Author Topic: Reality Check: Ted Cruz Says Middle East Was Better Off Before War On Terror  (Read 5250 times)

Offline ZakCarter

“Ted Cruz says the Middle East was better off under Gaddafi and Saddam Hussein. Can that possibly be true? Not only is it true but the numbers behind it will stun you! Reality Check!”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1gVh_k2fJs&index=30&list=PLfdRv4mkXBsIneIsPsU9G67Rsq6TMYDK-

Can't watch the video? Read the transcript @ http://truthinmedia.com/reality-check-ted-cruz-middle-east-war-on-terror/

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
“Ted Cruz says the Middle East was better off under Gaddafi and Saddam Hussein. Can that possibly be true? Not only is it true but the numbers behind it will stun you! Reality Check!”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1gVh_k2fJs&index=30&list=PLfdRv4mkXBsIneIsPsU9G67Rsq6TMYDK-

Can't watch the video? Read the transcript @ http://truthinmedia.com/reality-check-ted-cruz-middle-east-war-on-terror/

For awhile Europe was better off under Mussolini and Hitler, until it wasn't.

Saddam Hussein was a unique situation, and should not become grouped with Libya, Egypt, Syria etc. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

Yeah.  The Middle East was so much more stable under Hussein, who had invaded two countries, sponsored and harbored terrorists, terrorized Kurds and Shia, and had used chemical weapons. And his two blood-thirsty sons were waiting to succeed him. 

Intervention in the Middle East wasn't the problem.  It was the lack of follow-through by the Bush administration and the withdrawal of forces by Obama.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Carling

Intervention in the Middle East wasn't the problem.  It was the lack of follow-through by the Bush administration and the withdrawal of forces by Obama.

So you agree with Cruz, then.  The ME is worse now than prior to Iraq 2003, for the reasons you stated as well as other reasons.  The Sunshine Patriots like Clinton and Kerry shoulder much of the blame.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline aligncare

Ted Cruz is right.

Just look back at the Shah of Iran. What did Jimmy Carter's regime change in Iran give us? A dangerous Islamic state, about to be nuked up with the help of a second democrat, Obama.

Is Iraq better off with Saddam Hussein gone? The author shows it is not. Afghanistan, same thing.

And when you take into account the price tag on these foreign entanglements in terms of blood and treasure, it brings one to tears.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 12:08:45 am by aligncare »

Offline sinkspur

So you agree with Cruz, then.  The ME is worse now than prior to Iraq 2003, for the reasons you stated as well as other reasons.  The Sunshine Patriots like Clinton and Kerry shoulder much of the blame.

Yeah, well only if you think Saddam Hussein and Gadaffi with nukes were stabilizing forces. I don't.  Unlike Cruz, I think we're better off without them.

Offline sinkspur

Ted Cruz is right.

Just look back at the Shah of Iran. What did Jimmy Carter's regime change in Iran give us? A dangerous Islamic state, about to be nuked up with the help of a second democrat's help, Obama.

Is Iraq better off with Saddam Hussein gone? The author shows it is not. Afghanistan, same thing.

And when you take into account the price tag on these foreign entanglements in terms of blood and treasure, it brings one to tears.

So you're comparing a democratic government in Iraq with sharia law in Iran? 

Longing for dictatorships with chemical weapons seems misplaced.

But, that's just me.

Offline aligncare

So you're comparing a democratic government in Iraq with sharia law in Iran? 

Longing for dictatorships with chemical weapons seems misplaced.

But, that's just me.

I don't think it's the United States role to go around the world changing regimes. Unless, we or our allies are threatened, directly threatened. As in the case of ISIS.

Offline sinkspur

I don't think it's the United States role to go around the world changing regimes. Unless, we or our allies are threatened, directly threatened. As in the case of ISIS.

Ronald Reagan did.  Twice. Once in the Phillipines and once in South Korea. No war, but he still helped ease out a couple of dictators.

In Egypt, I would agree with you.  Obama shoving Mubarak out the door was the height of stupidity.

But Hussein?  I'm sure Israel is grateful he's gone and we should be too.

Offline Carling

Yeah, well only if you think Saddam Hussein and Gadaffi with nukes were stabilizing forces. I don't.  Unlike Cruz, I think we're better off without them.

His statement wasn't about if "we" were better off without those two, although I disagree with your opinion, anyhow.  It's about how the Middle East is these days, and it's clearly much worse.  Were millions of "refugees" leaving the Middle East prior to Iraq 2003?

Personally, Iran having nukes and Libya/Syria/Yemen/NE Iraq being a terrorist playground right now is a bigger risk than Saddam ever was, although I think had we kept bases in Iraq, and had Clinton/Kerry/Dems all not been Sunshine Patriots, things would be safer for us now.

I don't blame Bush at all.  He had 85% of public opinion to take out Saddam, who was clearly a threat to the US and also his citizens.  I blame the Sunshine Patriots in the Dem party who found votes in a turning public sentiment, and who pissed on the graves and the wounds of those soldiers they voted to send into Iraq.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 01:04:18 am by Carling »

Offline libertybele

:amen:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sinkspur

His statement wasn't about if "we" were better off without those two, although I disagree with your opinion, anyhow.  It's about how the Middle East is these days, and it's clearly much worse.  Were millions of "refugees" leaving the Middle East prior to Iraq 2003?

Personally, Iran having nukes and Libya/Syria/Yemen/NE Iraq being a terrorist playground right now is a bigger risk than Saddam ever was, although I think had we kept bases in Iraq, and had Clinton/Kerry/Dems all not been Sunshine Patriots, things would be safer for us now.

I don't blame Bush at all.  He had 85% of public opinion to take out Saddam, who was clearly a threat to the US and also his citizens.  I blame the Sunshine Patriots in the Dem party who found votes in a turning public sentiment, and who pissed on the graves and the wounds of those soldiers they voted to send into Iraq.

Well,you and I finally agree about something. It's really epic.

Offline EdinVA

We stirred the pot and then just walked away.. what a mess..

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Ted Cruz is right.

Just look back at the Shah of Iran. What did Jimmy Carter's regime change in Iran give us? A dangerous Islamic state, about to be nuked up with the help of a second democrat, Obama.

You are EXACTLY right but the problem goes much further back than that!  The South Vietnamese government had plenty of problems but was stable until the U.S. decided that  President Ngô Đình Diệm wasn't governing the place up to OUR standards and joined in the plot that removed him! It was the end although a lot happened afterwards.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

HAPPY2BME

A U.S. Army major, after returning from THREE CONSECUTIVE TOURS (3 years in a row) summed it up for me:  What Iraq needs is another Saddam Hussein.

HAPPY2BME

We stirred the pot and then just walked away.. what a mess..

===========================================

The majority of the Chief of Staff and General officers advised G.W.B. NOT to invade Iraq.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mO4UCYyef8

Offline EdinVA

A U.S. Army major, after returning from THREE CONSECUTIVE TOURS (3 years in a row) summed it up for me:  What Iraq needs is another Saddam Hussein.

I hate to say it but that is the only thing they appear to understand, brute force..
Things were going well until Rumsfeld left and Gates took over then the focus shifted..

HAPPY2BME

I hate to say it but that is the only thing they appear to understand, brute force..
Things were going well until Rumsfeld left and Gates took over then the focus shifted..

=================================================

I have spoken with more than one U.S. field grade officer (and above) who have had war time theater tenure in the Middle East over the past 25 years.  All agree that Islam is a farce.  All agree that if every Christian and Jew were erased off the face of the earth that Muslims would still be slaughtering each other 'in the name of allah.'  All agree that muslims invoke the 'name of allah' moreso for convenience sake when it can make them more profit or somehow give them more personal gain that they do for 'religious reasons.'

Its a farce.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
=================================================

I have spoken with more than one U.S. field grade officer (and above) who have had war time theater tenure in the Middle East over the past 25 years.  All agree that Islam is a farce.  All agree that if every Christian and Jew were erased off the face of the earth that Muslims would still be slaughtering each other 'in the name of allah.'  All agree that muslims invoke the 'name of allah' moreso for convenience sake when it can make them more profit or somehow give them more personal gain that they do for 'religious reasons.'

Its a farce.

Islam is not a religion! It is a political movement disguised as a religion and has been from day one!

Thank you for your service to our country!

An old Vietnam guy myself!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Carling

Well,you and I finally agree about something. It's really epic.

We've agreed on a lot of things over the years.   :beer:   :patriot:

Offline sinkspur

That's what I recall and I'd like to get back to that.

Offline Lando Lincoln

That's what I recall and I'd like to get back to that.

Guys - you each have a lot to offer.  I am all for the respective hatchets being buried.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline sinkspur

Guys - you each have a lot to offer.  I am all for the respective hatchets being buried.

As long as they're not buried in each other.

Offline Lando Lincoln

As long as they're not buried in each other.

Well, there is that...
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

HAPPY2BME

Islam is not a religion! It is a political movement disguised as a religion and has been from day one!

Thank you for your service to our country!

An old Vietnam guy myself!

=========================================

Our generation was probably the last American Generation to understand what true personal liberty and freedom is (was).

And thank you sir for your distinguished service as well.  No, it was not in vain.