Author Topic: Medal of Honor Recipient (Dakota Meyer) Just Blew Trump’s Campaign Wide Open  (Read 9391 times)

Offline Carling

First the article is over two years old (Dec. 2013).

Second it does NOT say in the article that the US is blocking visas.

Thirdly your source is the 700Club religious enterprises, which may be biased to bend the story.

A woman that worked in my office is Syrian-Christian. She lived in England and then here for her entire adult life but her parents remained in Syria.

Her father died (from old age) when violence was ramping up, so she traveled to Syria and brought her mother back here.

You ask for proof.  You're given proof. You discredit the proof and instead offer a personal anecdote about a Syrian Christian being allowed into the U.S. that was further in the past than the article that was posted.  Well done.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I don't have the numbers right at hand right now, but the percentage of Christians coming from Syria is miniscule.  Hussein IS blocking Christian entry.
Show me the source. When I asked the other member to produce support for their contention, it fell short.

I read through the article twice, which Famous cited, and it did NOT prove the point made.

If it is true, show proof. That is all I ask.

I do not claim to be an expert in Syria. I do know that Christians in Syria have been a category which were historically protected by Assad. So maybe they think he will prevail, and they will be safe--hence no need to leave. I am merely suggesting a logical idea.

I have read the statistics which show the "refugees" from the Mideast are young men, often lying about their origins. I get that. That is a separate topic.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline famousdayandyear

No Room At the Inn:  Why Few Syrian Refugees Come to US
(National Catholic Register--December 2015)

http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/no-room-at-the-inn-why-few-syrian-christian-refugees-come-to-us/

Offline truth_seeker

You ask for proof.  You're given proof. You discredit the proof and instead offer a personal anecdote about a Syrian Christian being allowed into the U.S. that was further in the past than the article that was posted.  Well done.

That was not sufficient proof, of the claim made.

Happy New Year.

Offline truth_seeker

No Room At the Inn:  Why Few Syrian Refugees Come to US
(National Catholic Register--December 2015)

http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/no-room-at-the-inn-why-few-syrian-christian-refugees-come-to-us/
Your article again, does NOT support your contention, that the US State Dept. upon Obama's administration direction, has blocked Christians.

I am sympathetic to the plight of Mideast Christians.

Offline Carling

Your article again, does NOT support your contention, that the US State Dept. upon Obama's administration direction, has blocked Christians.

I am sympathetic to the plight of Mideast Christians.

If you want to continue to try and defend the laughably small percentage of Syrian Christians being accepted into the US compared to the number of Muslims under the Obama State department by playing a semantics game, by all means continue to do so.  Why are we accepting so few Christians yet opening our country to every potential jihadist possible?  Is it a coincidence?  Why did it take Obama until Christmas to even recognize the plight of Christians under ISIS rule?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 06:28:13 pm by Carling »

Offline truth_seeker

If you want to continue to try and defend the laughably small percentage of Syrian Christians being accepted into the US compared to the number of Muslims under the Obama State department by playing a semantics game, by all means continue to do so.  Why are we accepting so few Christians yet opening our country to every potential jihadist possible?  Is it a coincidence?  Why did it take Obama until Christmas to even recognize the plight of Christians under ISIS rule?
Separate subjects.

Original claim was State Dept. blocked Christians, but two cited articles do not show that (or even mention it).

Small number of Christians does not prove the /State Dept.  blocked them.

HAPPY2BME

=================================================

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5vzCmURh7o

Offline Carling

« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 10:10:04 pm by Carling »

Offline truth_seeker

Offline Carling

Find and post the specific proof (article), that the State Department blocked Christians.

Semantics Guy gotta semantic.  :beer:

I didn't make that specific claim, but acting like the State Department is without blame for this obvious disparity is kind of silly, isn't it?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 10:27:39 pm by Carling »

Offline truth_seeker

Semantics Guy gotta semantic.  :beer:

I didn't make that specific claim, but acting like the State Department is without blame for this obvious disparity is kind of silly, isn't it?
The initial claim was that the State Dept. blocked Christians. I said please cite evidence. None as yet has come forth.

I am not acting like anything, merely restating the original question which is provide the citation, the proof. Like I said to begin on the first article, I read it over and over and found NO PROOF of the claim.

So you are free to read through your google list of articles and find one which actually substantiates the initial claim. Then post the article or excepts here.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Find and post the specific proof (article), that the State Department blocked Christians.

Dr. Michael Savage discussed this at length the other day.

Because it's rebel insurgents doing the killing and not the government's forces, they don't qualify for refugee status.

It's the reasoning they're citing, for locking out Christians.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Carling

The initial claim was that the State Dept. blocked Christians. I said please cite evidence. None as yet has come forth.

I am not acting like anything, merely restating the original question which is provide the citation, the proof. Like I said to begin on the first article, I read it over and over and found NO PROOF of the claim.

So you are free to read through your google list of articles and find one which actually substantiates the initial claim. Then post the article or excepts here.

It's like you didn't even read a word I wrote.   :silly:

Offline famousdayandyear

Appears this is the thread where reason and imagination journey to die.

Has the State Dept blocked Hillary's emails?
Did the State Dept deny security at Benghazi?
Has the State Dept cooked up a "deal" with the Iranian mullahs?

As a practicing Catholic, I have watched as the US turned its back on Catholics, Copts, and other Eastern Orthodox Christian sects for years--beginning with the Obama regime.  You want proof?  Go there and see for yourself.

Offline musiclady

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but the Nazarene project (Glenn Beck) has rescued hundreds of Christians and taken them to European countries.

They said that the US would NOT take any of them, to our shame.  I'm guessing that there is some specific information on MercuryOne or the Blaze that gives details as to why and how Christians are being denied entry into the US.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Some relevant info:

WHERE ARE THE RESCUED REFUGEES GOING TO END UP? We hope to be able to bring many of them to the United States. However, the United States remains closed to Christian refugees. Meanwhile, a number of European and South American countries have agreed to provide a limited number of VISAS to those we help evacuate.

HOW DO WE PRESSURE THE U.S. TO BECOME A RECEIVING COUNTRY? Presently, the United States is not a receiving country. If you would like to help us put pressure on the U.S. Government to take in Middle Eastern Christians, then please fill how the form entitled “Are you ready to house a family from the Middle East?” here. What are some other ways? Write your Congressperson; Raise your voice as an advocate through social media; Get your pastor, rabbi or priest on board; Provide financial support.

Source: http://www.glennbeck.com/2015/09/09/the-nazarene-fund-frequently-asked-questions/?utm_source=glennbeck&utm_medium=contentcopy_link
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 11:45:38 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline libertybele

Based on past actions by Hussein; namely anti-Israeli sentiment, failed policies in the Middle East, Benghazi, allowing ISIS to expand, his 'deal' with Iran and his ties to the Muslim Brotherhood, I have little doubt that he is denying Christians entrance into the U.S. and welcoming jihadists. Looks like D'Souza was correct; "he exposed for the world to see that Obama wanted to create a Muslim Jihadist caliphate across North Africa and the Middle East".  I think it is rather obvious that the last thing Hussein wants is to allow more Christians into this country.  That would defeat his purpose.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/3/inside-the-ring-muslim-brotherhood-has-obamas-secr/?page=all

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-33997408

http://www.westernjournalism.com/obama-caliphate/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.