Author Topic: Trump Tweets Insult to Iowans After Drop to Second in Polls  (Read 6549 times)

Offline kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Oceander

Re: Trump Tweets Insult to Iowans After Drop to Second in Polls
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2015, 02:18:39 am »

MeshugeMikey

Don't know him.  At least not under that moniker.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2015, 02:20:39 am »
Don't know him.  At least not under that moniker.

Maybe if read the post better..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Oceander

« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2015, 02:22:26 am »

Maybe if read the post better..

Hmmm.  I think I figured it out.  Machiavelli posted the remark about his good friend, which made it into my quote of his post.

No worries!

Oceander

« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2015, 02:26:19 am »

Looks like your friend has been banned from FR..

Are they having another purge over there?  Or did he just step particularly hard on certain too-tender toes?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2015, 03:02:37 am »

What will happen if we don't have our blue hall passes ;)

You'll have to stay after school and write on the board: "I will not criticize Trump supporters" 100 times.   :dx1:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2015, 03:17:31 am »
OK, I'll give you one. non-Trump supporters being referred to as "The Usual Suspects" on another thread. Posted today by who?   You.

From my POV, was being kind using "usual suspects".

I could have been more direct by using "anti-Trump circle-jerkers"

You know....our own little gang of 8, who get sexually aroused whenever they get together bad-mouthing Donald Trump.

The other day, when they were getting all hot and sweaty, I poured cold water on them by asking one simple question.   Which, ironically, nobody seems to have the cajones to answer.

Give me ONE name of any current GOP candidate whose personality and courage could whup Hillary's a$$?

...not holding my breath waiting for one of them to step up.    :whistle:

....and BTW...I'm stone-cold sober and straight right now.   :laugh:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 03:18:45 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2015, 03:33:32 am »

You know....our own little gang of 8, who get sexually aroused whenever they get together bad-mouthing Donald Trump.

The other day, when they were getting all hot and sweaty, I poured cold water on them by asking one simple question.   Which, ironically, nobody seems to have the cajones to answer.

Give me ONE name of any current GOP candidate whose personality and courage could whup Hillary's a$$?

It is my belief that any of the GOP candidates except Trump can beat Hillary.  My guy now is Marco Rubio.  He has youth, charisma, and brains.

Now I have to get back to masturbating to the picture of Trump's head on a spike.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2015, 03:40:51 am »
It is my belief that any of the GOP candidates except Trump can beat Hillary.  My guy now is Marco Rubio.  He has youth, charisma, and brains.

Now I have to get back to masturbating to the picture of Trump's head on a spike.

I'm not confident any of them, including Trump, stands a chance against the Clintons in a sordid 21st century America.  I like Rubio, if he gets vocal, controversial and captures the cameras he might do alright - but he disappears for long periods of time.  You can't possibly believe Jeb Bush could win...if you could have less than zero chance, he would.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2015, 03:41:13 am »

:laugh:

And that's for the Marco Rubio remark. 
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 03:41:59 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2015, 04:06:07 am »
If every Republican votes for the eventual nominee, I don't think it would be enough to achieve victory as I believe there are more Democrats registered to vote, not counting the illegals, fictitious cartoon characters and dead people that will vote for Hillary. 

Our nominee is going to have to be someone that can get some crossover votes and have the spine to fight back if there is a suspicion of cheating - and they will cheat! 

People can play their little reindeer games all they want and ridicule Trump and some of his supporters - but they may have to vote for him if he ends up being the nominee and we will need every vote - do you really think it's a good idea to be so very very critical of him - just giving fodder for the other side?  Shouldn't we be building up OUR candidates, rather than tearing them down?  I understand that Trump evokes strong feelings - but I think you might want to start thinking that he could end up the nominee. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2015, 04:23:22 am »
People can play their little reindeer games all they want and ridicule Trump and some of his supporters - but they may have to vote for him if he ends up being the nominee and we will need every vote - do you really think it's a good idea to be so very very critical of him - just giving fodder for the other side?  Shouldn't we be building up OUR candidates, rather than tearing them down?  I understand that Trump evokes strong feelings - but I think you might want to start thinking that he could end up the nominee.

You may have to vote for Bush.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2015, 04:29:41 am »

I'll vote for the nominee. 

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2015, 04:45:15 am »

I may...I will vote for the nominee, if it's Bush I will do so knowing he will lose. He has no chance at all to be elected, I can't believe there is a Republican anywhere that doesn't see that...it's so blatantly obvious no one could miss it.  But the Republican establishment has shown that they are either corrupt or stupid or both for quite some time now.  Perhaps they don't care if they win, as long as they can fleece some donors.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2015, 05:04:16 am »

The problem is you asked for "ONE name".   Anyone of the top 5 can beat Hillary, I have no doubt. As long as that candidate doesn't beat himself with making inappropriate comments at the wrong time, and only one of the top 5 I can think of is highly capable of doing that.

Hillary loses to all GOP candidates in new poll

http://nypost.com/2015/10/13/hillary-loses-to-all-gop-candidates-in-new-poll/

quote from Oct 13 article, "In hypothetical 2016 matchups with top-tier Republicans, Clinton trails all the Republicans tested. She trails Ben Carson by 11 points and Donald Trump by 5 points. Jeb Bush has a 4-point edge over Clinton, while Carly Fiorina is up by 3 points."
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 05:09:23 am by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2015, 05:21:19 am »
I'll vote for the nominee.
Me too. :beer:
and a raised glass to Scottftlc  :beer:
Whoever the nominee is...they will be better than Hillary.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2015, 11:13:59 am »

The problem is you asked for "ONE name".   Anyone of the top 5 can beat Hillary, I have no doubt. As long as that candidate doesn't beat himself with making inappropriate comments at the wrong time, and only one of the top 5 I can think of is highly capable of doing that.

Hillary loses to all GOP candidates in new poll

http://nypost.com/2015/10/13/hillary-loses-to-all-gop-candidates-in-new-poll/

quote from Oct 13 article, "In hypothetical 2016 matchups with top-tier Republicans, Clinton trails all the Republicans tested. She trails Ben Carson by 11 points and Donald Trump by 5 points. Jeb Bush has a 4-point edge over Clinton, while Carly Fiorina is up by 3 points."

That poll is a snapshot of this moment in time, late October. Clinton's brigade of soulless ghouls have yet to take aim at our candidate. When they do, the question remains. Who will effectively fight back the hoards of political assassins? Especially those vampires in the media. I believe there is really only one candidate that has proven he can do that.

(Like the seasonal references? Just came to me  :whistle:)

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2015, 11:30:39 am »

As long as non-liberals go vote.....
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 11:31:09 am by EdinVA »

Online libertybele

« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2015, 12:22:01 pm »
If every Republican votes for the eventual nominee, I don't think it would be enough to achieve victory as I believe there are more Democrats registered to vote, not counting the illegals, fictitious cartoon characters and dead people that will vote for Hillary. 

Our nominee is going to have to be someone that can get some crossover votes and have the spine to fight back if there is a suspicion of cheating - and they will cheat! 

:amen:   :patriot:   :patriot:   :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2015, 12:37:51 pm »

Exactly, AW!

Crossover voters are the key.  Donald Trump is priming them left and right. 

He fully understands that the so-called principled 'Conservatives' may be staying home and he's like the ant vs. the grasshopper....storing up possible followers before 'winter'.  Inferring GWB isn't above criticism is political genius.

There are many, many Democrats who may not vote for Hillary Clinton.  Trumps going after them.

And he will absolutely destroy Hillary Clinton in a debate.  Can YOU imagine?

They should have it on pay-per-view.

Oceander

« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2015, 04:01:15 pm »
Donald Trump isn't getting cross-over voters.  He's getting a lot of mindless conservatives all wound up like a mob; that won't carry over to a general election.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2015, 04:38:01 pm »

.....He's getting a lot of mindless conservatives all wound up like a mob; that won't carry over to a general election.

That sentence alone perfectly describes the 5 million Conservatives that stayed home in 2012, rather than vote for Romney.

THEY are to blame for the present situation in which the USA....hell, the state of GLOBAL affairs today.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 04:38:43 pm by DCPatriot »

Oceander

« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2015, 04:43:48 pm »
That sentence alone perfectly describes the 5 million Conservatives that stayed home in 2012, rather than vote for Romney.

THEY are to blame for the present situation in which the USA....hell, the state of GLOBAL affairs today.

So they'll go vote for someone whom very few non-committed voters will vote for?  That's not a winning alternative.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2015, 04:50:33 pm »
Donald Trump isn't getting cross-over voters.  He's getting a lot of mindless conservatives all wound up like a mob; that won't carry over to a general election.

Oceander, can you provide some statistics to back that up?  Not doubting you, I see conflicting information - that Trump has the support of 25% of blacks and pretty good support of Hispanics (legal) - plus, I would think his celebrity status from his TV shows would pull in some support from the general LIV public. 

I know he is popular with a conservative tea party demographic, but not all of them are enamored by him.  I don't think one could rely on his support on Free Republic to lump all conservatives in that group.  I think one could say he has very broad support among people who are repulsed by our current government. 

But again, you keep saying he doesn't have crossover appeal and his supporters are crybaby take-my-toys-out-of-the-sandbox-and-go-home conservative types.  I am sincerely interested in seeing some concrete statistics on that.  He seems to be leading in most polls - but so many here say he can't win?

Oceander

« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2015, 04:52:03 pm »
Oceander, can you provide some statistics to back that up?  Not doubting you, I see conflicting information - that Trump has the support of 25% of blacks and pretty good support of Hispanics (legal) - plus, I would think his celebrity status from his TV shows would pull in some support from the general LIV public. 

I know he is popular with a conservative tea party demographic, but not all of them are enamored by him.  I don't think one could rely on his support on Free Republic to lump all conservatives in that group.  I think one could say he has very broad support among people who are repulsed by our current government. 

But again, you keep saying he doesn't have crossover appeal and his supporters are crybaby take-my-toys-out-of-the-sandbox-and-go-home conservative types.  I am sincerely interested in seeing some concrete statistics on that.  He seems to be leading in most polls - but so many here say he can't win?

"most polls"?  You mean polls of self-identified conservatives?  The traditional conservative is a dying breed in the US, so 51% of a tiny minority bears no relationship to how the rest of the population feels.