Author Topic: BREAKING: ACTIVE SHOOTER IN SAN BERNARDINO  (Read 37517 times)

Offline kevindavis007

Re: BREAKING: ACTIVE SHOOTER IN SAN BERNARDINO
« Reply #450 on: December 03, 2015, 02:18:09 am »
No, the shooter there had ISIS links on his Facebook page, and one of his few "friends" was an overseas Muslim.

Why are some of you so quick to defend the Death Cult known as Islam?  I don't get it.

I don't defend Islam, I have worked with Muslims here in America and it didn't bother me.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #451 on: December 03, 2015, 02:18:20 am »
One possibility is that terrorists want to make ALL of us afraid, and not just those in big cities.   It could be an expansion of their methods.
But again, a single attack on a single place is not how the global Islamic terror network works. If this had happened in multiple locations, that would be the trademark of an Islamic terror attack.

This has all the hallmarks of an act of retaliation. Islamic terrorists have been known to do that; see, for example, Charlie Hebdo. The question is, what triggered this (not to say that it is justified by any means, because it is certainly not)?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #452 on: December 03, 2015, 02:18:32 am »
"Minor league" sounds a lot like "JV team" and minimizes the terror and horror of what happened today.

Minor leaguers are still professionals.  This is not a major terrorist attack. It was targeted at a small group of people for, likely a very specific reason.

It may be a terrorist attack.  We just don't know yet until we know if Farooq Saeed had threatened to get back at his employers or had been fired or something else.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #453 on: December 03, 2015, 02:19:23 am »
prerecorded

http://radiobackend.appspot.com/serve?recording=p78Lt

peaceful muslims my ass :facepalm2:
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline musiclady

« Reply #454 on: December 03, 2015, 02:19:35 am »
jmyrle wrote above:
"These things typically take place in the major cities: New York, London, Paris, Madrid. They involve multiple targets, usually targeting major landmarks. A targeted hit on a single location, in a mid-sized, exurban city, does not fit the usual profile of global Islamic terror."

Why smaller cities?
Softer, easier targets.
There are hundreds of them and thousands of locations like this one from which to choose.

The "uncertainty" of where you can strike next increases the level of anxiety EVERYwhere.

As we see places like New York and D.C. "toughened", the logical choice is to target "nowheresville", because you can't protect these places.

From the terrorist perspective, this will be critiqued as a highly successful operation.

We're going to see more like it.
Perhaps many more.

Completely agree.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Carling

« Reply #455 on: December 03, 2015, 02:21:03 am »
This has become a charade.  They've got all three perps, they likely know who they are and they know from witnesses who the individual was that walked out of the party after a dispute.   Yet they cannot verify that the guy who walked out wasn't one of the three folks they've killed or captured?

They are trying to find a way to present this to the public that will mitigate the political repercussions of another Islamist terror attack on U.S. soil.

I'm in Portland, OR, so it's early here, but it's getting late on the east coast, and I'm sure the White House will be pulling an all-nighter, minus their lazy and stupid president, to try and spin this as anything other than a terror attack on a Christmas party.   They have about 8 hours to come out with talking points before the morning news programs begin.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 02:21:34 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline aligncare

« Reply #456 on: December 03, 2015, 02:21:32 am »
Is Roseburg, OR a major city, where the shooter was asking his victims their religion, and was shooting Christians?   Notice how that story went away quickly?

Good point.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #457 on: December 03, 2015, 02:21:46 am »
It was a stupid thing to post in the first place.  14 dead is not "minor league" anything, regardless.

Sometimes Sink gets ahead of himself.  He clarified.  Good enough.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #458 on: December 03, 2015, 02:21:58 am »

Minor leaguers are still professionals.  This is not a major terrorist attack. It was targeted at a small group of people for, likely a very specific reason.

It may be a terrorist attack.  We just don't know yet until we know if Farooq Saeed had threatened to get back at his employers or had been fired or something else.

You don't compile pipe bombs for a getaway.   And you sure as hell don't sit in the back seat with an AR-15 strapped to your chest...unless you're planning on hitting another site.

Just something to consider.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #459 on: December 03, 2015, 02:22:04 am »
prerecorded

So what is your solution? Kick all of the Muslims out?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #460 on: December 03, 2015, 02:23:11 am »

You don't compile pipe bombs for a getaway.   And you sure as hell don't sit in the back seat with an AR-15 strapped to your chest...unless you're planning on hitting another site.

Just something to consider.

The police chief clarified in the last news conference that the pipe "bombs" had no explosives in them.  So they were decoys.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #461 on: December 03, 2015, 02:23:58 am »
prerecorded

Have just one question....please indulge me.

Howza come your post spells out the "a" word, but I get  :nono:  ?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #462 on: December 03, 2015, 02:24:34 am »
The police chief clarified in the last news conference that the pipe "bombs" had no explosives in them.  So they were decoys.

Thanks, Sink!   :patriot:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #463 on: December 03, 2015, 02:24:57 am »
One possibility is that terrorists want to make ALL of us afraid, and not just those in big cities.   It could be an expansion of their methods.

In this day of social media and 24 hour news cycles, any city can play a story like a major big city. Drive from LA to San Bernardino and you wouldn't know you left one town and entered another except the signs and the time it takes, it is all just one big sprawl. So it is a major media hub.

« Reply #464 on: December 03, 2015, 02:25:02 am »

Still, earlier the FBI rep was discussing how using pipe bombs during a get away is a tactic from the Middle East.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #465 on: December 03, 2015, 02:26:04 am »
But again, a single attack on a single place is not how the global Islamic terror network works. If this had happened in multiple locations, that would be the trademark of an Islamic terror attack.

This has all the hallmarks of an act of retaliation. Islamic terrorists have been known to do that; see, for example, Charlie Hebdo. The question is, what triggered this (not to say that it is justified by any means, because it is certainly not)?

It seems to me that global Islamic terror takes many forms.   But most importantly, its intent is to terrorize innocent people.  What better way to expand their methods in a country with many small cities and towns than to target a smaller population area?

I also remember that one of the targets post 9/11 was Polaris Mall north of Columbus.  While Columbus is a large city, the area that Polaris is in is not that dissimilar from San Bernardino.   

This doesn't seem that far afield for international terror to me.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #466 on: December 03, 2015, 02:28:23 am »
It seems to me that global Islamic terror takes many forms.   But most importantly, its intent is to terrorize innocent people.  What better way to expand their methods in a country with many small cities and towns than to target a smaller population area?

I also remember that one of the targets post 9/11 was Polaris Mall north of Columbus.  While Columbus is a large city, the area that Polaris is in is not that dissimilar from San Bernardino.   

This doesn't seem that far afield for international terror to me.

To be more honest I'm afraid of ISIS supporters who are American citizens. Mainly the home grown variety.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #467 on: December 03, 2015, 02:29:17 am »
Name of the prime shooter was Sayeed Faroouk.  An American citizen.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #468 on: December 03, 2015, 02:29:51 am »

It certainly could have been spurred by some perceived workplace humiliation or slight but the attack on a Christmas celebration - and the enlistment of co-conspirators to conduct the murder - leads me to believe that the perceived "insult" was to the perp's religious demands and the attack on a Christian event merely satisfied a number of pathological grievances. 

I am not fully confident that this story is going to be presented in an unvarnished manner.   The Democrats have far too much political capital invested in their feckless approach to our security priorities.   Events like this can be game changers in Electoral politics and the Dems are up to their asses in appeasement and dereliction of duty.

Offline flowers

« Reply #469 on: December 03, 2015, 02:30:40 am »
Recorded link of the SUV shoot-out, police scanner audio

===========================

Eye on Politics ‏@EyeOnPolitics 9m9 minutes ago

Police are about to detonate one of the explosive devices. Advising officers to back up/ take cover behind a vehicle. #SanBernardino

« Reply #470 on: December 03, 2015, 02:30:43 am »
Name of the prime shooter was Sayeed Faroouk.  An American citizen.

Does that rule out Islamic terror?  (Who deemed him the "prime shooter"?)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #471 on: December 03, 2015, 02:31:00 am »
In this day of social media and 24 hour news cycles, any city can play a story like a major big city. Drive from LA to San Bernardino and you wouldn't know you left one town and entered another except the signs and the time it takes, it is all just one big sprawl. So it is a major media hub.

Right. 

Similar to the threat at Polaris Mall I mentioned above right after 9/11.   I shop in that Mall, and it certainly scared the wits out of me sitting in the middle of Ohio....

Offline Carling

« Reply #472 on: December 03, 2015, 02:31:37 am »

I don't defend Islam, I have worked with Muslims here in America and it didn't bother me.

I have Muslim friends.  They don't take their faith literally, though.  The one that did refused to let his white American wife who was our college friend associate with us "infidels" after about a year of their marriage, and ended up moving them to Saudi Arabia about 6 years ago after years of them disappearing from everybody's social life, along with their kids.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 02:35:22 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline flowers

« Reply #473 on: December 03, 2015, 02:31:50 am »
6:15 p.m.: NBC News investigative reporter Tom Winter reports that law enforcement sources indicate one suspect may be a man named Sayeed Farook.

Multiple law enforcement sources in multiple agencies tell NBC News that one of the suspects in the San Bernardino shooting is Sayeed Farook

— Tom Winter (@Tom_Winter) December 3, 2015

6:00 p.m.: Adelle Nazarian of Breitbart News notes that CNN analysts say the attack looks like terrorism:

Speaking on CNN’s Out Front with Erin Burnett Wednesday, former CIA case officer Robert Baer said the most “disturbing” aspect of the deadly San Bernardino shooting is that it was carried out using tactics that are employed in the Middle East.

“What I don’t like about this shooting is multiple shooters… IEDs… I say this very reluctantly, but this has the hallmarks of the sort of attacks you see in the Middle East,” Baer said.

Former FBI special agent Robert Chacon agreed with Baer’s assertions later on in the show.

Meanwhile, local NBC News is reporting the progress of the SWAT team in entering the Redlands house of one of the suspects:

DEVELOPING: SWAT vehicle ramming home in Redlands, Calif., near San Bernardino. LIVE: https://t.co/y9ZPtcRopy pic.twitter.com/KLZ08LeW9O

— NBC Nightly News (@NBCNightlyNews) December 3, 2015

« Reply #474 on: December 03, 2015, 02:32:07 am »
It certainly could have been spurred by some perceived workplace humiliation or slight but the attack on a Christmas celebration - and the enlistment of co-conspirators to conduct the murder - leads me to believe that the perceived "insult" was to the perp's religious demands and the attack on a Christian event merely satisfied a number of pathological grievances. 

I am not fully confident that this story is going to be presented in an unvarnished manner.   The Democrats have far too much political capital invested in their feckless approach to our security priorities.   Events like this can be game changers in Electoral politics and the Dems are up to their asses in appeasement and dereliction of duty. 

goopo