Author Topic: Denzel Washington Defies Hollywood- Speaks Out Against Obama Agenda 203  (Read 1127 times)

rangerrebew

Denzel Washington Defies Hollywood- Speaks Out Against Obama Agenda 203

Mar 5, 2015

Two-time Oscar winner Denzel Washington recently defied liberal Hollywood by speaking out about his strong Christian faith.

Obama has consistently shown that he has a strong anti-Christian agenda, so Washington’s brave words have enraged Obama-lovers everywhere.

“I read from the Bible every day, and I read my Daily Word,” he told a reporter, adding that it was not difficult for him to grow up as the son of a preacher.

“He wasn’t a taskmaster, but there were certain things you couldn’t do,” Washington said. “He had his own church, and it was a long Sunday, because you had to be there all day.”

“Everyone I grew up with didn’t have a father,” he continued. “I had a father. My father was a decent man. He was a very spiritual man and a gentleman.”

Though today he is a strong Christian, in his teens he became rebellious after attending church started to feel like “a job.” That all changed in his 20s, when he had a personal encounter with God in the same church he still attends to this day.

“The minister was preaching, ‘Just let it go,’” Washington recalled. “I said, ‘I’m going to go with it.’ And I had this tremendous physical and spiritual experience.”

“It did frighten me,” he said. “I was slobbering, crying, sweating. My cheeks blew up. I was purging. It was too intense.”

Washington’s powerful experience left him with some serious questions.

“It almost drove me away. I called my mother, and she said I was being filled with the Holy Spirit,” he recounted. “I was like, ‘Does that mean I can never have wine again?’”

Ever since that day, Washington has been a proud Christian, even going so far as to consider becoming a preacher.

“A part of me still says, ‘Maybe, Denzel, you’re supposed to preach. Maybe you’re still compromising,'” he said during a 1999 interview.

In the end, Washington decided to stick to playing preachers in the movies. He did, however, offer some creative advice for staying close to God every day.

“Put your slippers way under your bed so when you get up in the morning, you have to get on your knees to find them. And while you’re down there, start your day with prayer. Ask for wisdom. Ask for understanding,” he said. “Don’t aspire to make a living, aspire to make a difference.”

http://tellmenow.com/2015/03/denzel-washington-defies-hollywood-speaks-out-against-obama-agenda/
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 09:54:00 pm by rangerrebew »