Author Topic: Report: RNC Will Consider Obama Impeachment Proceedings  (Read 2614 times)

rangerrebew

Report: RNC Will Consider Obama Impeachment Proceedings
« on: January 06, 2016, 02:38:12 pm »

Report: RNC Will Consider Obama Impeachment Proceedings

Resolution consists of 48 criminal charges

Steve Watson | Infowars.com - January 5, 2016 681 Comments

Reports circling online are suggesting that the Republican National Committee is to consider a resolution drafted for the impeachment of President Barack Obama.
    The resolution, which seems to have been drafted by the North American Law Center, is to be weighed up at a January 13th meeting of the RNC, reports Brandon Hall of West Michigan Politics blog.
    The document is titled, “Articles of Impeachment of Barack Hussein Obama,” it begins, “Resolved, That Barack Hussein Obama, acting President of the United States, is impeached for high crimes and misdemeanors, and that the following articles of impeachment to be exhibited to the Senate.”
    NALC: Articles of Impeachment of Barack Hussein Obama
    “Please contact your RNC members and ask them to support Michigan’s RNC National Committeeman – Dave Agema’s resolution as currently submitted for discussion at their January 13 – 15, 2016 meetings,” a Facebook statement concerning the resolution reads.
    Article 2 of the resolution lists 19 examples of Obama’s “malfeasance, misconduct and abuse of the Oval Office,” including the IRS targeting of conservative organizations, and bypassing Congress with the use of executive action on key issues.

Article 3 of the resolution states that Obama has been “aiding and abetting known enemies of the United States,” citing the Muslim Brotherhood, ISIS, Al Qaeda, Hamas and the Taliban among others.
    Agema told The Daily Wire in an interview that he will introduce the resolution, which consists of 48 criminal charges in total.
    “It’s simply asking our House of Representatives…to abide by their oath of office and accomplish what they should do.” Agema states.
    “The way it works is one House of Representatives member puts in impeachment articles for the House and it starts the process,” Agema adds.
    “Recently, we didn’t own the House and the Senate, but Republicans do now, and the purpose of it really is we’re a nation of laws and separation of powers.” the Committeeman urges.
    He adds, “It lets the president, Obama, know that we’re not going to put up with his ability to go around the Constitution. Secondly, it warns any future president that he doesn’t have that right either, and it encourages the base to get involved.”
    While many on the right will champion the impeachment move, others will question its usefulness now Obama is in the final year of office.
    Last month, GOP frontrunner Donald Trump told Infowars’ Alex Jones that in his view impeachment wouldn’t be a good idea.
    “The best thing that we have going with Obama is that he’s got a year left,” Trump said during the interview
    “So don’t make him a martyr?” Jones asked.
    “In a way you’ll make him a martyr,” Trump responded.

http://www.infowars.com/report-rnc-w...t-proceedings/

rangerrebew

Re: Report: RNC Will Consider Obama Impeachment Proceedings
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 02:40:56 pm »
Given the source and lack of spine by the RNC, it seems unlikely something like this is true.  However, given the stupidity of such a move, it seems like the RNC could pull it off.  It seems the easiest way to fight Obama's agendas would be to pull the money from everything Obama wants to do and is something that could be done more easily than impeachment.  We'll have to wait and see.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 02:45:43 pm »
Given the source and lack of spine by the RNC, it seems unlikely something like this is true.  However, given the stupidity of such a move, it seems like the RNC could pull it off.  It seems the easiest way to fight Obama's agendas would be to pull the money from everything Obama wants to do and is something that could be done more easily than impeachment.  We'll have to wait and see.

Agree.

Seems like election year lip-service. Bubba bait for us yahoos.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 02:48:31 pm »
TOTAL BS!

The RNC can't impeach anyone even if it wanted to!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 03:50:10 pm »
Er, when did the RNC become: [a] The House of Representatives, that votes Articles of Impeachment, or the Senate, which tries the impeachment?

Sloppy research. Sloppy reporting. A symbol of our time.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 04:15:17 pm »
Er, when did the RNC become: [a] The House of Representatives, that votes Articles of Impeachment, or the Senate, which tries the impeachment?

Sloppy research. Sloppy reporting. A symbol of our time.

One word for you: Infowars.

They war on info, not war to free it.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 04:22:44 pm »
TOTAL BS!

Exactly.  :beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 05:53:42 pm »
How long will people buy this crap?  Pay extra for it even.

Grasping at straws is one thing, but drinking whole buckets of fecal matter takes it to the realm of the impossible.

============================================

GOP Congressman: House would impeach Obama tomorrow, but mean Senate won’t let them

Death and Taxes Magazine
By Robyn Pennacchia

If we were to impeach the president tomorrow, you could probably get the votes in the House of Representatives to do it. But it would go to the Senate and he wouldn’t be convicted. [...] We saw what happened when President Clinton was impeached. I say this half in jest and half seriously because it’s easy to laugh at President Clinton, but as a result of impeaching President Clinton, we’ve redefined what sex is to a lot of our young people and we’ve said it’s okay to lie to Congress. I think that’s been woven into the thread of our society. That failed impeachment attempt actually damaged the country.

t’s just not fair you guys. Texas Congressman Blake Ferenthold like really, really, really wants to impeach President Obama, for, you know, “reasons.” He even has his impeachment outfit all ready to go!

However, there are some obstacles in his way. Like the fact that it would have to go through the Senate, and the Senate is made up of jerk DemoRATS who will not go through with this plan. Plus, like, the last time they tried to impeach a President, people found out that oral sex existed for the first time in all of history, and only bad things have happened since. He explained all of this to a rapt crowd of nearly 8 devoted constituents this past Saturday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF34cshVx_Q

ARENTHOLD: Here’s the issue. You tie into a question I get a lot. If everybody’s so unhappy with what the president’s done, why don’t you impeach him? I’ll give you a real frank answer about that. If we were to impeach the president tomorrow, you could probably get the votes in the House of Representatives to do it. But it would go to the Senate and he wouldn’t be convicted. [...] We saw what happened when President Clinton was impeached. I say this half in jest and half seriously because it’s easy to laugh at President Clinton, but as a result of impeaching President Clinton, we’ve redefined what sex is to a lot of our young people and we’ve said it’s okay to lie to Congress. I think that’s been woven into the thread of our society. That failed impeachment attempt actually damaged the country. What message do we send to America if we impeach Obama and he gets away with what he’s impeached for, is found innocent? What do we say then is okay?

Farenthold neglected to mention either what the impeachable offense would be– although the last major thing I can find that he was up in arms about was over the fact that our president suggested that immigrants over the age of 12 might not have a ton of say in whether or not they were brought over here by their parents, because they totally could have just stayed in Mexico and hung out by themselves with no home or family anything. You know, like ya do.

It could also be a number of other rando things, like the birth certificate thing, or the “stronger gun control laws” that he’s never actually supported? I don’t know. Can you impeach a president for being black? Is that a thing? Maybe.

Think Progress noted that it might actually be tougher than Farenthold thinks to get the whole entire House to impeach Obama. Without any Democratic votes, it would require 93% of the House Republicans to vote yay.

Personally, I kind of think it’s possible. I mean, I am trying real hard to think of one semi-non-batshit House Republican, and I am having a bit of a hard time. I think the House ran out of Rockefeller Republicans a while ago, if I am not mistaken. You know, like the ones who wanted stuff that mostly benefited rich white people but weren’t like, legit insane? Pretty sure all of the ones in the House are of the frothy “The earth is 6,000 years old, let’s set all the gays on fire while wearing powdered wigs!” variety these days.

He also neglected to mention the amount of dead prepubescent bodies he may or may not have buried under the floorboards in his basement. Not to be, you know, looksist, but I watch a lot of ID Channel, and there is no way you’re going to tell me that that is not the face of a man with dead bodies buried underneath the floorboards in his basement and a freezer full of human spleens.

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/203631/gop-congressman-house-would-impeach-obama-tomorrow-but-mean-senate-wont-let-them/

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2016, 05:54:39 pm »
TOTAL BS!

=========================================

Please see #7.

You are 100% correct, BTW.

Offline flowers

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 05:57:11 pm »
Once again I post one of my fave gifs.........

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 05:57:50 pm »
=========================================

Please see #7.

You are 100% correct, BTW.

If we were to impeach the president tomorrow, you could probably get the votes in the House of Representatives to do it. But it would go to the Senate and he wouldn’t be convicted.

I DON"T CARE Mr. Congressman! Do YOUR job!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2016, 06:07:19 pm »
I DON"T CARE Mr. Congressman! Do YOUR job!

===========================================

(One again) the GOPe is now the majority in both the HOUSE and SENATE.

The HAVE the majority.  They will probably lose it again.

They will huff and puff and tear their clothes on national news and waves of letter writing back to their constituents (written by progressive college student interns, mostly) and finally in the end - DO NOTHING.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2016, 06:10:54 pm »

(One again) the GOPe is now the majority in both the HOUSE and SENATE.

The HAVE the majority.  They will probably lose it again.

They will huff and puff and tear their clothes on national news and waves of letter writing back to their constituents (written by progressive college student interns, mostly) and finally in the end - DO NOTHING.

That has certainly been the pattern lately!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2016, 06:38:36 pm »
RNC Will Raise Yet More Money by Promising To Stop Obama While Actually Having No Intention of Doing So.

I hate misleading headlines.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2016, 07:02:16 pm »
RNC Will Raise Yet More Money by Promising To Stop Obama While Actually Having No Intention of Doing So.

I hate misleading headlines.

====================================================

It makes news.  Gullible news. 

We are way past the 'desperation stage' where mostly good, decent, moral, upright, and law-abiding people will grasp at anything - any sign of hope the corruption will end.

You know the rest.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2016, 07:14:20 pm »
This is the silliest thing I've read in a long while.

House and Senate Republicans should have stood firm on the recent budget and forced Obama's hand to veto and "shut down" the government.

The pols have obviously been persuaded by the Party elitists that a shutdown would be suicidal to their prospects in 2016.   Only if they completely mismanaged the "crisis" from a P/R standpoint.   Which they likely would have. 

If Obama wanted to veto the package or Democrat Senators wanted to filibuster the Omnibus bill because of pulled Planned Parenthood or Refugee resettlement funding -  let them.   

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2016, 08:05:37 pm »
This is the silliest thing I've read in a long while.

House and Senate Republicans should have stood firm on the recent budget and forced Obama's hand to veto and "shut down" the government.

The pols have obviously been persuaded by the Party elitists that a shutdown would be suicidal to their prospects in 2016.   Only if they completely mismanaged the "crisis" from a P/R standpoint.   Which they likely would have. 

If Obama wanted to veto the package or Democrat Senators wanted to filibuster the Omnibus bill because of pulled Planned Parenthood or Refugee resettlement funding -  let them.

:amen:  :patriot:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2016, 08:18:45 pm »
:amen:  :patriot:

Happy New Year Bigun!    :beer:

One of the great revisionist fallacies of the 90s was that the Clinton-induced, DNC/media-demogauged  "Governement Shutdown" of 1995-6 destroyed the Republican Party's electoral popularity the following election.   In fact, the Pubbies retained their House majority (losing only 3 seats from 230 to 227) and actually gained two seats in the Senate (increasing their majority from 53-47 to 55-45). 

There was NO blowback to the Pubbies whatsoever.   (Bob Dole was never going to beat Clinton anyway with Ross Perot meddling in there again and he actually garnered more votes than George H.W. Bush did in 92).

This fear by Party elites of media misrepresentation is pathological and defunding Obama's agenda was the best method they had in his last two years to send a message to the voters of a.) Obama regime abuse and b.) Conservative GOP priorities and common sense, pro growth and freedom policies.

And, they punted.  So maddening.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 08:20:58 pm by ArneFufkin »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2016, 08:32:11 pm »
Happy New Year Bigun!    :beer:

One of the great revisionist fallacies of the 90s was that the Clinton-induced, DNC/media-demogauged  "Governement Shutdown" of 1995-6 destroyed the Republican Party's electoral popularity the following election.   In fact, the Pubbies retained their House majority (losing only 3 seats from 230 to 227) and actually gained two seats in the Senate (increasing their majority from 53-47 to 55-45). 

There was NO blowback to the Pubbies whatsoever.   (Bob Dole was never going to beat Clinton anyway with Ross Perot meddling in there again and he actually garnered more votes than George H.W. Bush did in 92).

This fear by Party elites of media misrepresentation is pathological and defunding Obama's agenda was the best method they had in his last two years to send a message to the voters of a.) Obama regime abuse and b.) Conservative GOP priorities and common sense, pro growth and freedom policies.

And, they punted.  So maddening.

Happy New Year to you Arne!  You are absolutely right about what has gotten the Republicans in trouble! It is their refusal to fight Obama and not the other way around!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2016, 08:53:24 pm »

===============================================

How many times have Republicans bought this with hook, line, and sinker?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2016, 07:14:41 am »

You, correctly, discount the ridiculous source of the article you posted, and then admonish the RNC for not having the will to follow infowars lead, but being stupid enough to follow infowars lead.  I can't even.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2016, 09:41:19 am »
You, correctly, discount the ridiculous source of the article you posted, and then admonish the RNC for not having the will to follow infowars lead, but being stupid enough to follow infowars lead.  I can't even.

The whole thing is a joke from ANY source.  The GOP will never impeach Barack Obama under any circumstances.  Plus, Obama is juuussst slick enough not to openly commit a felony warranting impeachment.  He is good at that.  And the Republican leadership currently isn't.