Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: Obama to deliver rare Oval Office address Sunday..8pmest on terror threat  (Read 14205 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/262234-obama-to-address-threat-of-terrorism-on-sunday-from-oval-office

By Mario Trujillo - 12/05/15 07:00 PM EST

President Obama will discuss the San Bernardino, Calif., shootings and the broader threat of terrorism on Sunday night in a rare prime time address from the Oval Office.

The address at 8 p.m. will hit on the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS or ISIL) and how the terror threat has "evolved, and how we will defeat it," according to the White House.

"He will reiterate his firm conviction that ISIL will be destroyed and that the United States must draw upon our values – our unwavering commitment to justice, equality and freedom – to prevail over terrorist groups that use violence to advance a destructive ideology," the White House said in a statement Saturday night.

It is rare for the president to give a prime-time speech from the Oval Office, with Obama preferring instead to address the nation from the East Room.

He has made only two formal addresses from the Oval Office during his presidency, with the last one coming in 2010 to mark the end of combat troops in Iraq.

The speech will come less than a week after 14 people were killed and dozens injured during a shooting in San Bernardino, which is being investigated as an act of terrorism. It is also less than a month after the terrorist attacks in Paris, for which ISIS claimed responsibility.

Obama called the California shootings an act of terrorism earlier Saturday and said it is possible the two shooters were radicalized.

"It is entirely possible that these two attackers were radicalized to commit this act of terror,” Obama said during his weekly address. “And if so, it would underscore a threat we’ve been focused on for years — the danger of people succumbing to violent extremist ideologies."

During a briefing with national security aides, Obama was told there were no links yet uncovered to a broader terrorist cell. The Islamic State in Iraq and Syria has increasingly encouraged lone wolf attacks.

The two suspects behind Wednesday’s attack in California, Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik, were not on any government watch list. Shortly ahead of the attack on Wednesday, Malik is believed to have posted a Facebook message pledging allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

The Oval Office address also comes as the president is facing increasing pressure over the threat from ISIS.

Critics say Obama has underestimated the group, noting earlier remarks mocking the group as a "JV team" and claiming they had been "contained."

The White House later said Obama meant that the group's geographic advance in Iraq and Syria had been stopped.

In an interview on Thursday, Obama expressed confidence, telling the public that law enforcement was vigilant against any threats from ISIS.

"What I try to do is to make sure that people understand the threat is real, we have to be vigilant, but we also can't panic and we can't respond out of fear," Obama told CBS News.

Obama spoke with France President Francois Hollande on Friday to update him on the California shooting, and to pledge continued cooperation in fighting terrorism.

Lawmakers on Capitol Hill have debated a number of policies in the wake of the Paris attacks last month, including increased screening for refugees and strengthening screening in the U.S. visa waiver program.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 09:19:38 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
blah blah blah...Religion of peace...this is not who we are..blah blah blah
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline libertybele

The only reason that I may tune in is to see what he has to say about gun control in response to San Bernadino and if he actually publicly calls it an Islamic Terror attack...somehow I already know what to expect out of Hussein ... not much.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Carling

I assume we'll hear something about the Crusades and how "moderate" Muslims shouldn't ever have their religion insulted, because apparently Democrats believe they are all barely-civilized blood-thirsty savages who are just waiting to have Islam insulted until they want to go all Jihad on us infidels.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 02:20:46 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

The only reason that I may tune in is to see what he has to say about gun control in response to San Bernadino and if he actually publicly calls it an Islamic Terror attack...somehow I already know what to expect out of Hussein ... not much.

I'll wait for myst or someone else to live post it here and read the Tweets about it.  I can't stand to hear the sound of his anti-Christian/Judaism and anti-American voice.

Offline sinkspur

Just make sure you're done by 7:20 in time for NFL Sunday night football. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'll wait for myst or someone else to live post it here and read the Tweets about it.  I can't stand to hear the sound of his anti-Christian/Judaism and anti-American voice.

I'll do the exact same. I know what he's going to say right now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
They are in full panic mode. Their usual narrative is unraveling and they are trying to do damage control. Can't put this one back in the box.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Yeah make me do the dirty work..... 8888crybaby
Support the USO

Offline Carling

Yeah make me do the dirty work..... 8888crybaby

It's your site!   :patriot:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

blah blah blah... keep guns out of their hands.... blah blah blah... common sense... blah blah blah.. let me be clear...

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
It is rare for me to take on the forum here and call you all a bunch of weenies, but I cannot allow these insults to Obama to go unanswered. Shame.  Shame on you all. Obama is right.

If it was possible for you to pull your collective heads out of your butts for one second, you would see as I do that terrorism is caused by by Climate Change, not by Islam. If Osama ben Laden had air conditioning, or a good job, he would have never become a terrorist. Terrorism is the fault of America, not Islam.

Islam is a wonderful beautiful religion full of nothing but beautiful lovely beautiful wonderful people who never think any bad thoughts and have never ever done anything wrong in the history of the world. (ashadu)

If we take guns from everyday Americans the terrorist will stop, and turn themselves in to authorities, just like they did in France. This is the truth that you don't want to hear only because it is coming from a half-Black/half-White guy. You bunch of racists. InshaAllah, one day we be rid of the Infidel plague on America.

You are letting your racism, cloud your common sense. Shut up and do what you are told. Obama knows better. Obama and his life-mate, are smarter, better, and more refined, than any of the people on this site could ever hope, could ever dream, of being able to achieve.

So that's my say and I stand by it. If I get banned then it is but the will of Allah.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
It is rare for me to take on the forum here and call you all a bunch of weenies, but I cannot allow these insults to Obama to go unanswered. Shame.  Shame on you all. Obama is right.

If it was possible for you to pull your collective heads out of your butts for one second, you would see as I do that terrorism is caused by by Climate Change, not by Islam. If Osama ben Laden had air conditioning, or a good job, he would have never become a terrorist. Terrorism is the fault of America, not Islam.

Islam is a wonderful beautiful religion full of nothing but beautiful lovely beautiful wonderful people who never think any bad thoughts and have never ever done anything wrong in the history of the world. (ashadu)

If we take guns from everyday Americans the terrorist will stop, and turn themselves in to authorities, just like they did in France. This is the truth that you don't want to hear only because it is coming from a half-Black/half-White guy. You bunch of racists. InshaAllah, one day we be rid of the Infidel plague on America.

You are letting your racism, cloud your common sense. Shut up and do what you are told. Obama knows better. Obama and his life-mate, are smarter, better, and more refined, than any of the people on this site could ever hope, could ever dream, of being able to achieve.

So that's my say and I stand by it. If I get banned then it is but the will of Allah.

You are so right. How could we be so blind?  :chairbang:
The Republic is lost.

Oceander

I am so ashamed that I didn't see it before!  You are so correct!  :silly:

Offline famousdayandyear

Can't think of one reason to sit and watch a fake American read a series of lies from the teleprompter of the United States.  Done that already.

Offline flowers

He will use the term 'homeland' many times. he will say he will from a blue ribbon panel on how to pass a law like they did in Australia on guns. Or he will just present a EO saying without guns terrorist won't attack us. He will also say he will not tolerate hate crimes towards muslims and say they will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

He will say these people were not the face of islam and lone wolf cell. He will say nice things about muzzies. and how this is a country rich with all types of religions. He will say that this year their have been 355 mass shootings , only have had 4....he will use that for his gun taking agenda. Or he will tell congress to pass gun loophole laws and a gun registry. He will tell them he has a pen and a phone. He will whistle when he speaks and or looked stoned.

edit to add he many blame climate change for the attack too.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 04:06:00 pm by flowers »

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Can't listen to a word uttered by this treasonous POS any longer. Do want to know if he has a Carter-like epiphany...Ha! the narcissistic Islamic psychopath does not even have the decency of what was previously the worst president in modern history. 
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
It will truly be riveting to see what direction he takes tonite. San Bernadino has completely derailed the delusional narrative the Admin has been trying to force on the American people as they try to guide us all down their little yellow brick road. Now that narrative is completely at odds with reality and they are anywhere from floundering to outright confrontational trying to get ahead of this and back in control.

So are they going to be reactionary and try to stuff it back in the box, or spin and roll it to their advantage somehow? Knowing Obama's inflexibility on these things, I expect the former. That could make the next year or so very politically interesting.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 04:20:15 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline flowers

It will truly be riveting to see what direction he takes tonite. San Bernadino has completely derailed the delusional narrative the Admin has been trying to force on the American people as they try to guide us all down their little yellow brick road. Now that narrative is completely at odds with reality and they are anywhere from floundering to outright confrontational trying to get ahead of this and back in control.

So are they going to be reactionary and try to stuff it back in the box, or spin and roll it to their advantage somehow? Knowing Obama's inflexibility on these things, I expect the former. That could make the next year or so very politically interesting.
What have they done in the past........double or triple down on a issue. You know they have to get our guns. I am expecting some type of EO. His press secretary said this week that gun control would stop terrorist attacks here.

Offline famousdayandyear

CBS twitter feed (@CBSNlive) states talk with be 'gun control'.

What a surprise.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 04:48:24 pm by famousdayandyear »

Oceander

What have they done in the past........double or triple down on a issue. You know they have to get our guns. I am expecting some type of EO. His press secretary said this week that gun control would stop terrorist attacks here.

That would not surprise me.

Offline flowers

He will mention the no fly list people can buy guys. 2000 of them according to cnn. Yet he knew of that law in 2011 why didn't he act then? Senate tried to change it last week, it failed? Why? So he could use it in his gun law language. Once he EO' one gun law that gives him the way to do more gun EO' or actions.

Offline flowers

CBS twitter feed (@CBSNlive) states talk with be 'gun control'.

What a surprise.
CBS News Verified account ‏@CBSNews

Tonight, @CBSNlive streams @POTUS' urgent address to the nation on gun control at 8 P.M. ET http://cbsn.ws/1Rxwz3J 

the comments are interesting

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/673511864987459584/photo/1

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
On *gun control*...what about terrorism?....go ahead and talk about gun control and climate change..then I pray someone draws up Articles of Impeachment cause I think the American people are just about ready to support it.
Support the USO