say that will give any kind of help or encouragement to racism.

MR. PRESSMAN: Do you feel that there are any people supporting you who have racist ideas?

WFB: I don't doubt it for a moment. I don't doubt that there are Communists supporting Mr. Lindsay. We know there are
racists in New York, don't we? We know there are Communists in New York. There are presumably Nazis in New York. There are
vegetarians---there are kooks of every kind in New York. And each one of them is going to find his own candidate. The point is---
is it correct to infer from the existence let us say of a Communist voting for Mr. Lindsay, that Mr. Lindsay is a Communist? Obviously
not. There were people in that Vietnam parade yesterday calling for surrender in South Vietnam wearing Lindsay buttons. Am I
therefore justified in saying that Lindsay represents the forces of surrender in South Vietnam? Obviously not. That is the way of
the demagogue, and I am trying to resist demagoguery, and I wish that Mr. Lindsay would succeed half so well.

MR. PRESSMAN: And you repudiate any racist backing?

WFB: I don't even need to repudiate it, Mr. Pressman. To repudiate it is to acknowledge that there is some burden on me even to
go into the subject. And there is no such burden.

---William F. Buckley, Jr., in "Race, Religion, and Politics," from The Unmaking of a Mayor (1966). Buckley cited a partial
transcript from a local discussion show, Searchlight, on New York NBC, October 1965, moderated by Gabe Pressman.
(Pressman is still alive at 92 and working still for New York NBC.)

Great find, Easy Ace.  I wonder what WFB would have thought of Donald Trump?   (Certainly, the current folks who run NR are appalled by the man.)   But I know - movement conservatism is dead and irrelevant.   Populist, nativist, radio-and-new-media driven "conservatism" is the new breed.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2016, 07:06:55 pm »
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2016/01/william-f-buckley-on-trump.php

WILLIAM F. BUCKLEY ON TRUMP

Turns out that William F. Buckley Jr. took the measure of Trump in an essay written way back in 2000 for Cigar Aficiando. (By the way, if only Marvin Shanken had taken my advice and started Trophy Wife Aficianado, this essay on Trump would have fit even better there.) National Review helpfully reprints most of it today, but here are the most relevant two paragraphs:

What about the aspirant who has a private vision to offer to the public and has the means, personal or contrived, to finance a campaign? In some cases, the vision isn’t merely a program to be adopted. It is a program that includes the visionary’s serving as President. Look for the narcissist. The most obvious target in today’s lineup is, of course, Donald Trump. When he looks at a glass, he is mesmerized by its reflection. If Donald Trump were shaped a little differently, he would compete for Miss America. But whatever the depths of self-enchantment, the demagogue has to say something. So what does Trump say? That he is a successful businessman and that that is what America needs in the Oval Office. There is some plausibility in this, though not much. The greatest deeds of American Presidents — midwifing the new republic; freeing the slaves; harnessing the energies and vision needed to win the Cold War — had little to do with a bottom line.

So what else can Trump offer us? Well to begin with, a self-financed campaign. Does it follow that all who finance their own campaigns are narcissists? At this writing Steve Forbes has spent $63 million in pursuit of the Republican nomination. Forbes is an evangelist, not an exhibitionist. In his long and sober private career, Steve Forbes never bought a casino, and if he had done so, he would not have called it Forbes’s Funhouse.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2016, 03:08:21 am »
The greatest deeds of American Presidents — midwifing the new republic; freeing the slaves; harnessing the energies and vision needed to win the Cold War — had little to do with a bottom line.

Word.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2016, 03:19:42 am »
But I know - movement conservatism is dead and irrelevant.   Populist, nativist, radio-and-new-media driven "conservatism" is the new breed.

Conservatism proper (movement or otherwise) is on life support, anyway. And it has been at least since actual or alleged conservatives
decided big government wasn't so terrible so long as it was actual or alleged conservatives controlling its levers, largesse, and larceny.
Since the nation got a good long look at actual or alleged conservatives in command of the executive and legislative branches and
watched them govern in ways that provoked nuclear outrage when done with liberals in the same command. Comes Mr. Trump with
his abrasive populism and an inability to comprehend the core philosophy of American government and its guiding document, an
inability that so-called conservatives deplored furiously when displayed by the incumbent president who was purported to be a
professor of constitutional law once upon a time.

This time the lambs are leading the way to the slaughterhouse. And the almost according-to-script denunciations by enough of Mr.
Trump's lambs of anyone refusing that kind of direction reminds me of a comment once offered by Peter Viereck: Any attempt to
scrape the barnacles off an excellent if aging ship is never seen as an attack upon the ship itself. Except by the barnacles.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 03:22:51 am by EasyAce »