Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: Obama to deliver rare Oval Office address Sunday..8pmest on terror threat  (Read 14230 times)

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
CBS twitter feed (@CBSNlive) states talk with be 'gun control'.

What a surprise.

Oh that would be delicious - if he comes out for gun control (or tries an EO) while at the same time saying he is going to bring in tens of thousands Syrian refugees (jihadi free for all), he could be signing his party's own suicide letter (Hillary might not last the night). And he could be brewing an open revolt, no way Americans will abide by that in this environment and the police won't go along either.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline famousdayandyear

On *gun control*...what about terrorism?....go ahead and talk about gun control and climate change..then I pray someone draws up Articles of Impeachment cause I think the American people are just about ready to support it.

Hear hear

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
What have they done in the past........double or triple down on a issue. You know they have to get our guns. I am expecting some type of EO. His press secretary said this week that gun control would stop terrorist attacks here.

And that's going to be a jab in the eye of Americans. The liberal chickens are coming home, because they've used Hollywood to turn people into a bunch of emotionally driven and feral creatures. Now they will tell us to ignore our fear and not arm and defend ourselves against terrorists, there is no terrorist problem, and oh yeah don't be politically incorrect against Muslims either or we'll prosecute. Climate change is the real issue for goodness sake.

Going to predict that it is all going to backfire on them, and I don't think they're going to get a handle on this one. In fact I think the reaction is going to herd the current politics of the country in a completely different direction.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 05:14:22 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline famousdayandyear

Oh that would be delicious - if he comes out for gun control (or tries an EO) while at the same time saying he is going to bring in tens of thousands Syrian refugees (jihadi free for all), he could be signing his party's own suicide letter (Hillary might not last the night). And he could be brewing an open revolt, no way Americans will abide by that in this environment and the police won't go along either.

It's a feeling only, but this may be the desired outcome of a perverse administration.  Confident ValJar is crafting his 'talk'.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
It's a feeling only, but this may be the desired outcome of a perverse administration.  Confident ValJar is crafting his 'talk'.

Of course she is..nothing gets said or done without her stamp of approval
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Open revolt.....Martial law.

Offline flowers

The President will tell America 'do not give in to fear' tonight: Third Oval Office address of Obama's presidency will focus on terror threat amid a 'rethink' of strategy - but could also call for more gun control

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3348114/As-Obama-prepares-address-nation-Homeland-Security-officials-rethinking-airline-security-visa-processes-enters-new-phase-global-terrorist-threat.html

Obama will address the nation from the Oval Office Sunday at 8pm ET
He will speak about the investigation into the San Bernardino killings as well as the threat to America from terrorism and his plan to defeat ISIS
Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said that US should increase number of agents in airports abroad and tighten standards for visa waivers

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Can't think of one reason to sit and watch a fake American read a series of lies from the teleprompter of the United States.  Done that already.

He's either a fake American or a traitorous one. 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

And that is the trillion dollar question. Is he going to continue in denial, or use this crisis to his advantage? I'm betting on denial. Let's hope it's not the other.
The Republic is lost.

Offline ArneFufkin

I can't take being lectured by a feckless buffoon.   I'll pass.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I can't take being lectured by a feckless buffoon.   I'll pass.

Me too.   Have to sort my socks.    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EdinVA

I will listen to the SOB and hope I can keep my TV in tack.... BUT, will switch when the dallas redskins game starts... :)
Priorities....
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 10:05:25 pm by EdinVA »

Offline sinkspur

I will listen to the SOB and hope I can keep my TV in tack.... BUT, will switch when the dallas redskins game starts... :)
Priorities....

THat's tomorrow.

Tonight it's the Steelers vs. the Colts.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline EdinVA

THat's tomorrow.

Tonight it's the Steelers vs. the Colts.

Oh man.... that means I gotta watch whats his name....

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Oh man.... that means I gotta watch whats his name....

"Morgan"....in The Walking Dead?   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
I'll have the shower hot and ready to go with two bars of soap and a scrub brush, ready to run to as soon as he's done speaking.
The Republic is lost.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I got it Obama. Look, Hussein, I get it already.

Yes, I know Christianity sucks, Islam is wonderful and beautiful and great. How many times are you going to tell us the same Schick. We got it. OK?

You love Islam. Fine, leave us alone with that crap. We get it. Go away.

Yeah, I know, global warming is going to kill everyone. Yeah, yeah, yeah, and the same old recording just won't stop.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

The President will tell America 'do not give in to fear' tonight: Third Oval Office address of Obama's presidency will focus on terror threat amid a 'rethink' of strategy - but could also call for more gun control

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3348114/As-Obama-prepares-address-nation-Homeland-Security-officials-rethinking-airline-security-visa-processes-enters-new-phase-global-terrorist-threat.html

In other words he's going to pretend to channel FDR and "we have nothing to fear but fear itself".

Offline mountaineer

I'm going to skip this BSfest of a speech, the GBR thread and Twitter, as well. The Picksburgh Stillers are playing and I shall be on the couch watching the football game. If anyone changes the channel to that idiot's speech, there's no telling what harm may befall the TV.

I just can't take it any more.  8888crybaby

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Any bets how late he'll be?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Any bets how late he'll be?

He maybe on time..he's changing into black tie and going to some event afterwards...I missed what the event was..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
West Wing Reports ‏@WestWingReport 36s37 seconds ago

President to speak for approx 15 mins; he asked GOP Congress nearly a year ago to authorize force against ISIS; so far it has not
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Jordan Fabian Verified account
‏@Jordanfabian

POTUS will attend Kennedy Center Honors after tonight's Oval Office address, WH says. Trip was initially scrapped after speech was announced
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
David Limbaugh ‏@DavidLimbaugh 1m1 minute ago

The people are mortified. Islamists are waging war on us and Obama aids and abets them by denying they are and also by trying to disarm us.
Support the USO