Author Topic: 'Active shooter' reported at US family planning clinic  (Read 5661 times)

Offline Paladin

Re: 'Active shooter' reported at US family planning clinic
« Reply #150 on: November 28, 2015, 09:59:01 PM »
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Oceander

« Reply #151 on: November 28, 2015, 10:10:26 PM »
Dear me (probably something I should avoid saying for the time being).  :silly:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #152 on: November 29, 2015, 06:33:15 AM »
Why is he referred to as "she" and "her" on the genealogy?

Government records are never the best. I am referred to as Ms. on my blood donor records, and am magically 10 years younger on my damned passport! The second is awkward and I've tried correcting it each time the passport gets renewed, to no avail.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • �It�s easier to fool people than to convince them
« Reply #153 on: November 29, 2015, 08:36:30 AM »
“A society does not ever die ‘from natural causes’, but always dies from suicide or murder – and nearly always from the former….”
    ― Arnold Joseph Toynbee’s A Study of History.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #154 on: November 29, 2015, 08:58:58 AM »
Government records are never the best. I am referred to as Ms. on my blood donor records, and am magically 10 years younger on my damned passport! The second is awkward and I've tried correcting it each time the passport gets renewed, to no avail.

How about having a certified copy of your birth certificate with you and saying to the man behind the counter..."And I'm not leaving this place until a get a corrected passport"?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Whatever you're doing today, do it with all the confidence of a four-year-old wearing a Batman tee-shirt.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #155 on: November 29, 2015, 09:07:07 AM »
Tried that in 2004 - took in my birth cert, military ID, driving licence (all of which were checked, photocopied etc) - they STILL gave me a passport with the date that's on file with them. Once a gov dept makes a mistake, they won't change it.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline aligncare

« Reply #156 on: November 29, 2015, 09:33:38 AM »
Tried that in 2004 - took in my birth cert, military ID, driving licence (all of which were checked, photocopied etc) - they STILL gave me a passport with the date that's on file with them. Once a gov dept makes a mistake, they won't change it.  :shrug:

...it's called double-down stupidity. Or, as the government training manual for new hires calls it: "doing your job."

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
    • The Conservative Fist
« Reply #157 on: November 29, 2015, 03:02:16 PM »
Let's see, we have an anonymous 'law enforcement' source claiming he made a statement of 'no more baby parts', then the AG of the DOJ adamantly insists this was politically motivated (read: right-wingers), yet all that seems inconsistent with the timeline of events and what we know about Dear himself.

They don't even need an incident any more. Just a close call incident that they can write the narrative from.
The Conservative Fist: https://twitter.com/arguedpolitics - follow me and I'll follow you.

Offline ABX

• Technical
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #158 on: November 29, 2015, 04:31:54 PM »
Well well... some possible online postings by him have been found and unlike what the left wants to admit, it doesn't seem he was anything like a pro-life champion, but instead, a pot smoking nut. (disclaimer, there is a chance these may not be him, often the media is too quick to jump on fake accounts made after the fact)

'We are in the end times': The paranoid online ramblings of Colorado Planned Parenthood shooter who ranted about the apocalypse and quoted from the Bible... while seeking sadomasochistic sex

....ince his 2000 divorce, Dear seems to have become a loner who lived a quiet life - but he appears to have been much more aggressive online - seeking bondage and sadomasochistic sex online and companions to smoke marijuana with.

He also appears to have posted a series of Biblical ramblings on the message boards of Cannabis.com ten years ago under a username apparently linked to Dear.

The New York Daily News reported that, in December 2005, the user posted 'aids, hurricanes, we are in the end times' and 'accept the LORD JESUS while you can.'....

...And an online advert posted under Dear's pseudonym asked for bondage and sadomasochistic sex and company to smoke marijuana.

A page on the adult dating site SexyAds.com lists 'BDSM' and 'casual sex' sought by a man matching Dear's description.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3338454/We-end-times-paranoid-online-ramblings-Colorado-Planned-Parenthood-shooter-ranted-apocalypse-quoted-Bible-seeking-sadomasochistic-sex.html#ixzz3sv0cTFsi

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #159 on: November 29, 2015, 06:27:05 PM »
"Because men have lost the objective basis of certainty of knowledge of the thing in which they are working, more and more I fear we are going to find them manipulating science according to their own sociological or political desires rather than standing upon concrete objectivity." Francis A. Schaeffer

Offline Paladin

« Reply #160 on: November 29, 2015, 06:29:44 PM »
Interesting observation from a FB page:

"
--"Planned Parenthood officials say that all 15 staff members who were in the Centennial Boulevard clinic at the time of the shootings on Friday are unharmed."--

It is hard to get facts about what happened.
 Why is it labeled a Planned Parenthood shooting when the people at/in Planned Parenthood weren't shot?

The story isn't clear yet, but it seems like he went in there & shot OUT at people.
 Were the killed & wounded shot before he went in PP or after?

Matt wrote - "They call it a Planned Parenthood attack when the gunman went into the PP facility and fired outward at ranges up to 300 yards. No one inside the PP building was hurt. But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of the narrative."
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #161 on: November 30, 2015, 01:20:00 AM »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
    • The Conservative Fist
« Reply #162 on: November 30, 2015, 01:24:51 AM »
The Conservative Fist: https://twitter.com/arguedpolitics - follow me and I'll follow you.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #163 on: November 30, 2015, 06:42:35 AM »
"Because men have lost the objective basis of certainty of knowledge of the thing in which they are working, more and more I fear we are going to find them manipulating science according to their own sociological or political desires rather than standing upon concrete objectivity." Francis A. Schaeffer

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #164 on: November 30, 2015, 07:34:30 AM »
We are in the end times': The paranoid online ramblings of Colorado Planned Parenthood shooter who ranted about the apocalypse and quoted from the Bible... while seeking sadomasochistic sex

*Robert Dear, 57, allegedly burst into the clinic in Colorado Springs on Friday and opened fire, killing three people

*Dear's ex-wife, Pamela Ross, said he was once a happily married family man who lived with her and their son in South Carolina
    But after their divorce, he appears to have posted apocalyptic rants online and sought sadomasochistic sex and pot-smoking companions

*In December 2005, a user linked to Dear wrote 'aids, hurricanes, we are in the end times' and 'accept the LORD JESUS while you can'

*Ross said that Dear believed abortion was wrong, but 'it was never really a topic of discussion'

*Planned Parenthood say evidence backs suspicions he is anti-abortionist

*Police plan to charge Dear with terrorism; anti-abortionist Republican Mike Huckabee called Dear a 'terrorist' in an interview

*Locals told Daily Mail Online that Dear moved to a remote cabin in Colorado a year ago and kept himself to himself

By Ruth Styles In Hartsel, Colorado For Dailymail.com and Khaleda Rahman For Dailymail.com
Published: 13:48 EST, 29 November 2015 | Updated: 17:46 EST, 29 November 2015

Full story at Daily Mail (U.K.)
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #165 on: November 30, 2015, 09:04:01 AM »
Well, if I had to speculate, I'd say maybe there's no way he can be passed off as an patriotic conservative, Republican, Christian pro-lifer.  :pondering:

And just as important...the fact that one of the shooting victims is a police officer, and Colorado has no death penalty....they won't be playing "Let's Make a Deal" for him to change his story.

...unless it's a promise to keep him 'safe' inside.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Whatever you're doing today, do it with all the confidence of a four-year-old wearing a Batman tee-shirt.

Offline flowers

« Reply #166 on: November 30, 2015, 10:41:45 AM »

Offline flowers

« Reply #167 on: November 30, 2015, 10:45:33 AM »
I noticed yesterday Cnn paid tribute to the dead policeman. I don't remember them doing that for  the cops who where murdered around the country this year. Only now when it may involve PP.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 10:48:26 AM by flowers »

Offline Millee

« Reply #168 on: November 30, 2015, 10:56:54 AM »
And just as important...the fact that one of the shooting victims is a police officer, and Colorado has no death penalty....they won't be playing "Let's Make a Deal" for him to change his story.

...unless it's a promise to keep him 'safe' inside.

Colorado does have the death penalty for now, but we have a feckless governor who won't carry out the executions.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf