Author Topic: Another Day, Another Racial Hoax In Obama’s “Radically Transformed” America  (Read 252 times)

rangerrebew

Another Day, Another Racial Hoax In Obama’s “Radically Transformed” America

V. Saxena
October 31, 2015

After Dorothy Bland, dean of the journalism school at the University of North Texas, got stopped while walking in the middle of the road last Saturday, she penned a column for The Dallas Morning News in which she accused local officers of picking on her for “walking while black“:

I often walk about 3 miles near daybreak as part of my daily exercise. However, on Oct. 24, I delayed my walk until late morning as I waited for the rain to stop. I was dressed in a gray hooded “Boston” sweatshirt, black leggings, white socks, plus black-and-white Nike running shoes. Like most African-Americans, I am familiar with the phrase “driving while black,” but was I really being stopped for walking on the street in my own neighborhood?

Yes. In the words of Sal Ruibal, “Walking while black is a crime in many jurisdictions. May God have mercy on our nation.”

In a response for the same paper written soon after, Corinth Police Chief Debra Walthall refuted Bland’s egregious allegation:

My officers, a field training officer and his recruit, observed Ms. Bland walking in the roadway wearing earbuds and unaware that there was a pickup truck directly behind her that had to almost come to a complete stop to avoid hitting her.

The driver of the truck looked at the officers as they passed and held his hands in the air, which implied “aren’t you going to do something about this?” The officers turned around and drove behind Ms. Bland.

They activated their in-car video camera, which shows her again walking in the roadway impeding traffic. They activated their emergency lights — no siren was ever sounded — they exited their patrol vehicle and contacted Ms. Bland.

They immediately advised Ms. Bland about the pickup truck and the fact that it was safer for her to walk against traffic so she could see the cars and jump out of the way if necessary. The interaction between Ms. Bland and the officers was very cordial and brief.

Walthall also released the following dashcam footage:

So to summarize, after Dorothy Bland got pulled aside for a legitimate reason and then sent on her way, she threw a hissy fit because the cops had engaged in the most atrocious of social-justice faux pas — pulling someone over who’s black:

Faux Pas

FYI, I got pulled aside a few years ago while jogging at night in a hoodie. After I explained myself to Raleigh’s upstanding police officers and showed them my ID, I was permitted to continue jogging.

Yeah, believe or not, but black people are not the only ones who sometimes get pulled aside for walking/jogging/whatever either in the middle of the road or in the middle of the night …

What a thought, right!?

http://downtrend.com/vsaxena/another-racial-hoax
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 03:12:40 pm by rangerrebew »