Author Topic: Trump Tweets Insult to Iowans After Drop to Second in Polls  (Read 6577 times)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Trump Tweets Insult to Iowans After Drop to Second in Polls
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2015, 04:55:33 pm »
"most polls"?  You mean polls of self-identified conservatives?  The traditional conservative is a dying breed in the US, so 51% of a tiny minority bears no relationship to how the rest of the population feels.

No, I mean polls of likely Republican voters.  He has held the lead almost from the beginning.  Are you saying all of the other voters that don't favor him are going to coalesce into one monolithic voting block?  That they're just not going to vote?

Or maybe they will swallow hard and pull the lever for the last man standing - like I have had to do many times?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Oceander

« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2015, 04:56:57 pm »
No, I mean polls of likely Republican voters.  He has held the lead almost from the beginning.  Are you saying all of the other voters that don't favor him are going to coalesce into one monolithic voting block?  That they're just not going to vote?

Or maybe they will swallow hard and pull the lever for the last man standing - like I have had to do many times?

"Likely republican voters" doesn't capture the entire voting population.  Getting 51% of republicans doesn't mean jack-sh*t if he gets 1% of everyone else.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2015, 05:28:41 pm »

"Likely republican voters" doesn't capture the entire voting population.  Getting 51% of republicans doesn't mean jack-sh*t if he gets 1% of everyone else.

What GOP candidate do you think would generate the most crossover votes?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline evadR

« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2015, 05:51:23 pm »
I'm sure Dr. Carson made a huge hit with the corn folks and his 30% corn fuel but that crap won't even start a lawnmower. Corn fuel should be banned, along with the oil subsidies.
Very disappointing.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.