Author Topic: Could Chris Rock drop out as Oscars host over increasing calls to boycott Academy Awards?  (Read 2422 times)

Offline Paladin

"Producers of the upcoming Academy Awards telecast may be caught between Chris Rock and a hard place.

The comic actor is facing pressure to bow out as host of the 88th annual Oscars — with less than six weeks to go before the Feb. 28 telecast — over the mounting calls for boycotting the awards in response to the lack of diversity among the Oscar nominees.

On Monday’s holiday celebrating Martin Luther King Jr., both Spike Lee and Jada Pinkett Smith announced they would not be attending the Academy Awards to protest a second straight year without a black actor receiving a single nomination.

[snip]

That is, at least, a possibility as the #OscarSoWhite movement picks up steam — with even Academy president Cheryl Boone Isaacs responding to the outcry Monday night with a lengthy statement pledging to address the scandal.

“Behind the scenes Chris is under extreme pressure to pull out. Many leaders in the black community think he would help progress be make if he quits his hosting job at the Oscars,” a source told NaughtyGossip.com."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/chris-rock-drop-oscars-host-article-1.2500532

Scandal? I thought the Oscars were based on artistic performance both in acting and in production. Silly me, they must be based on race after all.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 09:24:46 am by Paladin »
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Maybe they will create new categories for best black movie and best black actor...the Asians and Hispanics would get a raw deal then.  Squeaky wheel...
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline raml

Oh for petes sake the oscars have already lost a lot of their meaning but giving them out based on race is stupid. You either are good at your job or your not. You are either outstanding in a part or you don't deserve an award. I am so terribly sick of blacks trying to weasel more than they ever deserve or should have by whining and boycotting since they are a minority who the heck cares what they think anymore. Before Obama I was color blind I am not anymore and I have family members who are black and they even agree with me.

Online mountaineer

Before Obama I was color blind
Before 2008 race relations actually were improving in this country. It's hard to express or quantify just how much damage Obama has done.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

Before 2008 race relations actually were improving in this country. It's hard to express or quantify just how much damage Obama has done.  **nononono*
It will be worse by election time. Real bad.

Online mountaineer

Ricky Gervais ‏@rickygervais 29m29 minutes ago

I hope all the Chinese actors are boycotting the Oscars too.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Paladin

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Now I'll listen. At least to Chris Rock's monologue - the guy is wicked funny when he gets going.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"On Monday’s holiday celebrating Martin Luther King Jr., both Spike Lee and Jada Pinkett Smith announced they would not be attending the Academy Awards to protest a second straight year without a black actor receiving a single nomination."

The chance of either one of those "Hate Honkie Racists" actually EARNING an Oscar based on their talent ranks right up there with Mrs Bubba telling the truth.

Maybe we can get the professional Vic-Tum crowd to STFU if Bathhouse Barry passes a law requiring all blacks in the movie industry be given special "Affirmative Action Oscars" since they obviously think they can never legitimately earn one?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 01:54:56 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It will be worse by election time. Real bad.

Just wait until AFTER the elections and watch it really explode then. They have had to tone it down some with one of their homies in the Off-White House,but after he leaves it's going to get even crazier than it has ever been.

Hell,JJ and Al Sharpton have hardly turned a dollar in the last 8 years,and they are now rested and hungry for the cameras.

Offline Paladin

Not that it matters.

"Being the Free Black Thinker that I am, I did some digging on the Oscars winnings.
 In the last 20 years:
 15% of Best Leading Actors were black. [1]
 10% of Best Supporting Actors were black.[2]
 5% of Best Leading Actresses were black.[3]
 20% of Best Supporting actresses were black.[4]

When you count an average percentage (15+10+5+20) you get the sum of 50/4 = 12.5%. (Link to a few percentage calculators will be below for those of you that are bad with math)

According to the US Census Bureau Data 2014, blacks are around 13.2% of the current population. In 1990 it was 12.1%. In 2000 it was 12.3%. In 2010 it was 12.6%. [5][6][7]

Guess what this means!!! Blacks are actually almost perfectly represented at the Oscars! But wait, that cant be because Jada Pinkett Smith and Spike said othwrwise! But yall just go back to making us look stupid because you get all emotional without fact checking anything. Let the news and social media decide when you get upset, then try and make people believe you aren't dumb.

The big problem with most of you is that you cant make up your minds. You claim you don't need the approval of "white people" and then you beg and whine for acceptance and approval. If you have your pride, what does it matter who accepts you and who doesn't?"

https://www.facebook.com/ELL.ARR.EMM

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
"We demand to be treated as equal - so you'd better treat us special!"

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Not that it matters.

"Being the Free Black Thinker that I am, I did some digging on the Oscars winnings.
 In the last 20 years:
 15% of Best Leading Actors were black. [1]
 10% of Best Supporting Actors were black.[2]
 5% of Best Leading Actresses were black.[3]
 20% of Best Supporting actresses were black.[4]

When you count an average percentage (15+10+5+20) you get the sum of 50/4 = 12.5%. (Link to a few percentage calculators will be below for those of you that are bad with math)

According to the US Census Bureau Data 2014, blacks are around 13.2% of the current population. In 1990 it was 12.1%. In 2000 it was 12.3%. In 2010 it was 12.6%. [5][6][7]

Guess what this means!!! Blacks are actually almost perfectly represented at the Oscars! But wait, that cant be because Jada Pinkett Smith and Spike said othwrwise! But yall just go back to making us look stupid because you get all emotional without fact checking anything. Let the news and social media decide when you get upset, then try and make people believe you aren't dumb.

The big problem with most of you is that you cant make up your minds. You claim you don't need the approval of "white people" and then you beg and whine for acceptance and approval. If you have your pride, what does it matter who accepts you and who doesn't?"

https://www.facebook.com/ELL.ARR.EMM

Being a responsible teen or adult that isn't a criminal or some form of thug that works hard and supports themselves and their families without playing the victim card has to be one of the toughest personal challenges normal people face. People that don't know you will tend to judge you just by the color of your skin because the only blacks we see getting any public notice are the professional parasite and criminal class.

You have my sincere sympathy. One of the black guys I worked and was friends with maybe 15 years ago called me aside one day and looked embarrassed as he told me he would like to invite me to his home for dinner with him and his wife (who I also knew),but was afraid he or she would be attacked by his neighbors if they saw a white man visiting them. He then suggested we go to a steak house and he would pay.

I can't even imagine what it would be like to have to live like that.

Wingnut

This just in:

[attachment deleted by admin]