Author Topic: Freedom & Liberty Conservatives CAVE on RYAN for Speaker  (Read 3374 times)

Offline Longiron

Freedom & Liberty Conservatives CAVE on RYAN for Speaker
« on: October 22, 2015, 02:46:11 pm »
Knew it was to good to be true, Conservatives hanging tough. Both groups have been infiltrated with RINO plants and will support Paul Ryan ( Boehner Jr) for Speaker. He will be as bad if not worst than the Boner if that is possible. Call you local RINO congressman and raise hell or settle for the status quo of giving BARRY everything he wants for the next 15 months??? :thud:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 02:47:55 pm by Longiron »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Freedom & Liberty Conservatives CAVE on RYAN for Speaker
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 02:54:49 pm »
The sausage must be made. Sausage making is not pretty.

Those without the stomach for watching sausage making, had best not watch.

Only the naïve will expect to get real sausage leaving out the nasty parts.

We just done saw some sausage gettin made.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 03:07:11 pm »
Knew it was to good to be true, Conservatives hanging tough. Both groups have been infiltrated with RINO plants and will support Paul Ryan ( Boehner Jr) for Speaker. He will be as bad if not worst than the Boner if that is possible. Call you local RINO congressman and raise hell or settle for the status quo of giving BARRY everything he wants for the next 15 months??? :thud:

Well, the time to raise hell was at the voting both.  RINO's should have been ousted.  Too many Republicans vote for party rather than candidate ... just because the candidates claim to be Republicans.  RINO's have NOT been held accountable for quite some time; they could care less what we think.  The only way to make a difference would have been to fire them.  Way way too late for anything to be done.  We can hope like heck we make it to the next election and then by some miracle we wind up with someone other than Bush to vote for.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 04:34:28 pm »

They could see that they would be blamed for everything that happens next.

Must have decided (or gotten some comfort) that Ryan will be better than Boehner and considered it a 'win' for now.

Might make good primary material next year if Ryan poops out like Boehner...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 04:47:27 pm »
They could see that they would be blamed for everything that happens next.

Must have decided (or gotten some comfort) that Ryan will be better than Boehner and considered it a 'win' for now.

Might make good primary material next year if Ryan poops out like Boehner...

I'm willing to give Ryan a chance. One strong quality he possesses is his knowledge of budget issues, his "wonkiness."

With three issues of vital importance to get a handle on, 1) radical Islam, 2) illegal aliens, and 3) national debt, being on top of one out of three ain't bad.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 05:03:16 pm »
I'm not too sure he's that bad on radical Islam either.

Vis http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,183698.0.html - he did support war in Afghanistan and Iraq and opposed early withdrawal.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 05:12:06 pm »

More reason to lend support. Thanks, EC.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 05:39:33 pm »
He sort of fell off my radar after the last election, so I'm playing catch up here!  :laugh:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 08:27:21 pm »
Gotta have a replacement.

Or do you plan on giving TRUMP every office?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2015, 01:23:18 am »
Gotta have a replacement.

Or do you plan on giving TRUMP every office?
(rim shot)  You are on a roll tonight.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2015, 01:32:50 am »
The Liberty and Freedom Caucus has been infiltrated by a super majority of RINOs.  If conservatives could purge them down to just 5 or 6 solid conservatives that would be great.

http://www.ocregister.com/orangepunch/demint-489447-republicans-marco.html
"I'd rather have 30 Marco Rubios than 60 Arlen Specters" - Jim DeMint

Oops...that was back in 2013

You know the difference between a real conservative and a filthy traitorous RINO?  One re-election.

Lets change it to "I'd rather have 6 David Brats than 250 Paul Ryans"

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2015, 04:38:10 am »
Am I excited about a Ryan speakership? Not really. Is he smart and competent enough to do it? Yes to the first, probably to the second. Will he be better than Boner? Most likely. Will he deliver for conservatives? Probably 50/50. Will he stand up to Obama? That is the 10 trillion dollar question.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2015, 12:00:06 pm »
Am I excited about a Ryan speakership? Not really. Is he smart and competent enough to do it? Yes to the first, probably to the second. Will he be better than Boner? Most likely. Will he deliver for conservatives? Probably 50/50. Will he stand up to Obama? That is the 10 trillion dollar question.

The donar class runs the RINOGOP and they got their boy in. This was a shift of money from Boehner to another RINO. If you are a PUBBIE rank and file and not in the donar class you are nothing and they could care less about your opinion or demands, except at election time and once that is over you are back to being nothing. The Freedom gig was just that sorry to say. Showtime that their are conservatives in the HOUSE with some ethics, principals and interigty until it counts and the RINO comes out. If the Freedom and Liberty thing is real they will make everyone that votes for Ryan to resign from the organization. NOT going to happen and they will have at least 1000+ excuses why they need to supprort RINO RYAN. same ole same ole **nononono* **nononono*

Offline aligncare

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2015, 12:41:20 pm »
The donar class runs the RINOGOP and they got their boy in. This was a shift of money from Boehner to another RINO. If you are a PUBBIE rank and file and not in the donar class you are nothing and they could care less about your opinion or demands, except at election time and once that is over you are back to being nothing. The Freedom gig was just that sorry to say. Showtime that their are conservatives in the HOUSE with some ethics, principals and interigty until it counts and the RINO comes out. If the Freedom and Liberty thing is real they will make everyone that votes for Ryan to resign from the organization. NOT going to happen and they will have at least 1000+ excuses why they need to supprort RINO RYAN. same ole same ole **nononono* **nononono*

I'm gonna hold my fire on this. I had high hopes for Ryan as Romney's pick for VP so I'll wait to see how he performs as speaker before making a judgment.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2015, 12:48:01 pm »
I'm gonna hold my fire on this. I had high hopes for Ryan as Romney's pick for VP so I'll wait to see how he performs as speaker before making a judgment.

You are right, have to give the guy a chance. However just PO that the Freedom and Liberty thing is just a scam, AGAIN! :patriot:
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 12:48:51 pm by Longiron »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2015, 12:48:24 pm »

Couldn't have said it any better myself.   I'm with you.

Romney/RYAN was good enough 4 years ago and we're supposed to be upset 'they' want him as Speaker of the House?

Ooookaaay!   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Longiron

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2015, 12:52:14 pm »

Romney/RYAN was good enough 4 years ago and we're supposed to be upset 'they' want him as Speaker of the House?

A lot has happened in 4 years. And politically speaking name one good thing for CONSERVATIVES and we are not talking about the RINOGOP ! Best news is BARRY is out in 15 months!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2015, 01:07:44 pm »
A lot has happened in 4 years. And politically speaking name one good thing for CONSERVATIVES and we are not talking about the RINOGOP ! Best news is BARRY is out in 15 months!

The only thing "Conservative" Reps and Senators need to do is to stay true to themselves and vote accordingly.  Their numbers have increased since 2010.

Hopefully, they will continue to do so.   The voters should reward them for it.   If you look at the number of Republican gains among the States since 2010 you can see they've grown considerably.  Eventually we'll get there.

It's called a "tipping point".    :beer: 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2015, 01:12:05 pm »

The end of Barry's reign of terror will be a blessed day. Indeed, full of hope and change.  :silly:

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2015, 01:14:56 pm »

I thought that conservatives staying home in protest was the reason Romney/Ryan lost?

Now they were 'good enough'?  What up w/ dat?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2015, 01:53:35 pm »
I thought that conservatives staying home in protest was the reason Romney/Ryan lost?

Now they were 'good enough'?  What up w/ dat?

4-5 million voters don't stay home and boycott an election over the vice-president on the ticket.    :whistle:

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2015, 02:22:05 pm »
4-5 million voters don't stay home and boycott an election over the vice-president on the ticket.

So why were they 'good enough' then (even though so many stayed home) but 'upsetting' now?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2015, 09:30:33 pm »
You are right, have to give the guy a chance. However just PO that the Freedom and Liberty thing is just a scam, AGAIN! :patriot:

Politicians are a lot like kids or puppies. They need scolding when they pee on the carpet or run with the crowd, but they also need praise when they don't do something boneheaded!
Now, we're quick enough to hit the phones or email when they do the stupid stuff, that's not the problem. How about writing to the reps who stick by their convictions and their word to thank them for it? Bet they don't get many of those sorts of letters - and those are the ones they are more likely to actually read and take notice of!
 :tongue2:

Offline Longiron

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2015, 09:57:05 pm »
Politicians are a lot like kids or puppies. They need scolding when they pee on the carpet or run with the crowd, but they also need praise when they don't do something boneheaded!
Now, we're quick enough to hit the phones or email when they do the stupid stuff, that's not the problem. How about writing to the reps who stick by their convictions and their word to thank them for it? Bet they don't get many of those sorts of letters - and those are the ones they are more likely to actually read and take notice of!
 :tongue2:

When they dp stick by there principals they do hear kudos from the people. Case in point was McCarthy not getting the Speaker job and the 40 conservatives were responsible, supposely. With RYAN getting the nod from conservatives one has to think the whole thing was a setup and showtime for the folks back home. Amnesty will decide the POTUS race in 2016 and they do not get much worst for giving amanesty than PAUL RYAN and the supposely conservative gave their approval ? :thud:

Offline flowers

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2015, 10:08:11 pm »
Paul Ryan Demands Repeal of Founding Father Thomas Jefferson’s Rule......that right there tells me all I need to know about Ryan.