Author Topic: For Serious Coffee Drinkers  (Read 3837 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: For Serious Coffee Drinkers
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2016, 03:36:56 pm »
I hate flavored coffee creamers....like you just a touch of cream and that's it

Put that touch of cream in San Francisco Bay gourmet coffee "fog chaser." The sweetness will blow you away, without any sugar added.

Wingnut

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2016, 03:48:50 pm »

It was reported that the new Keurig machines will NOT run with anything but sanctioned brands.  Seems the machine 'recognizes' something on the foil overlay that gets punctured, etc..
In August of 2014 Keurig Green Mountain® replaced the standard Keurig K-Cup® brewers with a new version 2.0. This new version is very similar to previous models except for ONE thing... it includes a new lockout technology that only allows “Authorized K-Cups®” to work.
It does this by visually identifying a special ink on the lidding.

There was a huge customer revolt because of that and Keurig backed off real fast.   

n a victory for consumers, Keurig Green Mountain is bringing back the refillable My K-Cup, which was discontinued with the debut of Keurig 2.0 machines last year. The backlash was fast and furious and sales of the new pod coffeemakers dropped a stunning 23 percent. “We took it away because My K-Cup wasn’t going to work with our new system,” said CEO Brian Kelley in a call with market analysts. “Quite honestly, we were wrong.”

Moral of the story:
Never mess with a man coffee fix.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2016, 03:55:36 pm »
In August of 2014 Keurig Green Mountain® replaced the standard Keurig K-Cup® brewers with a new version 2.0. This new version is very similar to previous models except for ONE thing... it includes a new lockout technology that only allows “Authorized K-Cups®” to work.
It does this by visually identifying a special ink on the lidding.

There was a huge customer revolt because of that and Keurig backed off real fast.   

Moral of the story:
Never mess with a man coffee fix.

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2016, 03:58:05 pm »

There are workarounds for Keurig 2.0.

San Francisco Bay Gourmet Coffee includes a "Keurig 2.0 DRM "Freedom Clip" which allows you to use their K-Cup (which is more Eco-friendly, uses less plastic) in any Keurig machine.

If you haven't tried San Francisco Bay gourmet coffee, you owe it to yourself.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2016, 04:18:50 pm »
There are workarounds for Keurig 2.0.

San Francisco Bay Gourmet Coffee includes a "Keurig 2.0 DRM "Freedom Clip" which allows you to use their K-Cup (which is more Eco-friendly, uses less plastic) in any Keurig machine.

If you haven't tried San Francisco Bay gourmet coffee, you owe it to yourself.

I have the Freedom Clip and it works well...though the plastic in it can melt and warp after some use, it isn't the best made thing you've ever seen.  It just blocks the camera.  San Francisco Bay Gourmet Coffee can be found for a pretty good price (whole bean) at Costco, if you aren't using Keurig.  I have not found the San Francisco Bay K-Cup as yet.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2016, 04:31:15 pm »
Another thing I do from time to time is take about a ¼ teaspoon of Hershey pure chocolate powder and put it in the bottom of my cup the pour my coffee into it.  It gives you a true Mocha.  Or if you are a bean grinder you can buy some Cocoa beans and integrate them with your coffee beans when you grind them.  Start off with just a few and then adjust the qty to get the blended taste you want.

This is my Nespresso machine and it does make a great cup.

I do that in my drip pot - sometimes I sprinkle some cocoa over the grounds in the basket before brewing - cinnamon too.  It gives it a nice subtle taste without the artificial taste of the flavored stuff.  For a real special treat, I use a milk frother and top my coffee with frothy milk and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

Livin' large!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2016, 04:55:57 pm »
I have the Freedom Clip and it works well...though the plastic in it can melt and warp after some use, it isn't the best made thing you've ever seen.  It just blocks the camera.  San Francisco Bay Gourmet Coffee can be found for a pretty good price (whole bean) at Costco, if you aren't using Keurig.  I have not found the San Francisco Bay K-Cup as yet.

I buy directly from the company online. I have it set for automatic delivery, which brings the price down even more.

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2016, 07:48:48 pm »
I've got the answer to everyone's dilemma: San Francisco Bay Gourmet Coffee (check them online). The best option I have found for the lowest cost and highest quality--make that, the "best tasting coffee"--on the planet. Try their "Fog Chaser." It's a simple blend that puts Green Mountain 100% Colombian to shame, and it's $20 cheaper per 80 Kurig cup than any of the other pretenders.

Trust me. You will not believe the freshness and flavor. At BJ's: Green Mountain $49, San Francisco Bay gourmet coffee $28.
Gosh, I forgot about ole Fog Chaser, from my days living there.  Yea, good stuff and I bet the Turkish grind will REALLY bring out the hidden flavors....

You will thank me later.
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Offline flowers

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2016, 08:18:51 pm »
I used to get Gevalia. I don't drink high end coffee anymore. Instant and I only drink about 1/2 cup these days.