Author Topic: BREAKING: ACTIVE SHOOTER IN SAN BERNARDINO  (Read 37497 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: BREAKING: ACTIVE SHOOTER IN SAN BERNARDINO
« Reply #525 on: December 03, 2015, 03:04:30 am »
This got me thinking. What are qualifications to be a terrorist? I mean, is there a screening process? Do you get an interview? Does senior management take you to lunch, check you out?

You know when the ad reads "...experience with self detonation required," they're not getting the cream of the crop.

Kind of my point too.

Isis blankets Facebook pages with messages looking for people not happy with their employers, teachers, or family. they start to influence.  They start prodding and leading them to do their bidding.

The target of opportunity is not the location they attack, but the opportunity to have an attacker.

In other words, their victory isn't hitting specific targets. Their victory is recruiting people to take action, no matter what the target.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #526 on: December 03, 2015, 03:05:02 am »
I'm concerned about the rise of militant Islam among prisoners - primarily African American -  in our jails and correctional institutions.   These are dangerous sociopaths to begin with and the persecution ideology of radical Islam appeals to that diseased mindset.

There is also a tremendous number of active-duty US Army who practice Islam.  Of course the vast majority are black.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #527 on: December 03, 2015, 03:07:03 am »
There is one thing not consistent with an Islamic terror attack.

These things typically take place in the major cities: New York, London, Paris, Madrid. They involve multiple targets, usually targeting major landmarks. A targeted hit on a single location, in a mid-sized, exurban city, does not fit the usual profile of global Islamic terror.

True.  But it is more consistent with a locally-recruited sleeper cell; individuals who have never received hard-core training overseas and instead have been instructed to hit targets of opportunity that they find.  I believe I recall reading a little news item some time ago that there was a fear that the Americans and Europeans who made their way to Syria and etc were basically being given some rudimentary training and told to go back home and then pick a target and go for it.  Nothing major, just a soft target that the recruits could manage.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #528 on: December 03, 2015, 03:10:18 am »

These things typically take place in the major cities: New York, London, Paris, Madrid. They involve multiple targets, usually targeting major landmarks. A targeted hit on a single location, in a mid-sized, exurban city, does not fit the usual profile of global Islamic terror.
I notice this big time, for there hasn't been very much focus on Lost Angeles, our 2nd largest city. I think the terrorists' point is yes, we can do it there too.

And they certainly have a diverse population within which to mingle. LA is for instance the largest place for Iranians, out side Iran. Not saying this is Iranian, BTW--just portraying the multi-cultural aspect of this huge metro area.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #529 on: December 03, 2015, 03:10:43 am »

You are thinking too small...too limited a pattern. It leaves no room for a new thing.  It's like expecting military tactics to never change, that's how societies lose wars - by fighting the last one.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #530 on: December 03, 2015, 03:13:30 am »
They probably had a driver waiting with the SUV, which would make four total.

The 3rd person who is in custody was the driver.  Reported that he was seen going over fences yard to yard.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #531 on: December 03, 2015, 03:14:42 am »
Doesn't everyone?   :smokin:

I'm beginning to think that maybe we all should.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #532 on: December 03, 2015, 03:14:49 am »
Especially two days after the idiot in the White House informed Americans and the World that Global Warming was a bigger threat to our lives and futures than Islamist Terror.   Did global warming kill 14 innocent souls in San Bernadino today?
How exactly will he explain this episode and glubull warming together?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #533 on: December 03, 2015, 03:14:51 am »
soft target of opportunity.

Open post.

Sorry Islam, you can't have America. Tone down the ordinance and come up with better ideas than the west, maybe then we'll talk.

P.S. When did you stop beating your wives?

Oceander

« Reply #534 on: December 03, 2015, 03:15:27 am »
This got me thinking. What are qualifications to be a terrorist? I mean, is there a screening process? Do you get an interview? Does senior management take you to lunch, check you out?

You know when the ad reads "...experience with self detonation required," they're not getting the cream of the crop.

Are you thinking of applying?  :silly:

/jk

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #535 on: December 03, 2015, 03:16:47 am »
I notice this big time, for there hasn't been very much focus on Lost Angeles, our 2nd largest city. I think the terrorists' point is yes, we can do it there too.

And they certainly have a diverse population within which to mingle. LA is for instance the largest place for Iranians, out side Iran. Not saying this is Iranian, BTW--just portraying the multi-cultural aspect of this huge metro area.

Hell it could happen in Peoria Illinois..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Oceander

« Reply #536 on: December 03, 2015, 03:16:52 am »
They didn't just "not build them correctly."  They forgot to put explosives in the pipes.

And, as someone else pointed out, dummy bombs still make for good diversions, and have the added benefit of not accidentally blowing up in your own face.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #537 on: December 03, 2015, 03:19:44 am »
In this day of social media and 24 hour news cycles, any city can play a story like a major big city. Drive from LA to San Bernardino and you wouldn't know you left one town and entered another except the signs and the time it takes, it is all just one big sprawl. So it is a major media hub.
Second largest metro area in the nation; they had reporters on scene in helicopters in a few minutes.

Offline Carling

« Reply #538 on: December 03, 2015, 03:21:39 am »
So this murderer targeted a Christmas party, and it's just "workplace violence" for some? 

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/suspect-involved-calif-massacre-identified-article-1.2453471

“I haven’t heard anything. He worked in a county office,” Farook's dad told The News. “He’s married and has a kid. We’re estranged because my wife got the divorce, and they are together. She doesn’t want to see me.”

Farook said he hasn’t seen his son in some time.

“He was very religious. He would go to work, come back, go to pray, come back. He’s Muslim.”
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #539 on: December 03, 2015, 03:22:37 am »
I clearly understand your point, sink.
Horrific? Certainly.
Terrorism? Almost certainly.
Jihad sympathizers? Likely.
A formal cell of ISIS or similar? Maybe not.

Perhaps the "trigger" was the fact that the Department offended and insulted Sayd's religion by sponsoring a Christmas celebration and he recruited two other ghouls to avenge that insult to Allah.   He went in to denounce the managers and co-workers for not acceding to his demands.

Who knows?  It could be workplace AND religion related.   14 people are dead because of these assholes and their corrupt religion doubtless DID play a role regardless if they were part of a larger network or not.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #540 on: December 03, 2015, 03:23:03 am »
kevindavis asks above:
"So what is your solution? Kick all of the muslims out?"

In a word.... yes.

Return them to dar al-islam.

Do you understand what that term describes?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #541 on: December 03, 2015, 03:23:23 am »

Syed Farook

Suspect ID'd in San Bernardino Massacre as Syed Farook

Syed Farook is one of three suspected gunmen who attacked a center for the disabled, killing 14 and injuring more on Wednesday.

CORONA, CALIFORNIA — Law enforcement officials have identified Syed Farook as one of the suspected shooters who attacked a center for the disabled in San Bernardino, California, according to NBC News. The Daily Beast has learned that the police have just executed a search warrant at a Redlands, California address—an address that belongs to Farook’s family.

Police pursued a car leaving from the Redlands address, Chief Jarrod Baraugan said at a Wednesday evening press conference. A male and female suspect were inside the car, and both of them have been killed. Both of the suspects were armed with assault rifles and handguns, Baraugan said. Police have apprehended a third man, but have not identified his relation to the attacks yet.

more at:   http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/12/02/police-id-suspect-in-san-bernardino-massacre-as-syed-farook.html

Perp's father said that he is a very devout Muslim.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 03:25:36 am by DCPatriot »

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #542 on: December 03, 2015, 03:23:55 am »
It certainly could have been spurred by some perceived workplace humiliation or slight but the attack on a Christmas celebration - and the enlistment of co-conspirators to conduct the murder - leads me to believe that the perceived "insult" was to the perp's religious demands and the attack on a Christian event merely satisfied a number of pathological grievances. 

I am not fully confident that this story is going to be presented in an unvarnished manner.   The Democrats have far too much political capital invested in their feckless approach to our security priorities.   Events like this can be game changers in Electoral politics and the Dems are up to their asses in appeasement and dereliction of duty.
That was my first reaction. The idea of multiple attacks on our nation here at home, after this many years of Obama drives the point across, that his policies for national security simply have failed.

A seagoing folks might say, we had better batten down the hatches.

Oceander

« Reply #543 on: December 03, 2015, 03:24:24 am »

Syed Farook

Taking a selfie in the mirror.  Doesn't he know how to take a selfie directly with the phone?

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #544 on: December 03, 2015, 03:25:42 am »
kevindavis asks above:
"So what is your solution? Kick all of the muslims out?"

In a word.... yes.

Return them to dar al-islam.

Do you understand what that term describes?

Even American Citizens who are Muslim??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline aligncare

« Reply #545 on: December 03, 2015, 03:26:27 am »
Second largest metro area in the nation; they had reporters on scene in helicopters in a few minutes.

I wonder how long before news organizations give up helicopters for drones? Drones get excellent aerial photography.

The only helicopters I see any more in the sky above New York City are police copters.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #546 on: December 03, 2015, 03:26:59 am »
Goodnight you all!

Thank you flowers, I've been reading through it all to catch up and you have done a great job of updating us!  I appreciate the effort! 

:beer:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Oceander

« Reply #547 on: December 03, 2015, 03:27:13 am »
I wonder how long before news organizations give up helicopters for drones? Drones get excellent aerial photography.

The only helicopters I see any more in the sky above New York City are police copters.

That'll probably take several years of wooing the FAA.  Right now drones give the FAA the vapors.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #548 on: December 03, 2015, 03:27:37 am »
I'm concerned about the rise of militant Islam among prisoners - primarily African American -  in our jails and correctional institutions.   These are dangerous sociopaths to begin with and the persecution ideology of radical Islam appeals to that diseased mindset.
We will be letting them out into our civilian populations, since we lack resources and sense to keep them behind bars.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #549 on: December 03, 2015, 03:27:45 am »
Perhaps the "trigger" was the fact that the Department offended and insulted Sayd's religion by sponsoring a Christmas celebration and he recruited two other ghouls to avenge that insult to Allah.   He went in to denounce the managers and co-workers for not acceding to his demands.

Who knows?  It could be workplace AND religion related.   14 people are dead because of these assholes and their corrupt religion doubtless DID play a role regardless if they were part of a larger network or not.

Agreed.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck