Author Topic: Ann Coulter-"Too bad Cruz isn't a Natural Born Citizen"  (Read 3373 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Ann Coulter-"Too bad Cruz isn't a Natural Born Citizen"
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2015, 03:15:45 am »
This is so much like the Obama birtherism bullshit.

Why do seemingly intelligent people get down in the mud with this crap?  It makes no sense to me. People point at them, laugh at them, throw peanuts at them.

But NOBODY takes them seriously.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 03:16:15 am by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2015, 03:26:45 am »
And what in the Constitution expressly prohibits Ted Cruz from receiving birthright citizenship?

You do not "receive" birthright citizenship! You either have it or you don't!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2015, 03:28:17 am »

HE has it.  Through his mother.

And I say that as somebody who has absolutely no use for Ted Cruz.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2015, 03:28:19 am »
This is so much like the Obama birtherism bullshit.

Why do seemingly intelligent people get down in the mud with this crap?  It makes no sense to me. People point at them, laugh at them, throw peanuts at them.

But NOBODY takes them seriously.

Careful; let's not poke too much fun at the monkeys in the circus, else we're likely to get some poo thrown at us!

:silly:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2015, 03:29:53 am »
"So YOU say" - such a wonderful comeback.

Fascinating how you, like way too many other "conservatives" and republicans, is so willing to assist the democrats to continue owning the White House because of your imaginary principles.

Fascinating how anyone who dares disagree with you is automatically a subversive!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2015, 03:32:59 am »
If you do not receive it, it does not exist. Now you're getting into existential silliness. And you still didn't answer my question.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2015, 03:38:43 am »
If you do not receive it, it does not exist. Now you're getting into existential silliness. And you still didn't answer my question.

Here is what the Constitution says verbatim:

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States.

And nothing has happened to change a word of that!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2015, 03:46:24 am »
From the great one himself; Mark Levin:

Put It To Rest: Yes, Ted Cruz Is a Natural Born Citizen

Over the last few days, a new group of birthers has started to harass me — and most of them are Trump supporters. The target of these new birthers? Ted Cruz, the senator from Texas.

These people tell me that Cruz is ineligible to be president because he’s supposedly not a “natural born citizen.” When I then ask these folks why that is, they point to the Constitution, which says only a “natural born citizen” can become president.

Great. However, that doesn’t actually answer my question. The Constitution states that only a “natural born citizen” can become president, but doesn’t actually explain what that is exactly.

However, the founding fathers did explain what they meant by it, and there are several statutes that explain it further. The point being: a natural born citizen is anyone born of an American parent, providing that the parent spent a certain amount of years in the United States as an adult.

Ted Cruz’s mother has lived in the U.S. for most of her life — both before and after Ted was born. As such, Ted is a natural born citizen, even though his mother gave birth in Canada.

Don’t believe me? Just listen to this audio clip from Mark Levin.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2015/11/13/put-it-to-rest-yes-ted-cruz-is-a-natural-born-citizen/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2015, 03:52:05 am »
Of course not. Yet you still have not addressed why Ted Cruz is supposedly not a natural born citizen even though he was born a citizen of the U.S. Nothing in the Constitution prohibits those born outside the United States from being a natural born citizen. The Constitution grants Congress power "To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization" (I.8.iv). Under Congressional law, persons born to American citizens, under the vast majority of circumstances (including Cruz's), are also natural born American citizens.

In your words, "And nothing has happened to change a word of that!"
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2015, 03:56:47 am »
Of course not. Yet you still have not addressed why Ted Cruz is supposedly not a natural born citizen even though he was born a citizen of the U.S. Nothing in the Constitution prohibits those born outside the United States from being a natural born citizen. The Constitution grants Congress power "To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization" (I.8.iv). Under Congressional law, persons born to American citizens, under the vast majority of circumstances (including Cruz's), are also natural born American citizens.

In your words, "And nothing has happened to change a word of that!"

[[[Sigh!]]]  :shrug:

We have have had this discussion before at great length and I'm not about to re do it again here.

Anyone who wants to know the facts can read the thread at the link below!

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,178461.msg702503.html#msg702503
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 04:00:50 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2015, 04:17:37 am »
[[[Sigh!]]]  :shrug:

We have have had this discussion before at great length and I'm not about to re do it again here.

Anyone who wants to know the facts can read the thread at the link below!

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,178461.msg702503.html#msg702503

I'm going back and forth between previous posts and current posts ... so I am gathering that you agree that Cruz is not a natural born citizen and therefore does not meet the qualifications to become president?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.