Author Topic: Jane Fonda Organizing 'Dump Trump' Campaign  (Read 3314 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jane Fonda Organizing 'Dump Trump' Campaign
« on: January 21, 2016, 02:37:13 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=710245

Newsmax
Jane Fonda Organizing 'Dump Trump' Campaign
Wednesday, January 20, 2016 09:41 PM

Prominent actors, writers and thinkers joined a "Stop Hate Dump Trump" campaign to denounce the billionaire Republican presidential frontrunner, saying he is a threat to the United States.

Actors Harry Belafonte, Kerry Washington and Jane Fonda, filmmaker Jonathan Demme and intellectual Noam Chomsky are among those lending their support to the drive to prevent Donald Trump getting into the White House.

"We are offering Americans a chance to be heard and engage in action, as Trump's campaign gains momentum even as he increases his hateful and divisive rhetoric," said playwright Eve Ensler, one of three cofounders.

"We also intend to put the media and political institutions on notice that they are accountable for normalizing Trump's extremism by treating it as entertainment, by giving it inordinate and unequal air time and by refusing to investigate, interrogate or condemn it appropriately."

Trump announced his bid for the White House last June, dominating the news cycle of the presidential race ever since with insults slamming Mexicans and illegal immigrants, and a call for a ban on Muslims entering the United States.

The website said it united people as diverse as worker movement leaders, actors, teachers, farmers, students, poets and heads of companies.

"We believe Trump is a grave threat to democracy, freedom, human rights, equality and the welfare of our country and all our people," the campaign said.

"History has shown us what happens when people refuse to stand against hate-filled leaders. We pledge ourselves to speak out in every way possible against the politics of hate and exclusion he represents."

Nearly 1,200 people had added their signatures to the campaign within hours of it going live on Wednesday.

Jodie Evans, a documentary film producer and cofounder of the anti-war organization Code Pink, said the initiative had arisen out of a conversation with Ensler and said the celebrity endorsements had come from their friends.

"The media is pushing the hate of Donald Trump like it's a reality show," she told AFP.

The third cofounder is law professor Kimberle Crenshaw.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

Re: Jane Fonda Organizing 'Dump Trump' Campaign
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 02:44:40 pm »
I guess the TBR anti-Trump bunch will be helping this effort....  :tongue2:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 03:06:45 pm »

I am shocked actually; I thought GI Jane would be all for Trump.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 03:09:17 pm »

Nah. I hate rich communists a lot more than I hate egomaniacal, unprincipled jerks.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 03:18:02 pm »
Nah. I hate rich communists a lot more than I hate egomaniacal, unprincipled jerks.

:beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 03:20:52 pm »

Nah. I hate rich TRAITOR communists a lot more than I hate egomaniacal, unprincipled jerks.

FIXED IT FOR YA!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 03:35:30 pm »
The Dump trump groups certainly are a disgusting group of parasites, miscreants, malcontents, dryed-up hippies, yippies and the like.  Not to mention  thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, bull dykes, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shiat-kickers, and Comunists.

with apologies to Mel Brooks

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 04:05:08 pm »
Too bad.  It's bound to increase Trump's appeal.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 04:09:02 pm »
Now there's a GOOD reason to consider Trump

CPT ARMOR
MACV 1971

Imjin Scout
1968-1969
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 04:21:17 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2016/01/20/celebrities-join-stop-hate-dump-trump-anti-donald-campaign/

Celebrities Join ‘Stop Hate Dump Trump’ Anti-Donald Campaign

by Daniel Nussbaum20 Jan 20166,417
Dozens of celebrities and activists have joined a new campaign aimed at derailing the presidential prospects of Republican frontrunner Donald Trump and the “politics of hate and exclusion he represents.”

Michael Moore, Kerry Washington, Rosie O’Donnell, Harry Belafonte, Jane Fonda, Dylan McDermott, Roseann Barr, and Lily Tomlin are among the film and television stars who have pledged to “speak out in every way possible” to prevent Trump from becoming the next President of the United States as part of the new “Stop Hate Dump Trump” campaign.

In a statement on its website, the group says it believes Trump is “a grave threat to democracy, freedom, human rights, equality, and the welfare of our country and all our people.”

“We have witnessed Trump inciting hatred against Muslims, immigrants, women, the disabled,” the campaign’s website reads. “We have seen him evidencing dangerous tendencies that threaten the bedrock of democracy: unleashing a lynch mob mentality against protesters, calling for the expulsion of Muslims from the country, bullying, and fear-mongering.”

“History has shown us what happens when people refuse to stand against hate-filled leaders,” statement continues. “We pledge ourselves to speak out in every way possible against the politics of hate and exclusion he represents.”

Other notable signatories on the campaign include Noam Chomsky, Connie Britton, Rosanna Arquette, Reza Aslan, Ani DiFranco, Danny Glover, and playwright Eve Ensler.

“We are offering Americans a chance to be heard and engage in action, as Trump’s campaign gains momentum even as he increases his hateful and divisive rhetoric,” Ensler said in a statement.

At the time of publication, the campaign had gathered 780 signatures.

The campaign website features a number of examples of what it calls Trump’s “hate,” including statements that are critical of former Secretary of State and Democrat presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. The group also included Trump’s vow to “blow up” and defeat the Islamic State terror group in its list of hateful comments the candidate has said.

Other celebrities have launched their own anti-Trump campaigns in recent months.

In December, veteran television producer Norman Lear announced that his organization People for the American Way would launch an initiative to combat what he called Trump’s “hate speech and anti-Muslim rhetoric.”

A month earlier, Oscar-winning director Alejandro Inarritu and actor Diego Luna joined other Hispanic cultural leaders in signing a letter similarly condemning Trump’s “hate speech,” which they claimed was causing “physical aggressions against Hispanics.”

The anti-Trump campaign was announced just days before the first-in-the-nation presidential caucus kicks off in Iowa on February 1.
Support the USO

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 04:25:38 pm »
I don't get it.
We hate Trump because he is inconsistent, wants to close the borders and wants to deport illegals, will destroy the nation and the party.... I think I have that right.
Ms. Fonda has been consistent for decades, if not centuries, and a agrees with all your other points about Trump...
Aren't we supposed to start compromising with the dems?

What's the problem?

Offline Paladin

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2016, 04:40:16 pm »
"Rosie O’Donnell" Wow, I'm surprised to see her name on the signer's list.

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2016, 04:43:16 pm »
Unlike the left, we believe in freedom of speech and letting the people decide.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2016, 04:44:01 pm »
"Prominent actors, writers and thinkers joined a "Stop Hate Dump Trump" campaign to denounce the billionaire Republican presidential frontrunner, saying he is a threat to the United States."

"THINKERS"????

Seriously? Not a single one of these clones has ever had an original thought in their whole lives,and if they did it would die of lonliness.

This could be the biggest endorsement Trump has received,and it didn't cost him a dime/
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2016, 04:51:02 pm »
I am shocked actually; I thought GI Jane would be all for Trump.

Me,too!. I figured they would be for Trump and against Hillary.

After all,Trump was a draft-dodger during the VN,and IIRC,got 3 deferments to keep him from being drafted.

On the other hand,according to Mrs Bubba,she went to the USMC recruiter right out of law school and tried to enlist. Sadly,she claims he talked her out of it by saying something like "you can make a larger contribution by entering politics",or some such lie. After all,the one thing we ALL know about USMC recruiters is there is nothing they love better than talking college graduates out of enlisting,right?

Mrs. Bubba also dodged sniper fire in Bosnia,practically making her a combat vet. Although to be fair,Trump claims all the time he spent in military school makes him feel like a veteran,too.

Anyhow,given her warmongering life,you would think Hanoi Jane and her commie pals would be going after Mrs Bubba,wouldn't you?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2016, 04:54:07 pm »
The Dump trump groups certainly are a disgusting group of parasites, miscreants, malcontents, dryed-up hippies, yippies and the like.  Not to mention  thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, bull dykes, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shiat-kickers, and Comunists.

You forgot the most obvious,"People who want to keep working in Hollywood,so they sign on to any damn fool thing that they think will help them network."

Being asked to join a Hollywood group like that and refusing is pretty much the same thing as committing economic suicide. Communists are NOT forgiving people,and this goes triple for rich and privileged ones.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2016, 04:55:34 pm »
Too bad.  It's bound to increase Trump's appeal.

Best damn endorsement he has ever received when it comes to attracting middle class voters,and it didn't cost him a dime.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2016, 05:02:23 pm »
I don't get it.
We hate Trump because he is inconsistent, wants to close the borders and wants to deport illegals, will destroy the nation and the party.... I think I have that right.

Maybe for some people,but not for me. I hate him because I believe he is a paid stalking horse whose job was to jump into the race to tell disgusted conservatives to support him because he is saying what they want to hear,and by doing so suck all the oxygen out of the process so an actual conservative that is serious can get no traction.

I may be wrong,but I still believe he will drop out when it's too late for anyone else to mount an effective campaign,and do so using the excuse that he was not willing to put all  his assets into a blind trust. He will then get all sorts of government contracts from his good friend Hillary,and spend the rest of his life bragging about how "I could have been the President of the US if I had wanted,but decided the job was beneath me."

That profile fits his ego in every respect. The one thing he can NOT stand is to take a chance on losing in public,and he is such a control freak there is no way in hell he is ever going to turn his assets over to a blind trust.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2016, 05:10:15 pm »
Maybe for some people,but not for me. I hate him because I believe he is a paid stalking horse whose job was to jump into the race to tell disgusted conservatives to support him because he is saying what they want to hear,and by doing so suck all the oxygen out of the process so an actual conservative that is serious can get no traction.

I may be wrong,but I still believe he will drop out when it's too late for anyone else to mount an effective campaign,and do so using the excuse that he was not willing to put all  his assets into a blind trust. He will then get all sorts of government contracts from his good friend Hillary,and spend the rest of his life bragging about how "I could have been the President of the US if I had wanted,but decided the job was beneath me."

That profile fits his ego in every respect. The one thing he can NOT stand is to take a chance on losing in public,and he is such a control freak there is no way in hell he is ever going to turn his assets over to a blind trust.

He has lost hundreds of millions of dollars because of his campaign due to cancelled contracts for his position and now jolly old england wants to ban him and he is going to loose his development project in scotland (or where ever it is).

If he was going to get out, he would not have put so much at risk.

As for being a shrill for hillery her supporters are the ones trying to "dump trump" so that argument is full of holes.

Conspiracy theories are fun and make for great print but usually have no merit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2016, 05:19:25 pm »
He has lost hundreds of millions of dollars because of his campaign due to cancelled contracts for his position and now jolly old england wants to ban him and he is going to loose his development project in scotland (or where ever it is).

If he was going to get out, he would not have put so much at risk.

As for being a shrill for hillery her supporters are the ones trying to "dump trump" so that argument is full of holes.

Conspiracy theories are fun and make for great print but usually have no merit.

It's ok with me if you want to think that.

The truth is he hasn't lost a dime yet. Those are POTENTIAL losses IF they are followed though. Meanwhile,he is still getting paid to campaign. Just look at what it's doing for his "trademark",the Trump name.

Of course we all know that Trump is too modest to try to profit from running for president,right?

Offline flowers

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2016, 06:07:13 pm »
That does it for me, any reservations I had about Trump are now gone.  13291 :cheerlead: :king: :broc:  LOL! :smokin:

Offline flowers

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2016, 06:08:58 pm »

:laugh:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 06:09:51 pm by flowers »

Offline flowers

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2016, 06:25:54 pm »
“We have seen him evidencing dangerous tendencies that threaten the bedrock of democracy: unleashing a lynch mob mentality against protesters,
  Gee that sounds exactly like Obama.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2016, 06:44:37 pm »
That does it for me, any reservations I had about Trump are now gone.  13291 :cheerlead: :king: :broc:  LOL! :smokin:

It does make it tempting,doesn't it?

Best damn endorsement Trump could ever hope to receive,and it didn't cost him a dime.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2016, 06:52:20 pm »
The only thing I want to know about Hanoi Jane is where they bury her! I would like to pay a visit and properly honor her!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien