Author Topic: Trump Tweets Out Photo of Record-Breaking Crowd. Then People Get a Look at a Second Picture…  (Read 474 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I'm going to have to defend him on this one. Seating capacity numbers look a lot different when viewed as a group standing all in the main floor instead.

Donald Trump has attracted some pretty eye-popping crowds during his presidential campaign, so his fans could be forgiven for thinking that he’ll always fill up the arena.

And if you were just following Trump on Twitter, you’d think the image below, from a rally in Little Rock, Arkansas, told the whole story:

Just one problem: David Martosko, a political reporter who was covering the event, tweeted out the following photos challenging Trump’s claim:

At The Daily Mail, Martosko noted:

But the Barton Arena has just 7,150 seats, according to the fair’s website, and room for another 3,045 in floor seating, for a total of 10,195.

While Trump’s fans were standing, not sitting, the floor was less than one-half full and some sections of seats remained mostly empty – suggesting the crowd was perhaps half of what was announced from the stage.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Any idea when the "second" set of photos were taken?  I'm guessing it was early on as the place was filling up before Trump arrived. 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Any idea when the "second" set of photos were taken?  I'm guessing it was early on as the place was filling up before Trump arrived.
If that's so, why is Trump already on the stage? If it were before or after his speech (which would've been the easy way to make it look like a smaller attendance) he would not be standing there, would he?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline NavyCanDo

No doubt about it, that is Trump on the stage. Not saying this is a sign of  pending doom for him, but I think Cruz or Rubio, or maybe even both will be nipping at his heels, and the margin between winner and second place will be 2 or 3 percentage points.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

HAPPY2BME

OK.  That's it.

There is enough photographic evidence here to put Donald Trump away for life.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

OK.  That's it.

There is enough photographic evidence here to put Donald Trump away for life.
Let us not jump to hasty conclusions here...
Arkansas does have capital punishment.

Offline R4 TrumPence

Our local news said the place was packed and the count was11,500,which was capacity. That was per the arena staff.

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Our local news said the place was packed and the count was11,500,which was capacity. That was per the arena staff.
Who you gonna believe?  The media, or your lying eyes?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 05:32:13 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Longiron

[/quot

Nah! That would not fit the HATERS talking points! :beer: