Author Topic: Obama claims ‘legal authority’ for exec action on guns, despite Hill backlash  (Read 4855 times)

Offline GourmetDan

The problem is congress is gutless.

They aren't gutless... it is deliberate...

Why else does Ted Cruz get vilified for calling a spade a spade...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/264785-obama-cries-during-gun-remarks

President Obama wept on Tuesday as he reflected on the children killed during the 2012 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

Announcing new executive actions on guns in the East Room, the president paused and wiped away tears when he spoke about first graders who were shot and killed at the Connecticut school.

“Our right to peaceful assembly, that right was robbed of moviegoers in Aurora … and from first graders in Newtown. First graders,” Obama said.

“Every time I think about those kids, it gets me mad,” he added. “And by the way, it happens on the streets of Chicago every day.”

Obama delivered a dramatic performance in rolling out unilateral measures to curb gun violence, which he has called the most frustrating issue of his presidency.

Dozens of gun-control activists and families of gun victims attended the White House event, serving as a reminder of the mass shootings that have cast a cloud over Obama's time in office.

"Too many," Obama said of the shootings.

Former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.), who survived a gunshot wound to the head during a 2011 shooting in Tucson, was in the audience. The president was introduced by Mark Barden, managing director of Sandy Hook Promise, who lost his son in the Newtown shooting.

watch at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
And now we know why Iran loves him so much...he's got Boehner-ism.  The Ayatollahs must be rolling on the floor, then getting up and high-fiving.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 05:42:30 pm by Scottftlc »
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline libertybele

America is crying every time Hussein opens his mouth with his lies and deception.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

America is crying every time Hussein opens his mouth with his lies and deception.

2016 will be the longest year of my life.

I should be happy, but you'all know why I'm not--it's HIM. He screwed me on Obamacare, and now he wants my guns.

01.20.2017. The champagne is cooling in the fridge.

Offline alicewonders

Crocodile tears.

www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/104800.html

Meaning. To weep crocodile tears is to put on an insincere show of sorrow. Origin. The allusion is to the ancient notion that crocodiles weep while devouring their prey.

Offline flowers

I called it yesterday that he would cry. I see I got Gabby correct as well.   ***cool cat***

Offline flowers

2016 will be the longest year of my life.
:word:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I wonder if he cries daily over Chicago, Detroit and Baltimore?  Or, Trenton?

Maybe their lives don't matter?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 06:41:21 pm by Sanguine »

Offline flowers

I guess valjar took away his stash today so he could get that look? We also know what he was doing during his Hawaiian vacay. Practicing this look in the mirror over and over until he got it right.

Offline flowers

I wonder if he cries daily over Chicago, Detroit and Baltimore?  Or, Trenton?

Maybe their lives don't matter?
I am positive he cries daily. I really am. He is laughing so hard he cries.

Offline Charlespg

FUBO  :bsflag:
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline alicewonders

I guess valjar took away his stash today so he could get that look? We also know what he was doing during his Hawaiian vacay. Practicing this look in the mirror over and over until he got it right.

Who wipes tears this way?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/429236/obama-focuses-his-energies-where-it-easiest

By Jim Geraghty — January 5, 2016

From the Tuesday edition of the Morning Jolt:

Obama Touts His Gun Control Regulations, Because It’s the Easiest Option

The president’s going to spend this week discussing gun control. Because it’s what he loves to do, apparently.

On Monday he met with Attorney General Loretta Lynch, FBI Director James Comey and the head of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. He holds a White House ceremony to announce the measures on Tuesday. And on Thursday, Obama partners with CNN for an hour-long town hall to discuss gun violence in primetime.

Never mind that he couldn’t get a Democrat-controlled Congress to pass any of these proposals. Never mind that none of the mass shooters got their firearms from a gun show or the kind of casual seller that these regulations target.

Just as the drunk looks for his lost keys under the streetlight because that’s where the light is, Obama focuses his energies where it is easiest.

Never mind that the Sunni-Shia world war is kicking into a higher gear.

Never mind that ISIS is advancing in Libya. The Syrian regime continues to use chemical weapons from a program that President Obama said had been eliminated:

The Executive Council of the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) on 23 November 2015 expressed “grave concern” that chemical weapons (CW) had once again been used in Syria after its fact-finding mission (FFM) confirmed “with the utmost confidence” that sulphur mustard had been deployed in an attack on the rebel-held town of Marea on 21 August. Although the OPCW did not publicly identify the perpetrators of the Marea attack, the report added to the growing evidence about the Islamic State’s CW interest.

For those keeping score at home, we now have allegations of use of sarin, sulphur mustard, chlorine gas and possibly “Agent 15,” also known as BZ or  3-quinuclidinyl benzilate. There are allegations of chemical weapons use on about 60 separate occasions.

Never mind that the Chinese markets are crashing, suggesting the world economy is slowing which will eventually mean an economic slowdown here. Economists are suddenly slashing their predictions for growth in the economy.

“Plenty” of people who thought Obamacare would fix everything are finding the premiums and deductibles so expensive, paying the penalty looks like a better option.

But fighting ISIS, stabilizing the Middle East, building a prosperous economy, undoing the damage of Obamacare – all of that stuff’s hard. Obama would much prefer taking a victory lap over his decision to “tweak a few minor rules around the edges” – our Charles C.W. Cooke’s assessment – than to actually address any of these serious, worsening problems.

The Kenyan is going to ask Congress for more money to fund this EO.  The GOP will refuse.  So Obama gets to pretend he's doing something about guns and gets to bludgeon the GOP with inaction.

Offline flowers

Wow......just wow. What the heck did he do to prepare to be like that? Geez.  Honestly.....just wow.

Offline flowers

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/429236/obama-focuses-his-energies-where-it-easiest

The GOP will refuse.
  This GOP is going to refuse???  Bet ya a nickle they don't. What has the GOPe ever refused their like minded leader?   :smokin:

Offline alicewonders

Wow......just wow. What the heck did he do to prepare to be like that? Geez.  Honestly.....just wow.

Like you said, maybe they withheld his stash.  Maybe they had someone behind him stick a pin in his butt at the right time. 

Offline Charlespg

A lier  and manipulator

Offline Charlespg

{Tried to post this on the DM)

I am dammed tired of hearing about Sandy Hook and snotty elitists and idiots in the white house saying that gun owners are to blame for the massacre ...

These people and others like them  are the  ones who pushed for and got  a Supreme court ruling that dangerous lunatics cant be committed or forced to under go treatment  because it violates their civil rights...I can remember a time when it did not take all but a act of congress to put people like Adam Lanza in the madhouse.....I refuse to accept  the blame for Sandy Hook WHEN  it is  liberals and the consequences of their fool social engineering  that people like Lanza or the shooter in Aurora Colorado cant be committed until its to late

Offline alicewonders

{Tried to post this on the DM)

I am dammed tired of hearing about Sandy Hook and snotty elitists and idiots in the white house saying that gun owners are to blame for the massacre ...

These people and others like them  are the  ones who pushed for and got  a Supreme court ruling that dangerous lunatics cant be committed or forced to under go treatment  because it violates their civil rights...I can remember a time when it did not take all but a act of congress to put people like Adam Lanza in the madhouse.....I refuse to accept  the blame for Sandy Hook WHEN  it is  liberals and the consequences of their fool social engineering  that people like Lanza or the shooter in Aurora Colorado cant be committed until its to late

:hands:

Offline flowers

Like you said, maybe they withheld his stash.  Maybe they had someone behind him stick a pin in his butt at the right time.
He is a narcissists.....they have no feelings.  Maybe they have developed a drug that makes eyes water for a while? I bet that is what it is?  Oh my just think what his final State of the Union is going to be like?

Offline alicewonders

He is a narcissists.....they have no feelings.  Maybe they have developed a drug that makes eyes water for a while? I bet that is what it is?  Oh my just think what his final State of the Union is going to be like?

I don't think I'll be able to watch that.  At my age, my constitution isn't what it used to be.

Offline flowers

I don't think I'll be able to watch that.  At my age, my constitution isn't what it used to be.
No way I am going anywhere near it.

Offline katzenjammer

Can't say that I've watched a one...  most I can bear is to look on Twitter to see what is being said about it!   :thud: