Author Topic: Webb Hubbell: Republicans Will Flock to Hillary if Trump Is Nominee  (Read 1346 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=706288

Newsmax
Webb Hubbell: Republicans Will Flock to Hillary if Trump Is Nominee
Thursday, December 17, 2015 04:42 PM

By: Bill Hoffmann

Webb Hubbell tells Newsmax TV some 50 percent of Republican voters will switch sides and cast their votes for Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton if Donald Trump ends up clinching the GOP presidential nomination.

"I don't think the mainstream of the Republican Party is going to be able to hold their nose long enough and vote for Trump," Hubbell said Thursday on "The Steve Malzberg Show."

And the same holds true for Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas and retired pediatric neurosurgeon Ben Carson, added Hubbell, who was Hillary Clinton's former law partner and served as associate attorney general under President Bill Clinton.

"Given the current lineup of nominees, I'd say about half of the Republicans are going to end up voting for Hilary," Hubbell said.

"If it's Donald Trump, there'll be a whole large group of people who never voted before who are going to go and vote and hope that doesn't happen."

Hubbell also believes Trump’s popularity could be hurt by the flattering words Russian President Vladimir Putin had for him on Thursday.

Putin hailed the billionaire developer at GOP presidential front-runner as the "absolute leader" in the U.S. presidential contest and praised his talk about building a deeper relationship with Russia.

"[He’s] a very colorful character and talented…. He’s said that he wants to move to a new level of ties, closer and deeper ties with Russia. How couldn’t we welcome that? Of course we welcome it," Putin said.

But Hubbell believes the Russian strongman's glowing assessment is trouble for Trump.

"That ought to scare the heck out of everybody…. They seem like two peas in a pod. I guess that's the way to look at it. I do think it'll hurt him," he told Malzberg.

Hubbell is the author of "Ginger Snaps: A Jack Patterson Thriller," published by Beaufort Books.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Re: Webb Hubbell: Republicans Will Flock to Hillary if Trump Is Nominee
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 01:48:50 pm »

Advice from Hillary's law partner...Web Hubbell? Really?

I'm not listening to a guy who thinks that affidavit is a Jewish wine.

:silly:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 02:01:58 pm »
"Given the current lineup of nominees, I'd say about half of the Republicans are going to end up voting for Hilary,"

If it's Donald Trump, there'll be a whole large group of people who never voted before who are going to go and vote and hope that doesn't happen.
Just like there was a whole large group of people in 2004 who were going to go and vote and hope that George W. Bush wouldn't get re-elected. (Or Obama in 2012, for that matter.) People generally don't vote against candidates. We don't get to pick "yes" or "no" on a candidate (as much as I wish we could sometimes) and conservatives are not going to randomly abandon principle to vote for a hack like Clinton, who represents everything we despise about Washington politics.

Not everyone shares Hubbell's, er, amorous attitude toward the former Secretary.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 05:15:27 pm »
Webb Hubbell???? he is still around.............. I wonder if he has visitations to see his daughter Chelsea's baby?

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 05:20:50 pm »
Advice from Hillary's law partner...Web Hubbell? Really?

I'm not listening to a guy who thinks that affidavit is a Jewish wine.

:silly:

Democrats lie continually. That is why they are all running around talking up Rubio as being :"the most dangerous candidate to Hillary".  They know it is nonsense

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 05:22:43 pm »
Ah! Chelsea's dad weighs in!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 05:25:50 pm »
Democrat game plan 1a makes its appearance...let's trick the Republicans again, they always fall for it like the kindergarteners they are!
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Longiron

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 06:02:08 pm »
Ah! Chelsea's dad weighs in!

Heard that also. :beer:

Offline Longiron

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2015, 06:03:49 pm »
Democrat game plan 1a makes its appearance...let's trick the Republicans again, they always fall for it like the kindergarteners they are!

They do not call it the "Party of STUPID: for nothing. Control House and Senate and Barry gets MORE than he wants.  :chairbang: