Author Topic: Deion Sanders Speaks the Truth About San Bernardino, and it’s Glorious  (Read 621 times)

rangerrebew

Deion Sanders Speaks the Truth About San Bernardino, and it’s Glorious
By Dylan Gwinn | December 3, 2015 | 10:13 PM EST

Deion Sanders was known as “Primetime” in his NFL playing days. But after what the Hall of Famer turned NFL Network analyst had to say to the Associated Press about the San Bernardino terrorist attacks on Wednesday night, Primetime might be forced to use some of his airtime to walk-back his comments:

Here’s what Sanders had to say:

“I don’t think that guns is picking up themselves and pulling triggers on its own. I think people are doing that. It says more about people than it says about guns. I’m not an advocate of ignorance or violence whatsoever, but we need to really look at people. And this is something that happens to get outside of inner cities because this is happening in the inner cities on a daily basis. I just want us to be as livid as adamant about solvency nationally as well as in inner-cities.”

I sincerely hope there are no repercussions for Sanders, for having the audacity to point out the obvious about guns and the fact that the media completely ignores that Chicago has the rough equivalent of about two San Bernardinos a month.

But in any event, it’s refreshing to see someone out there willing to tell it like it is.

Source URL: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/dylan-gwinn/2015/12/03/deion-sanders-speaks-truth-about-san-bernardino-and-its