Author Topic: BREAKING: ACTIVE SHOOTER IN SAN BERNARDINO  (Read 37686 times)

Offline flowers

Re: BREAKING: ACTIVE SHOOTER IN SAN BERNARDINO
« Reply #700 on: December 03, 2015, 09:33:00 pm »
The pair seemed to be using blueprints found in many issues of Inspire, Al Qaeda's extremist online publication in the Arabian Peninsula.

The magazine in the past has outlined how to make the bomb from household goods and without using metal components. Articles have also encouraged lone-wolf attacks on the American 'super-rich' and published a 'kill list' of potential targets.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3345021/Twelve-pipe-bombs-4-500-bullets-tools-making-explosives-police-home-San-Bernardino-suspects-design-bomb-used-Boston-bombers.html

Offline Paladin

« Reply #701 on: December 03, 2015, 09:35:09 pm »
If you leave this thread for such mundane activities as eating and sleeping, it takes a while to catch up. That said I want to thank everyone on here who has contributed to this discussion with facts, news stories, and even speculations. It has proved most informative and thought provoking.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #702 on: December 03, 2015, 09:37:59 pm »
so I can figure the AK about 2k and the hand guns 1k?  so about 6k for the weapons?

Depending on when and where it was purchased 6K should easily cover it. The ammo is common and there is nothing high end about the firearms

Offline flowers

« Reply #703 on: December 03, 2015, 09:43:09 pm »
Depending on when and where it was purchased 6K should easily cover it. The ammo is common and there is nothing high end about the firearms
Thanks.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #704 on: December 03, 2015, 09:44:13 pm »
out of curiosity I checked some prices real quick. 4K for the ammo and firearms would cover it today but the ar prices have fallen significantly lately so if they were purchased a couple years ago  could be another 1K or so

Offline aligncare

« Reply #705 on: December 03, 2015, 09:45:18 pm »
If you leave this thread for such mundane activities as eating and sleeping, it takes a while to catch up. That said I want to thank everyone on here who has contributed to this discussion with facts, news stories, and even speculations. It has proved most informative and thought provoking.

Wait till you see the gerbil races coming up. Whoopee, we're talking fun.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #706 on: December 03, 2015, 09:53:16 pm »
Wait till you see the gerbil races coming up. Whoopee, we're talking fun.

AC, I don't remember seeing Mistery give Paladin permission to eat or sleep, do you?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #707 on: December 03, 2015, 09:59:43 pm »
AC, I don't remember seeing Mistery give Paladin permission to eat or sleep, do you?

myst is a tough task master but even she eats and sleeps (at least I think she does?)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #708 on: December 03, 2015, 09:59:55 pm »
did anyone here watch the presser? Did the police chief say they didn't have GoPro cameras?
Yes.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

rangerrebew

« Reply #709 on: December 03, 2015, 10:07:10 pm »
White House: Obama Thinks Gun Control Will Deter Terrorists

02:26 PM, Dec 03, 2015 | By Daniel Halper

White House spokesman Josh Earnest said that President Obama thinks that gun control would help deter terrorists. Earnest made the comments today at the White House's daily press briefing.

Peter Doocy: "President Obama yesterday jumped to say that this mass shooting means it's time for commonsense gun laws. Does the President really think that common sense gun laws would deter terrorists now that he has admitted that these two may have been terrorists?"
Story continues below

White House press secretary Josh Earnest: "Yes. The president believes that passing common sense gun laws that makes it harder for people with bad intentions to get guns, makes the country safer."

Peter Doocy: "But so the president thinks that when there are potentially two terrorists sitting around planning a mass murder they may call it off because President Obama has put in place common sense gun laws?"

Earnest: "Well Peter, we're still learning of the precise motives of the individuals who carried out this heinous act of violence yesterday. One thing we do know, is the four fire arms they were wielding we're legally purchased under the laws in place now. That's a fact. So, that might lead some to conclude that we should have made it a little harder for them. Would that have changed the entire outcome? We're still investigating the situation but I guess the question is, why wouldn't we? Why wouldn't we make it harder for them? What's the explanation for that?"

http://www.weeklystandard.com/white-house-obama-thinks-gun-control-will-deter-terrorists/article/2000061
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 10:07:48 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

« Reply #710 on: December 03, 2015, 10:08:40 pm »
Just a couple simple questions.  Does Obama also think gun control would deter the mafia? :whistle:  How about black panthers? :whistle: How about drug cabals from Mexico? :thud:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 10:10:15 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Carling

« Reply #711 on: December 03, 2015, 10:09:44 pm »
I wish just one of those reporters would ask Earnest why Obama approved giving guns to Mexican drug cartels, yet is so vehement about making it more difficult for American citizens to get guns.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #712 on: December 03, 2015, 10:11:29 pm »
You haven't met the civilians of my generation.
Most of our fine service people risking their lives and limbs for this country, are your generation.

Close to home for my family are a niece and her husband, who both served multiple deployments overseas.

A real estate client of mine served as an Army medic, and now serves as a combined firefighter/EMT.

All three are now civilians. And so forth.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

rangerrebew

« Reply #713 on: December 03, 2015, 10:13:40 pm »

Thursday, 03 December 2015
San Bernardino Victims Defenseless in “Gun-free Zone"
Written by  Bob Adelmann

San Bernardino Victims Defenseless in “Gun-free Zone"

The Inland Regional Center (shown) in San Bernardino, California, the site of the massacre of innocents by a husband and wife on Wednesday, is a gun-free zone. This guaranteed that Syed Farook and his new wife, Tashfeen Malik, would face no resistance when they shot up the holiday luncheon celebration sponsored by the San Bernardino County Health Department.

According to observers, this was a carefully planned attack. Farook attended the celebration with people he had known for five years as a health technician responsible for inspecting restaurants and pools. During the celebration there apparently erupted a disagreement sufficient to cause Farook to leave in such a rush that he left his coat behind, returning 30 minutes later with his wife, dressed in tactical clothing and carrying semi-automatic rifles, handguns, and a quantity of magazines.

Over the next ten minutes, 31 people were shot and 14 of them were killed. By the time police arrived (in an estimated four minutes after they received the first terrified 911 call), Farook and his wife had left the building. It took police another three hours to hunt them down and kill them in a firefight involving more than 20 officers.

Police said it would take a “long time” to complete their investigation into the matter: Farook’s background, recent activities, his flight to Saudi Arabia earlier this year to retrieve his wife whom he met on the Internet, his religious affiliations, and, finally, his motive.

Some of those questions already have answers as this is being written: Farook was a devout Muslim, according to his father, leaving work several times a day to attend prayers at a local mosque. He and his wife had a six-month old child whom they dropped at relatives for the morning, claiming that one of them had a doctor’s appointment.

President Obama was uncertain whether the shooting was a terrorist attack, but he apparently knew the cause: the easy availability of firearms. And his solution: tighter background checks along with closing another “loophole,” i.e., the one that allows “suspects” on the CIA’s “no-fly” list to buy firearms. The fact that background checks would be an infringement of rights guaranteed under the Second Amendment and would have failed to pick up Farook as he maintained a low profile, or that restricting “suspects” on the “no-fly” list would be illegal without proper Constitutional authority, never entered the president’s conversation. It wouldn’t have impacted Farook as he wasn’t even on the no-fly list when he flew to Saudi Arabia to pick up his new wife.

Farook flew under the radar for the five years while working for the health department, leaving no clues of his murderous intentions. Said Griselda Reisinger, who worked with Farook, “He never struck me as a fanatic. He never struck me as suspicious.”

Only after the fact did those intentions become obvious, concluded a former CIA operative, Robert Baer. The attack on Wednesday “has the hallmarks of what we’ve seen in the Middle East” and was conducted with “a skill you don’t see unless people have had preparation and training.” This was confirmed by San Bernardino Police Chief Jarrod Burguan: “They came prepared to do what they did, as if they were on a mission.”

Nowhere was the question asked, How could the victims have defended themselves? The couple was able to pass background checks when purchasing their weapons, so those checks were worthless.

And the rules for law-abiding citizens to obtain a concealed carry permit in San Bernardino are so onerous as to essentially make obtaining one impossible. The city has instituted a “may issue” rule for the county sheriff, rather than “shall issue,” giving him the freedom to decline issue without comment. An applicant must subject himself to a personal interview, and he or she is only allowed to list three firearms on a permit that must be renewed every two years.

The fees are stout: $254 for fingerprinting, administrative work, and a background check, plus another $100 for the mandatory firearms training course before the permit can be issued. The fees are more than the cost of an inexpensive handgun.

So, thanks to local politicians, innocents who otherwise might have been able to defend themselves died needlessly in the attack.

In an astonishing admission that the “gun-free” mindset that so enamors liberal politicians might be wrong after all, USAToday allowed a most reasonable letter from the publisher of The Truth About Guns blog to be printed. Wrote Robert Farago:

What would [more gun control laws] have done to prevent the slaughter? What would any gun control law do to prevent people from enacting their homicidal plans?... As the French terrorist attacks proved, gun control doesn’t work. Worse, civilian disarmament leaves innocent people defenseless against killers. Gun control enables — rather than prevents — homicide.

Politicians who have decreed that the couple’s victims would be defenseless are at least partly responsible for Wednesday’s grisly results.

Photo of police cars outside the Inland Regional Center: AP Images

A graduate of an Ivy League school and a former investment advisor, Bob is a regular contributor to The New American magazine and blogs frequently at www.LightFromTheRight.com, primarily on economics and politics. He can be reached at badelmann@thenewamerican.com.
Please review our Comment Policy before posting a comment

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/item/22074-san-bernardino-victims-defenseless-in-gun-free-zone?tmpl=component&print=1
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 10:14:23 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #714 on: December 03, 2015, 10:24:30 pm »
You haven't met the civilians of my generation.

Got two working not 25 feet from me right now. Oddly, one is in your line of work.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

« Reply #715 on: December 03, 2015, 10:24:58 pm »

Obama says it’s possible shooting was ‘workplace related’ . . . Giuliani: ‘you’re a moron’
December 3, 2015 | Tom Tillison | 10 comments | Print Article

President Obama said it’s too early to tell whether Wednesday’s shooting in San Bernardino, Calif., was “terrorist-related,” insisting that it’s “possible” that it was workplace related violence.

Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani thinks it’s possible only a “moron” would come up with such a conclusion.

“If you can’t come to a conclusion at this point that this was an act of terror … you’re a moron,” he said early Thursday in an appearance on Fox News.

Keep in mind, the Muslim couple responsible for the attack that killed up to 14 people, Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik, were wearing body armor and carrying assault rifles when they opened fire at a county health department office party at the Inland Regional Center.

And were wearing GoPro cameras when they were killed.

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/12/03/obama-says-its-possible-shooting-was-workplace-related-giuliani-youre-a-moron-280738#ixzz3tIc4xYkj

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #716 on: December 03, 2015, 10:32:18 pm »
Judging by what I was reading here last night one or two of our own here on TBR needed a cattle prod to convince them it was a terrorist act, and not workplace violence. The evidence is overwhelming that it was a planned terrorist attack.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #717 on: December 03, 2015, 10:35:50 pm »
so I can figure the AK about 2k and the hand guns 1k?  so about 6k for the weapons?

I was talking about the ammo but the four guns they had with them could be worth something like that number as well. probably somewhat less than that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
« Reply #718 on: December 03, 2015, 10:44:16 pm »
It was a terrorist act that just happened to occur at the perp's workplace.
The Constitution is not a suggestion.

Offline Carling

« Reply #719 on: December 03, 2015, 11:28:48 pm »
It was a terrorist act that just happened to occur at the perp's workplace.

It actually wasn't at the workplace, though.  It was off-site in a rented conference room.  At least that's the last I heard about the location.

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
« Reply #720 on: December 03, 2015, 11:37:27 pm »
Technically.  Since it was a workplace function, the workplace traveled with them to the conference room.  That's what I meant.
The Constitution is not a suggestion.

Offline Carling

« Reply #721 on: December 03, 2015, 11:50:34 pm »
Technically.  Since it was a workplace function, the workplace traveled with them to the conference room.  That's what I meant.

Got it.  My guess is he knew he'd have some sitting Ducks and he probably scouted out the security of the building after the site was announced as he was planning the attack.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #722 on: December 04, 2015, 12:15:55 am »
I wish just one of those reporters would ask Earnest why Obama approved giving guns to Mexican drug cartels, yet is so vehement about making it more difficult for American citizens to get guns.

I think I finally settled on a position regarding Obama. All three apply. Choose any order, any combination (whatever makes sense to you): Obama is rigidly ideological, actively working against America and incompetent on top of all that.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #723 on: December 04, 2015, 12:18:25 am »

...oh, oh, one more: party animal.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #724 on: December 04, 2015, 12:22:16 am »
I think I finally settled on a position regarding Obama. All three apply. Choose any order, any combination (whatever makes sense to you): Obama is rigidly ideological, actively working against America and incompetent on top of all that.

I agree with the first two but not the last. He has been more successful in undermining America than even he would have dared imagine in 2008.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien