Author Topic: KKK Leader Finds Donald Trump a Great Recruiting Tool  (Read 3002 times)

rangerrebew

KKK Leader Finds Donald Trump a Great Recruiting Tool
« on: December 22, 2015, 03:00:22 pm »
December 22, 2015
Media finding new ways to link Trump to the Klan and racism
By Ed Straker

The media don't coordinate, do they?  Because on the same day I see an article linking Donald Trump to the Klan in the WaPo, I see an article in the Times wondering how in the world black celebrities can possibly like him.

Rachel Pendergraft – the national organizer for the Knights Party, a standard-bearer for the Ku Klux Klan – told The Washington Post that the KKK, for one, has a new conversation starter at its disposal.

You might call it a "Trump card."

It involves, say, walking into a coffee shop or sitting on a train while carrying a newspaper with a Donald Trump headline. The Republican presidential candidate, Pendergraft told The Post, has become a great outreach tool, providing separatists with an easy way to start a conversation about issues that are important to the dying white supremacist movement.

In addition to opening "a door to conversation," she said, Trump's surging candidacy has done something else: It has electrified some members of the movement.

For large numbers of Americans, Trump's blunt rhetoric surrounding immigration, minority groups and crime may sound like finely tuned retrograde vitriol. But for Pendergraft and a growing number of white nationalists flocking to the campaign's circus-like tent, the billionaire sounds familiar, like a man fluent in the native tongue of disaffected whites.

What makes Trump "popular" with the Ku Klux Klan?  He talks about immigration, minority groups, and crime.  I didn't know that talking about crime made one a member of the Klan.  It is true that Trump has been widely reported as saying that Mexican immigrants are rapists, but the only problem is that he never said that.  He was talking about some illegal aliens from Mexico.  Newspapers tended to lose the distinction.  But if one Klansman can be quoted as saying that talking about Trump is "helpful," poof, instant article.

Meanwhile, the Times is trying to figure out how black celebrities can possibly like Donald Trump.

While [some] have denounced Mr. Trump, others are sticking by him, saying that they were drawn to him in part because of his unvarnished personality – and his loyalty – and that they would not abandon him now.

"Hey, that's my man. That's who he is," said Don King, the boxing promoter, discussing what he called Mr. Trump's "outlandish" remarks. "To me, Donald is Donald. That's not a presidential endorsement, but it is a humanistic endorsement."

Mr. Tyson, who is Muslim, recently defended Mr. Trump, telling the website TMZ, "Hey, listen, anybody that was ever president of the United States offended some group of people."

Herschel Walker, a football great who played for the New Jersey Generals when Mr. Trump bought the team in the 1980s and who considers him a friend, said some of the candidate's recent statements were being taken too literally.

"I don't think Donald is against Muslims, or blacks, or Hispanics," Mr. Walker said. "I do know he is going to try to make this country safe."

You know, I never see articles describing how Obama, with his charge that racism is in our nation's "DNA," is emboldening the racist #BlackLivesMatter group, or black student radicals who are oppressing universities, or black protesters who attack the police who are the only thing who protect them from killers, most of whom are black.

I never see articles asking how Jews can possibly be friendly toward Obama, given his overtly hostile attitude toward Israel and his friendship with anti-Semites like CAIR and Reverend Wright.

But Donald Trump is being given this treatment because he is the Republican frontrunner.  There are a number of reasons to be troubled by Donald Trump, but this isn't one of them.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/12/media_finding_new_ways_to_link_trump_to_the_klan_and_racism.html#ixzz3v3u5YioU
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: KKK Leader Finds Donald Trump a Great Recruiting Tool
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 02:43:39 am »
http://time.com/4156821/donald-trump-kkk/

Donald Trump is inspiring white supremacists, according to a national organizer of a leading Ku Klux Klan group — and his candid rhetoric is being used to recruit more of them.

The KKK is using the Republican presidential frontrunner as an outreach tool, Rachel Pendergraft, the national membership coordinator for the Knights Party, told The Washington Post. Trump’s candidacy, which has been characterized by often divisive nativist rhetoric, has “electrified” some members, the newspaper reported Monday.

“They like the overall momentum of his rallies and his campaign,” Pendergraft said. “They like that he’s not willing to back down. He says what he believes and he stands on that.”

The KKK organizer said the group uses the headlines Trump makes to start conversations with separatists about issues that are important to the white supremacist movement. “One of the things that our organization really stresses with our membership is we want them to educate themselves on issues, but we also want them to be able to learn how to open up a conversation with other people,” Pendergraft said.

Everyone is using Trump as a recruiting tool.  Waiting for a statement from NAMBLA, Westboro Baptist Church, PETA, the Black Panthers, and AT&T.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 02:44:57 am by Once-Ler »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 02:51:00 am »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 02:53:44 am »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 02:54:25 am »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 02:56:36 am »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 03:00:28 am »

I'm seeing a number of these phony "Skinheads for Trump" sites and posters cropping up everywhere to declare their racist nature, and by the way, Sieg Heil! they're for Trump.

Campaigning in politics is rife with subterfuge and, as Nixon put it, dirty tricks.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 03:06:40 am »
"Communist Party Endorses Obama For 2012"

"Communist Party Endorses Obama | Race 4 2016"

Somehow I don't recall many getting their panties in a wad over this.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline sinkspur

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 03:21:14 am »
Trump's father was arrested at a KKK rally:

http://www.dailynewsbin.com/news/donald-trump-says-his-fathers-arrest-at-a-kkk-rally-doesnt-count-because-he-wasnt-charged/22526/

I didn't know that Trump Sr was running for prez...

..are will all responsible for the sins of our fathers?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2015, 03:24:04 am »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/12/21/how-donald-trump-is-breathing-life-into-americas-dying-white-supremacist-movement/

How America’s dying white supremacist movement is seizing on Donald Trump’s appeal

By Peter Holley and Sarah Larimer

December 21   

Making friends is no easy task for modern white nationalists.

In an era of gay marriage and a black president, more than a half-century after the Civil Rights Act of 1964 became law, separatists can’t exactly swan dive into conversations with strangers about the white-power cause.

But Rachel Pendergraft — the national organizer for the Knights Party, a standard-bearer for the Ku Klux Klan — told The Washington Post that the KKK, for one, has a new conversation starter at its disposal.

You might call it a “Trump card.”

It involves, say, walking into a coffee shop or sitting on a train while carrying a newspaper with a Donald Trump headline. The Republican presidential candidate, Pendergraft told The Post, has become a great outreach tool, providing separatists with an easy way to start a conversation about issues that are important to the dying white supremacist movement.

“One of the things that our organization really stresses with our membership is we want them to educate themselves on issues, but we also want them to be able to learn how to open up a conversation with other people,” Pendergraft said.

Using Trump as a conversation piece has been discussed on a private, members-only website and in “e-news, stuff that goes out to members.”

In addition to opening “a door to conversation,” she said, Trump’s surging candidacy has done something else: It has electrified some members of the movement.

“They like the overall momentum of his rallies and his campaign,” Pendergraft said. “They like that he’s not willing to back down. He says what he believes and he stands on that.”

For large numbers of Americans, Trump’s blunt rhetoric surrounding immigration, minority groups and crime may sound like finely tuned retrograde vitriol. But for Pendergraft and a growing number of white nationalists flocking to the campaign’s circus-like tent, the billionaire sounds familiar, like a man fluent in the native tongue of disaffected whites.

It’s a language people such as Pendergraft never thought they’d hear a mainstream politician in either party use in public.

Republican presidential contender Donald Trump said on Dec. 7 that he was in favor of a '"total and complete" shutdown of Muslims entering the United States. (C-SPAN)
And they’re desperately hoping Trump’s rise from reality-show figure to Republican front-runner may be the beginning of something that transcends the campaign trail.

The same rhetoric that frightens critics (“Trump has really lifted the lid off a Pandora’s box of real hatred and directed it at Muslims,” said the Southern Poverty Law Center’s Mark Potok) draws praise from supporters such as former Louisiana politician and KKK Grand Wizard David Duke.

Duke told The Post that while he has not officially endorsed Trump, he considers the candidate to be the “best of the lot” at the moment.

“I think a lot of what he says resonates with me,” Duke said.

Trump’s campaign did not respond to multiple requests from The Post seeking comment about the candidate’s support among white supremacists.

But he previously brushed off Duke’s support, telling Bloomberg News: “I don’t need his endorsement; I certainly wouldn’t want his endorsement. I don’t need anyone’s endorsement.” When Bloomberg’s Mark Halperin and John Heilemann asked whether he would repudiate Duke’s support, Trump replied: “Sure, I would if that would make you feel better.”

Trump does not endorse white supremacist groups, and his campaign has fired two staffers for posting racially offensive material on social media. The candidate recently shocked some conservatives by criticizing Justice Antonin Scalia after Scalia argued that black students would perform better in “slower-track” universities.

“I thought it was very tough to the African American community, actually,” Trump told CNN’s Jake Tapper.

For years, Trump has bragged about having a “great relationship with the blacks.” Last month, he held private meetings with dozens of African American evangelical pastors at Trump Tower in Manhattan and later told reporters he saw “love in that room.”

But the meeting was subsequently criticized by more than 100 black ministers, theologians and religious activists, who penned a letter questioning why their colleagues would agree to sit down with a candidate who “routinely uses overtly divisive and racist language on the campaign trail.”

In September, the leader of Trump’s personal security team punched an immigration demonstrator in the head after grabbing a sign reading, “Trump: Make America Racist Again.” In November, a Black Lives Matter protester said he was beaten at a Trump rally and said attendees used a racial slur during the attack.

Last week, at a Trump campaign event in Arizona, The Post reported, a man shouted “motherf——– tacos!” at two Latino protesters. A person at another rally this month, in Las Vegas, could be heard yelling “Sieg heil!” — a verbal salute used by the Nazis.

Jared Taylor, the editor of American Renaissance, a white-nationalist magazine and website based in Northern Virginia, told the New Yorker that Trump may be in denial about the makeup of his base.

“I’m sure he would repudiate any association with people like me,” Taylor told the magazine, “but his support comes from people who are more like me than he might like to admit.”

During Trump’s meteoric rise to the top of the Republican field, white supremacist groups have enthusiastically embraced him.

Stormfront, one of the most popular white nationalist websites, claims that a surge of Trump-inspired traffic has forced administrators to upgrade their servers, according to Politico.

Site founder Don Black told The Post that Trump has “inspired an insurgency” for users of the site and listeners of a Stormfront radio show.

“It’s all very surprising to me,” Black said. “I would have never expected he be the great white hope, of all people. But it’s happening. So that’s what we talk about. That’s what so many of our people are inspired by.”

In a recent post on the white nationalist blog Occidental Observer, Kevin MacDonald — described by the Southern Poverty Law Center as “the neo-Nazi movement’s favorite academic” — wrote that Trump’s candidacy is helping America realize that a “very large number of White people are furious” about the where the country is headed.

“We are living in very exciting times,” MacDonald wrote. “A major political candidate is saying things that have been kept out of the mainstream for decades by a corrupt elite consensus on immigration and multiculturalism that dominates both the GOP and the Democrats.”

Real estate mogul Donald Trump said during his presidential announcement that Mexican migrants to the U.S. are drug traffickers and rapists, as well as "some ... good people." (AP)
MacDonald called Trump’s candidacy “a game changer” that “has a very real possibility of success,” adding:

In this new climate, millions of White people are realizing that it’s entirely legitimate to oppose immigration and multiculturalism.

It’s okay to oppose the idea that every last human has the moral right to immigrate to a Western country, or that all peoples and cultures are equally acceptable as immigrants. And it’s safe to say that millions of White people are changing what they think.

“I don’t think Trump is a white nationalist,” National Policy Institute director Richard Spencer told the New Yorker. But Spencer, called “one of the country’s most successful young white nationalist leaders” by the SPLC, told the New Yorker that Trump reflects “an unconscious vision that white people have — that their grandchildren might be a hated minority in their own country. I think that scares us. They probably aren’t able to articulate it. I think it’s there.”

He added: “I think that, to a great degree, explains the Trump phenomenon. I think he is the one person who can tap into it.”

It wasn’t always like this.

During the embryonic days of the campaign — way back when Trump was still known more for televised business deals than anything-goes bombast — Matthew Heimbach was like many conservative voters: uninterested in Trump.

But six months later, the 24-year-old said he finds himself caught in an all-powerful Trumpian tractor beam.

“It’s exciting to see, and I didn’t expect it,” Heimbach told The Post.

How did that happen, exactly?

The same way it has for millions of other conservatives, who have been drawn to the candidate’s outspoken and seemingly unscripted rhetoric aimed at working-class voters already seething about poor economic prospects, the “menace” of illegal immigration and the persistent threat of violent crime.

And yet, Heimbach is no ordinary conservative.

He’s an influential and avowed white nationalist, a divisive and radical outsider who gave up on mainstream politicians years ago. As a polarizing student at Towson University, Heimbach made headlines by unsuccessfully attempting to establish a White Student Union and leading controversial night patrols to combat a so-called “black crime wave,” according to the SPLC, which monitors hate speech.

The onetime member of the neo-Confederate League of the South never thought he’d be back under the Republican umbrella.

But then Trump began talking about “building a great, great wall on our southern border.”

“This is the first time since Buchanan in the ’90s and George Wallace in ’68 where you have a guy outside the mainstream speaking to white interests,” Heimbach told The Post.

“Donald Trump, whether he meant to or not, has opened this floodgate that I don’t think can be restrained regardless of what happens in the 2016 elections,” Heimbach added.

Trump didn’t exactly create this new wave of radical support, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center’s Potok.

What Trump is doing, Potok told The Post, is taking a “subterranean community” of people that, until recently, existed underground and online and bringing them into the light of mainstream America. Hostile towards minority groups, fearful of seismic changes in racial demographics and cultural norms, and frustrated by corrupt politicians they perceive as cowed by politically correct culture, it is a bloc of Americans who have been quietly seething, Potok said.

“Even 15 years ago, same-sex marriage is something that seemed unimaginable, and now it’s the law of the land,” he said. “For a pretty sizable number of Americans, that’s unbelievable. They feel like ground is being cut from under them, like they inhabit a world they don’t recognize.”

Trump, Potok said, has opened a conversation about an America that never really existed. That conversation might include factually incorrect information, such as a tweet last month showing an image of a dark-skinned man holding a handgun above a series of inflammatory statistics that Politifact described as “wildly inaccurate.”

Originally posted by a neo-Nazi, the information was disseminated by Trump one day after Trump supporters assaulted a black activist at a rally in Alabama.

But accuracy and basis in reality aren’t what matter to some of Trump’s supporters, Potok said.

“What his statements do is open up a political space for people that have these radical feelings and he gives them permission to speak out, loudly and proudly,” he said. “Accuracy is beside the point.”

Marilyn Mayo, co-director of the Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism, said it’s difficult to verify white supremacist claims that Trump is drawing new members into their ranks because their ranks are closely held secrets.

What is verifiable, she said, is the surge in postings on websites such as Stormfront each time Trump makes a controversial statement.

That excitement, she noted, stems from the belief among white supremacists that a front-runner is knowingly championing their agenda by using both explicit and coded language.

“These groups are constantly trying to reach whites that they think would be attracted if they were just inspired enough,” Mayo told The Post. “What it does is allow the mainstreaming of hate.”

“They’re using Trump and his message to bring more people and more money into their fold, and that’s a tremendous concern.”

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2015, 03:25:42 am »
I'm seeing a number of these phony "Skinheads for Trump" sites and posters cropping up everywhere to declare their racist nature, and by the way, Sieg Heil! they're for Trump.

Campaigning in politics is rife with subterfuge and, as Nixon put it, dirty tricks.

David Duke was David Duke before Trump ran for Prez.  Stormfront was Stormfront before Trump ran for Prez. 

Perhaps they were setting up the story for when Trump eventually did decided to run, or perhaps Trump has a message that skinheads adore.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 03:31:37 am »
How America's dying white supremacist movement is seizing on Trump's appeal.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,189322.msg754456/topicseen.html#msg754456

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2015, 03:36:24 am »
New research shows that it was not Pontius Pilate who freed Barrabas and condemned Jesus Of Nazareth to crucifixion. Actually it was Roman sub-Prelate Donatius Trumpiticus, a fore bearer of current Republican front runner Donald Trump, who, it can now be said is descended from the murderers of the Son of God.

Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2015, 03:40:57 am »
New research shows that it was not Pontius Pilate who freed Barrabas and condemned Jesus Of Nazareth to crucifixion. Actually it was Roman sub-Prelate Donatius Trumpiticus, a fore bearer of current Republican front runner Donald Trump, who, it can now be said is descended from the murderers of the Son of God.

:mauslaff:

It was just a matter of time before this was revealed......

btw..very good Scott!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2015, 03:41:40 am »

Jews don't much like Trump either:

http://forward.com/opinion/327447/donald-trumps-hidden-opportunity-for-jews/

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2015, 03:42:02 am »

I was certain Trump was descended from Caligula, but one thing is indisputable...the bastard killed Kenny.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2015, 03:53:53 am »
"Communist Party Endorses Obama For 2012"

"Communist Party Endorses Obama | Race 4 2016"

Somehow I don't recall many getting their panties in a wad over this.

Nobody's surprised the Communist Party would endorse Obama.

I don't recall GW Bush or McCain or Romney getting the open support of the KKK.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2015, 04:07:12 am »
So...

Senator Robert Byrd, and his family and friends are all going to vote for Trump.

There are so many Dems in the KKK, if true, this would doom Hillary as a candidate. Hell, from what I hear, if Trump is really in the KKK, she would vote for him herself, along with her Southern hick husband.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2015, 04:14:35 am »
It is an exciting time for people who hate women, minorities, and the disabled, as well as legitimate conservatives who hate the establishment so much they will vote for a liberal snake oil salesman to spite the GOP.  Exciting times indeed.

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2015, 04:18:33 am »
So...

Senator Robert Byrd, and his family and friends are all going to vote for Trump.

There are so many Dems in the KKK, if true, this would doom Hillary as a candidate. Hell, from what I hear, if Trump is really in the KKK, she would vote for him herself, along with her Southern hick husband.

Trump and the Clinton share a lot in common...including $100,000 of Trump's money.

Robert Byrd is dead, but if he could come back from hell and pull the lever one more time with his damned zombie fingers...I hope it will be for Trump.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2015, 04:27:32 am »
The point is, the KKK is now, and has always been, a Democrat organization.

All this KKK nonsense, will only pull Democrats to Trump and away from Hillary.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2015, 04:32:37 am »
The point is, the KKK is now, and has always been, a Democrat organization.

All this KKK nonsense, will only pull Democrats to Trump and away from Hillary.

I don't want the white separatists block voting GOP.

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 05:19:01 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Paladin

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2015, 09:59:56 pm »
It isn't just the MSM. This vile poison has already raised its ugly head on here.

"KKK Leader Finds Donald Trump a Great Recruiting Tool"
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,189320.0.html
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline flowers

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2015, 11:33:04 pm »
Have they compared him to hilter yet?