Author Topic: PPP Poll: Trump Lead 'Significantly Diminished' (Trump down 9)  (Read 3749 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
PPP Poll: Trump Lead 'Significantly Diminished' (Trump down 9)
« on: February 04, 2016, 02:04:41 pm »
Released later today but according to their Twitter page, the change over the last poll is significant:

Trump -9
Cruz +3
Rubio +8
Carson +5

Public Policy Polling indicated in a tweet Wednesday that it has begun a new national poll showing front-runner Donald Trump's support "significantly diminished."

No other details were given other than the poll will be officially released on Thursday.

Breaking News at Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/public-policy-polling-twitter-trump-lead/2016/02/03/id/712617/#ixzz3zCwy0BOe
Urgent: Rate Obama on His Job Performance. Vote Here Now!

Offline ABX

Re: PPP Poll: Trump Lead 'Significantly Diminished' (Trump down 9)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 02:06:40 pm »
New Hampshire is down to similar numbers Iowa saw a week before their caucus. NH may be tighter than expected.

Trump -- 25
Cruz--21
Rubio-21
Carson --11

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 02:09:05 pm »
Things are about to get interesting.

Elections have consequences, as do public trumper tantrums.  :whistle:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 02:23:10 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline ABX

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 02:11:19 pm »
Things are about to get interesting.

Elections have consequences, as do public tamper tantrums.  :whistle:

When your temper tantrum becomes the top trending twitter hash tag, you may have issues. #TrumperTantrum

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 02:13:19 pm »
I think his temper tantrum and sore loserman routine about Iowa is going to cost him dearly.

(And I thank the Lord for that!)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 02:13:27 pm »
Maybe it's just a blipp. I suspect in true trump style he'll lob a few more outragious verbal bombs to see if his numbers rebound.  But, hopefully people are growing weary of his schtick and this will be the start of his end.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 02:13:29 pm »
I can certainly understand Trump's dropping in the polls.

The reason I am beginning to question Donald Trump is not for his incessant attacks on his opponents.  That's politics.

Unless his speeches are filled with details, I am not happy with Trump's still speaking in generalities and not specifics.

This "We're getting killed in trade deals with [fill-in-the-blank]" and "You're gonna be sick of winning!!" is a bit disconcerting to me, at this time in the campaign.

When it was reported that 25% of federal workers were planning on quitting/retiring under a Donald Trump presidency, I quickly thought of Ronald Reagan and the Air-Traffic Controllers (ATC) union.   Was hoping he was going to say, we're going to cull the federal rolls by more than 25%.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 02:17:25 pm »
I know Trump people now hate Glenn Beck and Dana Lash, but they're on now calling him the "chaos candidate."  I think that's a good descriptor of what he's been doing during this 'campaign' of his.

Once again pointing to the possibility that Trump is a stalking horse for Clinton.  He's in it to make the Republican party look like idiots.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 02:31:05 pm »
I know Trump people now hate Glenn Beck and Dana Lash, but they're on now calling him the "chaos candidate."  I think that's a good descriptor of what he's been doing during this 'campaign' of his.

Once again pointing to the possibility that Trump is a stalking horse for Clinton.  He's in it to make the Republican party look like idiots.

No...he's not.

He decided to go the Populism and Nationalism route toward the presidency.  He's tapping into the anger felt by the vast majority of American People at what the Democrats and specifically, Pelosi, Reid, Obama, Kerry and Clinton have done to our country.   With 100% cooperation from the mainstream media.

A simple message that he's going to return to the policies of what made America the greatest country on the globe can only go so far.

My point is that it's time for him to begin acting 'Presidential' and offer HIS solutions.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 02:32:28 pm »
Maybe it's just a blipp. I suspect in true trump style he'll lob a few more outragious verbal bombs to see if his numbers rebound.  But, hopefully people are growing weary of his schtick and this will be the start of his end.

Sooner or later that sort of thing looses it's appeal to nearly everyone! I think we are finally at that point in this cycle.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 02:36:21 pm »
No...he's not.

He decided to go the Populism and Nationalism route toward the presidency.  He's tapping into the anger felt by the vast majority of American People at what the Democrats and specifically, Pelosi, Reid, Obama, Kerry and Clinton have done to our country.   With 100% cooperation from the mainstream media.

A simple message that he's going to return to the policies of what made America the greatest country on the globe can only go so far.

My point is that it's time for him to begin acting 'Presidential' and offer HIS solutions.

It's well past that time, DC.  His concession speech in Iowa was the only time he's acted like an adult, and the next day he's playing algor in a lousy remake of Florida 2000.

And, while I'm at it, he's embodied every negative stereotype the left has of conservatives.  I'd be shocked if he isn't doing it on purpose to destroy everyone right of center, because if he's not trying, he's doing an amazing job of succeeding.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2016, 02:37:34 pm »
Sooner or later that sort of thing looses it's appeal to nearly everyone! I think we are finally at that point in this cycle.

Anybody checked TOS lately?  Are they still banning folks for saying bad things about Trump?

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 02:42:20 pm »

I hope so Bigun.  It is time to say good riddance to bad rubbish.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 02:53:27 pm »
I think before the Cruzers get all giddy they might want to look where the most momentum is. It is not with them.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 02:57:40 pm »
I think before the Cruzers get all giddy they might want to look where the most momentum is. It is not with them.

It's not just "Cruzers" who want your Donald to go down, Johnnie.  It's the vast majority of Republicans and Conservatives.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2016, 02:58:51 pm »

Is that based on actual VOTES or just somebody's worthless opinion?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2016, 03:26:27 pm »
All I'll say is this: Live by the sword, die by the sword.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2016, 03:42:46 pm »
Is that based on actual VOTES or just somebody's worthless opinion?

As Trump is disocfering, live by the poll die by the poll. Handsprings of joy over movement towards your candidate needs to be tempered by the realization another candidate is tied with your candidate and has gained more grown then yours in the same time frame you are celebrating.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2016, 03:45:24 pm »
NH 4 Day Tracking Poll:  News7/UMass, Lowell:

Trump:       36%
Rubio:        15%
Cruz:          14%
Kasich:         7%

http://www.whdh.com/story/31137507/hiller-instinct-7newsumass-lowell-new-hampshire-tracking-poll-day-4

Offline musiclady

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2016, 03:46:52 pm »
All I'll say is this: Live by the sword, die by the sword.

True.  Eventually, wielding a sword, or an uncontrolled tongue, catches up with you.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2016, 03:47:16 pm »
NH 4 Day Tracking Poll:  News7/UMass, Lowell:

Trump:       36%
Rubio:        15%
Cruz:          14%
Kasich:         7%

http://www.whdh.com/story/31137507/hiller-instinct-7newsumass-lowell-new-hampshire-tracking-poll-day-4

We will find out exactly how much that's worth this coming Tuesday night!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2016, 03:49:54 pm »
We will find out exactly how much that's worth this coming Tuesday night!

Of course.   :shrug:

Wingnut

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2016, 03:56:02 pm »
I don't know if you can trust poll accuracy anymore. On the rare occasion I am polled, I've taken to flat out lying to the questioner.  Many of my friends do the same.  Maybe they account for that in their algorithms. :shrug:   Maybe not.  How else can they be so wrong and getting "wronger"  these past years?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2016, 03:58:46 pm »
Two New Hampshire results that would not surprise me at all:

-  Rubio places first,  Trump second

-  Cruz finishes fourth, behind Rubio, Trump and (you pick 'em)  Christie or Kasich.   Remember, retail politics is what counts in New Hampshire.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline musiclady

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2016, 04:00:33 pm »
I don't know if you can trust poll accuracy anymore. On the rare occasion I am polled, I've taken to flat out lying to the questioner.  Many of my friends do the same.  Maybe they account for that in their algorithms. :shrug:   Maybe not.  How else can they be so wrong and getting "wronger"  these past years?

Probably because the purpose of many of them is to drive and control opinion and not to reflect it.