Author Topic: Trump tells security to take protesters' coats: 'Throw them out into the cold'  (Read 9417 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Not satire or out of context, video at link. Major ass move. Makes one long for the days of President Bush when confronted with protesters, his common response was saying "Isn't freedom great" (and not in a sarcastic way).

Republican front-runner Donald Trump directed security to kick out Bernie Sanders supporters from his Vermont rally and to confiscate their coats.

"Throw them out into the cold," Trump ordered security, as protesters shouted "Bernie! Bernie!" during his rally Thursday night in Burlington, Vt.

"Don't give them their coats," Trump added. "No coats! Confiscate their coats.".....

...."It's about 10 degrees below zero outside... You can keep his coat; tell him we'll send it to him in a couple of weeks," Trump told security.

"You know it's sort of fun. Isn't this more exciting?...

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/265172-trump-tells-security-to-confiscate-protesters-coats

Online mountaineer

I don't find stealing (even of leftists'coats) amusing, if that is what happened.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 05:10:25 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ABX

I don't find stealing (even of leftists'coats) amusing, if that is what happened.

Video at the link.   Maybe he'll just say it was eminent domain of coats.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Do you know where else they confiscated coats?  Auschwitz.

Offline ABX

I'll have to say that's a bit over the top. This is more like the 12 year old Jr. High bully taking coats from the nerds.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
You do know why this happened, don't you?  Bernie Sanders supporters were ordering up mass quantities of tickets with the aim of not showing up so that Trump would be at a poorly attended rally - in Bernie Sanders backyard.

When Trump heard of this - he gave out 20,000 free tickets - so that his supporters could get one and be able to attend.  This was a private event for his supporters that Trump paid for - they asked people at the door if they were Trump supporters - and the Sanders protesters that got inside lied to do it.  When they were found out - they were taken outside.  I don't blame Trump for keeping their coats.  More people should treat these Occutards like that.

Spoiled brats!

Ended up, he had another overflow crowd - in spite of the Bernie's people's efforts.

:silly: :silly: :silly:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline alicewonders

Not satire or out of context, video at link. Major ass move. Makes one long for the days of President Bush when confronted with protesters, his common response was saying "Isn't freedom great" (and not in a sarcastic way).

Republican front-runner Donald Trump directed security to kick out Bernie Sanders supporters from his Vermont rally and to confiscate their coats.

"Throw them out into the cold," Trump ordered security, as protesters shouted "Bernie! Bernie!" during his rally Thursday night in Burlington, Vt.

"Don't give them their coats," Trump added. "No coats! Confiscate their coats.".....

...."It's about 10 degrees below zero outside... You can keep his coat; tell him we'll send it to him in a couple of weeks," Trump told security.

"You know it's sort of fun. Isn't this more exciting?...

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/265172-trump-tells-security-to-confiscate-protesters-coats

Interesting the part of the article you conveniently left out with ellipses:

The Sanders supporters had planned to infiltrate the Trump rally but many were thwarted as Trump security screened attendees and ejected those who didn't declare allegiance to the billionaire.

But about half an hour into the speech some Sanders supporters began chanting.

And also:

Trump added. "You know, you go to a Hillary thing. It's like, boring. You go to a Jeb thing and you fall asleep.

"Are there any remnants?" Trump later asked, as another protester shouted out.

"There's a remnant," he said, pointing. "Throw him out."

Protester is making sure to put on his coat before being removed just to be safe
8:19 PM - 7 Jan 2016
  15 15 Retweets   17 17 likes

Ginger Gibson ✔ @GingerGibson
And there is a sixth group of protesters. One of them yelling "You racist piece of ****"
8:21 PM - 7 Jan 2016
  2 2 Retweets   11 11 likes

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I'll have to say that's a bit over the top. This is more like the 12 year old Jr. High bully taking coats from the nerds.
It's was meant to be over the top.  Trying to be funny.

It's really a stolen joke from the movie "Office Space" which I watched last week for the 37th time.  The line is something like "The Nazi's made people wear flair."

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Typical Trump bombast and headline fodder.

No one took anyone's coat. He only said that to make the press. And it worked.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline alicewonders

Trump sounds like he comments impulsively off the cuff - but I think his words are carefully crafted.  He is a master at manipulating the media.  Love him or hate him - you gotta admire that.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
"Tell them they can have their coats back after Mexico pays for the wall."

Offline Longiron

The ART of the Deal  :amen:

Offline ABX

Offline aligncare

You do know why this happened, don't you?  Bernie Sanders supporters were ordering up mass quantities of tickets with the aim of not showing up so that Trump would be at a poorly attended rally - in Bernie Sanders backyard.

When Trump heard of this - he gave out 20,000 free tickets - so that his supporters could get one and be able to attend.  This was a private event for his supporters that Trump paid for - they asked people at the door if they were Trump supporters - and the Sanders protesters that got inside lied to do it.  When they were found out - they were taken outside.  I don't blame Trump for keeping their coats.  More people should treat these Occutards like that.

Spoiled brats!

Ended up, he had another overflow crowd - in spite of the Bernie's people's efforts.

:silly: :silly: :silly:

I read where Sanders supporters were planning to disrupt a Trump rally, so when I saw the poster's criticism in the OP I knew this had to be yet another attemp to mischaracterize Donald Trump.

It's obvious Trump's campaign success is too deep and disorienting for some to accept.

Thanks for laying out the background context for what actually happened at the rally.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
It's obvious Trump's campaign success is too deep and disorienting for some to accept.

Damn right.  Those who don't "swear allegiance" to the bully can and will fight back.  Hard.  By any means necessary.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline aligncare

Political integrity--if such a thing exists--means supporting your candidate. It does not mean attempting to disrupt an opponent's event. You can try to squelch an idea or a popular movement; but in the end, the attempt to disrupt will fail.

I'm happy to support a candidate who a majority of Republican primary voters like and support.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Shame on you.

Damn right.  Those who don't "swear allegiance" to the bully can and will fight back.  Hard.  By any means necessary.

Who's the "bully"?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

This was on a TOS thread. Fits here.

When did the world change so that bullies were the heroes again?  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Longiron

OFFENSE and GUTS   :lotsosmileys:

A more appropriate question is:  When did the world change the definition of "bullies"?   :smokin:

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS

This was on a TOS thread. Fits here.

It happened as a result of the Republicans spending 28 years being afraid of their own shadow and apologizing for their own existence. At some point in time the 98 pound weakling getting sand kicked in his face was going to take the Charles Atlas program.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

In the spirit of full disclosure, this picture brings a big smile to my face.    :laugh:

Offline aligncare

To counter Jazz, I think the right thing to do is to support your guy with arguments that do not personally attack supporters of other candidates. 99% of my posts regarding Trump argue for him--not against other candidates, nor do I attack supporters--except sometimes Obama/Hillary supporters. Hey, I'm only human.

Offline flowers

"No coats, No justice"   :smokin: