Author Topic: ABC's 'Modern Family' Hits New Low With Ultra-Lame Joke About the Koch Brothers  (Read 565 times)

rangerrebew

ABC's 'Modern Family' Hits New Low With Ultra-Lame Joke About the Koch Brothers
By Dylan Gwinn | October 22, 2015 | 1:38 AM EDT

This week in profiles of the lame and lazy features ABC's Modern Family, a show which used to induce multiple “LOL’s” per episode in the Gwinn household, that has now settled for the kind of humor one can get steady doses of in high school cafeterias.

In an episode titled “The Verdict,” Mitch (Jesse Tyler Ferguson) and Cam (Eric Stonestreet) argue about which one of them their friends would still want to hang out with if they got divorced. Because this is a totally normal conversation to have, apparently.

Suddenly Cam swerves into one of the lamest of the lame political cheap shots at two pretty prominent GOP activists:

Cam: Well, I don't rest mine. Why do you think I'm the one that's gonna be left behind? I'm the belle of the ball.

Mitch: Right there -- that's the type of thing you should let other people say. About a woman.

Cam: Nobody really cares about your political rants. Our friends don't want to hear about the Koch brothers unless you're talking about a couple hot guys in a bathroom at a nightclub.

Really? Is there a writer’s strike in Hollywood? Because one could be forgiven for thinking 17 year olds are writing these shows after hearing that. We’ve gone from hilarious scenes with Phil (Ty Burrell) singing show tunes in drag to jokes likening political donors to gay men doing lines in a club?

Sigh. Of course, I’m sure Modern Family plans on balancing out the political ledger on next week’s episode, when they quip that no one is interested in hearing about the Castro brothers unless they’re talking about two dictators running a communist police state 90 miles off the coast of Florida.

I’m sure that’s what they’re going to do…

Source URL: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/dylan-gwinn/2015/10/22/abcs-modern-family-hits-new-low-ultra-lame-joke-about-koch