Author Topic: Letter from RNC Chairman Reince Priebus to NBC News  (Read 6972 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Letter from RNC Chairman Reince Priebus to NBC News
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2015, 03:14:13 pm »
Let's see...Reince has been the longest serving chairman of the RNC.  He is a RINO. I haven't contributed to the RNC since he was elected as he has done absolutely nothing to benefit conservatives.  Perhaps he's realizing that the GOPe is in trouble and there is no denying the Bush is slipping in the polls.  If it weren't for Trump and Carson demanding a shorter debate time and Cruz calling out the moderators for attacking the candidates to demean the Republican party; Reince would continue to do nothing.

As for Bush.  I'm afraid he's in for the long haul.  He's simply waiting in the background waiting for other candidates who don't have his kind of money to drop out.  He is nothing more than a despicable RINO and his last debate performance spoke volumes.  He was the only one that seemed to be on the "attack" of the other candidates. He certainly isn't climbing in the polls on his record that's for sure..pitiful.  Absolutely pitiful.

I was a charter member of the RNC (lapel pins and all that rot) for many years but several years ago I left and contribute not a dime these days.  I recieved a phone call from Reince himself asking me what my problem was and what could he do to correct it to which I responded "get some of the legislation we have been promised for years actually passed into law and then call me back." 

Haven't heard a word from him since.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 03:15:36 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2015, 03:17:29 pm »
The RNC PAYS for these debates.  Did you know that?  The campaigns are not going to pay for them.  So the RNC will be involved, unless Trump wants to pay for the next one.

And if the RNC were smart and sharp negotiators, they would work it so the RNC gets paid money from the network for the right to carry the show. Remember, the debate is the attraction that commands the increased ad revenue (big bucks) for the news network.

Let Trump in the negotiations and he'll make it work for the RNC instead of against it.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2015, 03:19:53 pm »
And if the RNC were smart and sharp negotiators, they would work it so the RNC gets paid money from the network for the right to carry the show. Remember, the debate is the attraction that commands the increased ad revenue (big bucks) for the news network.

As some of us have not so gently suggested to them for YEARS!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2015, 03:20:34 pm »

Let Trump in the negotiations and he'll make it work for the RNC instead of against it.

There's no doubt he could do that!

:thumbsup:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online libertybele

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2015, 03:28:08 pm »
I was a charter member of the RNC (lapel pins and all that rot) for many years but several years ago I left and contribute not a dime these days.  I recieved a phone call from Reince himself asking me what my problem was and what could he do to correct it to which I responded "get some of the legislation we have been promised for years actually passed into law and then call me back." 

Haven't heard a word from him since.

:amen:  Good for you.  When I have received requests from the RNC for money I always respond with a "short but sweet" letter as to why I will not contribute.  Never once have I gotten a response, but the requests for donations eventually stopped. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2015, 03:30:18 pm »
There's no doubt he could do that!

:thumbsup:

Exactly. The worst his sharpest critics accuse Trump of is being a "sharp operator." I don't see that as a negative in the right president with the right intentions and the right mind set.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2015, 03:43:56 pm »
Let's see...Reince has been the longest serving chairman of the RNC.  He is a RINO. I haven't contributed to the RNC since he was elected as he has done absolutely nothing to benefit conservatives.  Perhaps he's realizing that the GOPe is in trouble and there is no denying the Bush is slipping in the polls.  If it weren't for Trump and Carson demanding a shorter debate time and Cruz calling out the moderators for attacking the candidates to demean the Republican party; Reince would continue to do nothing.

As for Bush.  I'm afraid he's in for the long haul.  He's simply waiting in the background waiting for other candidates who don't have his kind of money to drop out.  He is nothing more than a despicable RINO and his last debate performance spoke volumes.  He was the only one that seemed to be on the "attack" of the other candidates. He certainly isn't climbing in the polls on his record that's for sure..pitiful.  Absolutely pitiful.

Not true.  Haley Barbour served as RNC chairman longer than Priebus has.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2015, 03:47:08 pm »

And has MUCH to account for IMHO!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 04:50:00 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2015, 03:49:37 pm »

Haley Barbour was another promising, but ultimately disappointing, RNC chair.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2015, 03:57:41 pm »
Haley Barbour was another promising, but ultimately disappointing, RNC chair.

Under Haley, the GOP took back the House for the first time in 40 years along with the Senate. 

That's not nothing, except to the unappeasable absolutists, who despise anybody who doesn't agree with them a hundred percent.

Yet they can't get anybody from their faction elected to anything because they're so friggin' weird (i.e., Louie Gohmert).
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2015, 04:01:39 pm »
Under Haley, the GOP took back the House for the first time in 40 years along with the Senate. 

That's not nothing, except to the unappeasable absolutists, who despise anybody who doesn't agree with them a hundred percent.

Yet they can't get anybody from their faction elected to anything because they're so friggin' weird (i.e., Louie Gohmert).

Haley Barbour's crew ran Rick Perry's campaign this year!  Didn't work out all that well did it?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Longiron

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2015, 04:33:40 pm »
sinkspur wrote:
"The RNC PAYS for these debates.  Did you know that?  The campaigns are not going to pay for them.  So the RNC will be involved, unless Trump wants to pay for the next one."

You know, that's a very good idea.

Let Trump (with help from at least some of the other candidates) hire Mark Levin, Rush Limbaugh and Michael Savage to be moderators, buy some TV time, and perhaps we can have a REAL debate about the future of the Republican party and conservatism put before the American people!

TRUMP can easily pay, organize, promote this and has the know how for this and MAKE a profit and will donate it to the Veterans?? If he does it the moderators  ( Levin, Hannity, Rush,, Whittle, Savage, Laura Ingham, Big Mouth O Reilly, or some others conservatives) will ask questions only and the candidates will get enough time to answer for sure. TRUMP and Carson, Cruz and a few others are having a meeting about this and will be interesting what comes out of it. They could STREAM It and have no TV or cable networks involved ? Lot of options that do NOT include the RNC the subsidiary of the BUSH Political Company. :patriot:
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 04:34:58 pm by Longiron »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2015, 04:46:12 pm »
:amen:  Good for you.  When I have received requests from the RNC for money I always respond with a "short but sweet" letter as to why I will not contribute.  Never once have I gotten a response, but the requests for donations eventually stopped.

Same here.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2015, 04:55:03 pm »
Sure, it's a good idea for Trump to pay for this, negotiate this, organize this. Sure it is. The othe candidates would willingly defer and allow Trump to do that. Sure they would. The media would have no issue or commentary about it. It would not get criticized by the pundits.

Sure
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline aligncare

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2015, 05:18:44 pm »
Sure, it's a good idea for Trump to pay for this, negotiate this, organize this. Sure it is. The othe candidates would willingly defer and allow Trump to do that. Sure they would. The media would have no issue or commentary about it. It would not get criticized by the pundits.

Sure

The media is back on its heels after the massacre at wounded CNBC. Now's a good time to shake things up.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2015, 06:40:25 pm »
The media is back on its heels after the massacre at wounded CNBC. Now's a good time to shake things up.

Excellent time to shake things up including FOX News. They will be at it again if the candidates do not do something ?  :chairbang:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2015, 05:25:47 am »
you can't think of a single good thing to say about a guy that has been the front-runner for the whole race.   **nononono*

I can think of one thing.  He ain't Hitlery.

Online GourmetDan

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2015, 03:04:18 pm »
Excellent time to shake things up including FOX News. They will be at it again if the candidates do not do something ?

Sure they will... Megyn Kelly of Faux News is the one who got the current sitcom started in the first place...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2015, 03:15:41 pm »
sinkspur wrote:
Let Trump (with help from at least some of the other candidates) hire Mark Levin, Rush Limbaugh and Michael Savage to be moderators, buy some TV time, and perhaps we can have a REAL debate about the future of the Republican party and conservatism put before the American people! 

To be fair and balanced, how about Levin, Limbaugh and Savage moderate the next Democrat debate?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2015, 04:35:14 pm »
To be fair and balanced, how about Levin, Limbaugh and Savage moderate the next Democrat debate?

Capital idea!