Author Topic: Trump Drops 12 Percentage Points in Poll: Reuters/Ipsos  (Read 707 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Trump Drops 12 Percentage Points in Poll: Reuters/Ipsos
« on: November 28, 2015, 02:57:20 am »
Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Trump-Reuters-poll/2015/11/27/id/703720/
Donald Trump's support among Republican voters sank 12 points in less than a week – the biggest drop since the real estate billionaire topped the GOP presidential primary field in July, a new Reuters/Ipsos survey shows.

Trump was the favorite of 31 percent of Republicans in a rolling poll in the five days ended on Nov. 27. That was down from a peak of 43 percent registered on Nov. 22.

Here's how the GOP field stacks up:

Trump: 31 percent
    Ben Carson: 14.9 percent
    Marco Rubio: 8.4 percent
    Ted Cruz: 8.4 percent
    Jeb Bush: 6.5 percent
    Mike Huckabee: 4.8 percent
    John Kasich: 4.5 percent
    Chris Christie: 4.3 percent
    Jim Gilmore: 2.8 percent
    Rand Paul: 2.6 percent
    Carly Fiorina: 1.8 percent
    George Pataki: 1.7 percent
    Rick Santorum: 1.5 percent
    Lindsey Graham: 0.3 percent
    Wouldn't vote: 6.5 percent

Trump's dip follows criticism of Trump for comments he made in the aftermath of the Nov. 13 Paris attacks that killed 130 people and wounded hundreds more.

Following the attacks, Trump told an NBC News reporter that he would support requiring all Muslims within the United States to be registered to a special database, which his critics have likened to the mandatory registration of Jews in Nazi Germany.

Trump has also been criticized for flailing his arms and distorting his speech as he mocked a New York Times reporter, Serge Kovaleski, who is disabled.

Trump mocked the reporter as he defended his unsubstantiated assertion that during the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks on the United States, he watched on television as "thousands and thousands" of people in New Jersey cheered while the World Trade Center fell.

Still, Trump is not the only front-runner to slide in the latest survey.

Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson has seen his poll numbers drift downward and now trails Trump by more than half, with just 15 percent of Republicans polled saying they would vote for him in the same Nov. 27 poll. As recently as late October, Carson trailed Trump by only six points.

Following Carson, Florida Senator Marco Rubio and Texas Senator Ted Cruz are tied for third place, with more than 8 percent each.

Following Rubio and Cruz was former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, with 7 percent.

The five-day rolling average sample size ranged from 464 to 347 respondents between Nov. 22 and Nov. 27, with a credibility interval of 5.2 to 6.1 percentage points.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Trump Drops 12 Percentage Points in Poll: Reuters/Ipsos
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 04:13:51 am »
Here's the poll:
http://polling.reuters.com/#poll/TR130/filters/PARTY_ID_:2/dates/20151113-20151124/type/day

Thanks for the link.  I didn't make any comment on the poll earlier, but Reuters has too much fluctuation from week to week for me to take them seriously.  Trump's line looks like a damn roller coaster.

Offline evadR

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 04:22:22 am »
I thought this comment had been debunked.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 11:16:23 am »
I thought this comment had been debunked.

Yes, the lie – all Muslims "within" the United States – was debunked. Except among haters with an incentive to keep pushing the lie...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 01:06:48 pm »
The fact still remains that in any poll Trump is still ahead.  Most all polls shows the top four as Trump, Cruz, Carson and Rubio.  I don't think that is going to change drastically unless a lot of "dirt" comes out on one them or they start to run out of money. Financially Cruz is very well set next to Trump and Bush.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline evadR

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2015, 01:42:29 pm »
Yes, the lie – all Muslims "within" the United States – was debunked. Except among haters with an incentive to keep pushing the lie...
And then there was the time the Main Slimes edited out half of his remark to make it appear totally different.
They tell so many lies and distortions that it's hard to keep up.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2015, 01:49:22 pm »
And then there was the time the Main Slimes edited out half of his remark to make it appear totally different.
They tell so many lies and distortions that it's hard to keep up.

Those that have been paying attention to the elections since the candidates announced they were running I think for the most part are leaning towards one candidate or another and I don't think the will allow themselves to believe the crap that is starting to air from candidates on one another.

I think instead of the GOP candidates running attack ads on each other they ought to be running an ad in essence stating why the Republican party is more beneficial to them as Americans, what they will bring to the table and why Hillary and Bernie and the Democratic party will continue to destroy this country.  I think running attack ads on each other only hurts the party itself.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline evadR

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2015, 02:42:50 pm »
Those that have been paying attention to the elections since the candidates announced they were running I think for the most part are leaning towards one candidate or another and I don't think the will allow themselves to believe the crap that is starting to air from candidates on one another.

I think instead of the GOP candidates running attack ads on each other they ought to be running an ad in essence stating why the Republican party is more beneficial to them as Americans, what they will bring to the table and why Hillary and Bernie and the Democratic party will continue to destroy this country.  I think running attack ads on each other only hurts the party itself.
Absolutely agree.
However, you have to stand up and fight back against the lies and distortions. Until Trump came along, none of the pubbies would do that except Cruz. And the slimes did everything they could to destroy him.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2015, 02:51:30 pm »
For those of you still reticent about Ben Carson I want you to imagine the stage of the Republican convention, and the crowd reaction, when they bring out the children this man has saved.  And contrast that with Hillary Clinton, whose position on abortion is that the taxpayers should pay for any and all infanticide so long as some portion of the baby's body is in the birth canal.

In poll after poll Carson is our best candidate head-to-head against her heinous, and that, plus my desire to see a citizen president, plus the man's tremendous character, is why I am hopeful about Carson.  I still support Rand Paul, mind you, but Carson is my second choice, followed closely behind by Cruz. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2015, 05:32:04 pm »
For those of you still reticent about Ben Carson I want you to imagine the stage of the Republican convention, and the crowd reaction, when they bring out the children this man has saved.  And contrast that with Hillary Clinton, whose position on abortion is that the taxpayers should pay for any and all infanticide so long as some portion of the baby's body is in the birth canal.

In poll after poll Carson is our best candidate head-to-head against her heinous, and that, plus my desire to see a citizen president, plus the man's tremendous character, is why I am hopeful about Carson.  I still support Rand Paul, mind you, but Carson is my second choice, followed closely behind by Cruz.

I like Rand minus his foreign policy.  He's teetered back and forth on a few issues and that has hurt him.  Him trying to attack some of the other candidates hasn't gained him any popularity either.   It's a shame, but due to financial reasons and him polling in the bottom ranks, I think he'll be dropping out soon.

Offline evadR

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2015, 05:50:32 pm »
I like Rand minus his foreign policy.  He's teetered back and forth on a few issues and that has hurt him.  Him trying to attack some of the other candidates hasn't gained him any popularity either.   It's a shame, but due to financial reasons and him polling in the bottom ranks, I think he'll be dropping out soon.
Good.

I would like to see the field narrow down to the best 4 ASAP.
I would like to see those 4 start attacking her heinous and the entire dim establishment.
I would like to see a moratorium declared on attacking fellow republicans.

I do not think ANY of this will happen.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2015, 07:16:25 pm »
Wow!  I can't stand it. ready to support Bushie or the Traitor. Trump dropped from 1st place to 1st place. Jump ship it is over :smokin:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 07:25:21 pm by Longiron »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2015, 09:09:22 pm »
Good.

I would like to see the field narrow down to the best 4 ASAP.
I would like to see those 4 start attacking her heinous and the entire dim establishment.
I would like to see a moratorium declared on attacking fellow republicans.

I do not think ANY of this will happen.

Well, IMHO technically the GOP field has been narrowed down to 4; Trump, Cruz, Carson and Rubio.  Those are the only 4 that are by most polls, currently polling double digits -- the rest are going to find it difficult to catch up, especially financially (except Bush).

I could agree more, that they need to quit attacking each other and attack the left with full vengeance AND in doing so, spell out what they will bring to the presidency that is better.