Author Topic: Trump triples down on George W. Bush’s responsibility for 9/11  (Read 10852 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump triples down on George W. Bush’s responsibility for 9/11
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2015, 09:09:54 pm »
Trump is not a Republican.  He's never built any kind of relationships with fellow Republicans, and his hair-brained policy proposals would be universally opposed.  Democrats would want to taint the GOP by rendering him a do-nothing president.

It would be ugly, but the country would deserve it for electing such a fraud.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline flowers

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2015, 09:19:26 pm »
If we're talking primaries, Trump is already in the lead without the support of Onceler, Sinkspur, etc.  He knows he's not going to win you over, but he is betting that should he be the nominee - he will get your vote - as he will mine.  I think that what he is saying will catch the attention of a voting demographic that other GOP candidates would not get in the general election.

But, I think Trump's strategy might be a way of pushing Jeb's buttons - getting his goat, playing with him like a cat plays with a mouse before he kills it. 

I don't agree that 9/11 was GWB's fault.  Given that Al Gore made him waste those crucial first few months in office dealing with the hanging chad farce - I think that whole thing was very bad for our country and it makes me wonder if Gore was purposely doing it to make Bush less-prepared than he would have otherwise been.  I put NOTHING past these people!
Besides the chad ordeal, Bush admin had to replace all keyboards and find all the furniture Bill and Hillary stole. They even stole the White House seal inside of airforce one.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2015, 09:23:41 pm »
A Donald Trump presidency would do what Obama's victory in 2008 could not do:  render republicans the permanent minority party for at least a generation and ensure that the next president is as far left as Obama is.

If Trump was a true blue right fringe candidate like Goldwater I would agree.  However Trump is not a right fringer, and it is unlikely the House can be lost because redistricting will not allow it.  The Senate is in peril but not completely predetermined to be lost.

Have some faith in your fellow Americans sir.

We are a great country, with great people.  People who voted for Reagan, and Bush...and GOP majorities in 1994, 1996, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2010, 2012, and 2014.

Even Trump's slogan is an echo of Reagan's "Make America Great."

“I have always believed that this anointed land was set apart in an uncommon way, that a divine plan placed this great continent here between the oceans to be found by people from every corner of the Earth who had a special love of faith and freedom.”(1982) - President Ronald Reagan

Some of your posts have had a heathenish flavor...the good news is God doesn't need you to believe in him.  He believes in you.

Oceander

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2015, 09:25:56 pm »
I think he renders the GOP a minority party if he wins the NOMINATION.  No way he beats Hillary.

It would also be the first presidency maybe in our history in which the president has no constituency in the Congress. Republicans and Democrats would both oppose his immigration plans, his tax plans, and likely most of his foreign policy.  And, if he defied them, it would be a snap to impeach and CONVICT him.

Good points.

Oceander

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2015, 09:29:17 pm »
If we're talking primaries, Trump is already in the lead without the support of Onceler, Sinkspur, etc.  He knows he's not going to win you over, but he is betting that should he be the nominee - he will get your vote - as he will mine.  I think that what he is saying will catch the attention of a voting demographic that other GOP candidates would not get in the general election.

But, I think Trump's strategy might be a way of pushing Jeb's buttons - getting his goat, playing with him like a cat plays with a mouse before he kills it. 

I don't agree that 9/11 was GWB's fault.  Given that Al Gore made him waste those crucial first few months in office dealing with the hanging chad farce - I think that whole thing was very bad for our country and it makes me wonder if Gore was purposely doing it to make Bush less-prepared than he would have otherwise been.  I put NOTHING past these people!

Yes, Trump doesn't need to buy our support because he knows that we're principled team players and will vote for the GOP nominee no matter how stupid and distasteful we find him; unlike others who will only whore themselves for a few unrealistic "principles".

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2015, 09:30:09 pm »
Dumb down our message to get the Fan Duel vote? 

Given the opportunity without an editor, what, exactly, is your victory message? 

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2015, 09:31:42 pm »

Yes, Trump doesn't need to buy our support because he knows that we're principled team players and will vote for the GOP nominee no matter how stupid and distasteful we find him; unlike others who will only whore themselves for a few unrealistic "principles".

I get all your points.  What I'd like to "get" is your choice for POTUS.  Care to share?

Oceander

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2015, 09:34:02 pm »
If Trump was a true blue right fringe candidate like Goldwater I would agree.  However Trump is not a right fringer, and it is unlikely the House can be lost because redistricting will not allow it.  The Senate is in peril but not completely predetermined to be lost.

Have some faith in your fellow Americans sir.

We are a great country, with great people.  People who voted for Reagan, and Bush...and GOP majorities in 1994, 1996, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2010, 2012, and 2014.

Even Trump's slogan is an echo of Reagan's "Make America Great."

“I have always believed that this anointed land was set apart in an uncommon way, that a divine plan placed this great continent here between the oceans to be found by people from every corner of the Earth who had a special love of faith and freedom.”(1982) - President Ronald Reagan

Some of your posts have had a heathenish flavor...the good news is God doesn't need you to believe in him.  He believes in you.

And these same people voted twice for Barack Obama.  I have precious little faith in the wisdom of people who cannot see the clear difference between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney.  Or the difference between Trump and people like Scott Walker or Rick Perry.

Oceander

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2015, 09:34:59 pm »
I get all your points.  What I'd like to "get" is your choice for POTUS.  Care to share?

Baloney.  If I don't say "Trump" then I'll simply be labelled a hater, or a RINO, or whatever.

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2015, 09:42:18 pm »
Baloney.  If I don't say "Trump" then I'll simply be labelled a hater, or a RINO, or whatever.

You have made your case against Trump for POTUS.  I am asking you to make your case for the candidate you prefer---go for the gold and aim for undecided voters.

If you decline to fight for the candidate of your choice then it would appear your reason for being is simply to trash Trump.

Oceander

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2015, 09:43:44 pm »
You have made your case against Trump for POTUS.  I am asking you to make your case for the candidate you prefer---go for the gold and aim for undecided voters.

If you decline to fight for the candidate of your choice then it would appear your reason for being is simply to trash Trump.

You would, wouldn't you.  In Trump-o-philia we trust.

At this point I'm not entirely sure yet.  A number of the people I respected - people who have already successfully run governments - have dropped out for lack of support.  I still cannot fathom why Perry or Walker are so disrespected.

I can respect Jeb Bush'es record in Florida but I am also realist to know that he will not be able to overcome his name, and the fact that the right hate him palpably simply means that I don't believe he would win.  I therefore do not consider him.

Carly Fiorina has some interest for me, but I haven't decided yet.

Ben Carson is a really nice guy who is so totally out of his depth it's painful.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 09:47:40 pm by Oceander »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2015, 09:45:21 pm »
Amazing how the Trump upsets some. I wonder about him too.

He upsets me when he lies about others just because he doesn't like them.

His blaming Bush is completely irresponsible and dishonest.

The better question for you is,  why is every decent conservative NOT upset by these lies about Bush??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2015, 09:45:37 pm »

That's not true...and you know it.

We have about 50% of our regular posters against a Donald Trump nomination.  Nobody's calling them haters...or "whatever".

We're adults and we know how to disagree.  In the end, we're all on the same team.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2015, 09:46:00 pm »
You would, wouldn't you.  In Trump-o-philia we trust.

So... to sum up:  You've got nothing to offer in this primary season except hate for Donald Trump.

Got it.  And thanks for confirming.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2015, 09:46:10 pm »

And these same people voted twice for Barack Obama.  I have precious little faith in the wisdom of people who cannot see the clear difference between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney.  Or the difference between Trump and people like Scott Walker or Rick Perry.

I hear you loud and clear.  I too am frustrated.

Why did they vote for Obama?  I like to think they wanted to make up for past sins.  We have made good on the promise to look past skin color...now we can focus on what to do to restore America as the leader of the world.

Oceander

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2015, 09:48:39 pm »
So... to sum up:  You've got nothing to offer in this primary season except hate for Donald Trump.

Got it.  And thanks for confirming.

I modified my post after the initial post.  Here's what I added:

At this point I'm not entirely sure yet.  A number of the people I respected - people who have already successfully run governments - have dropped out for lack of support.  I still cannot fathom why Perry or Walker are so disrespected.

I can respect Jeb Bush'es record in Florida but I am also realist enough to know that he will not be able to overcome his name, and the fact that the right hate him palpably simply means that I don't believe he would win.  I therefore do not consider him.

Ben Carson is a really nice guy who is so totally out of his depth it's painful.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 09:49:19 pm by Oceander »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2015, 09:48:50 pm »
This lie by Trump about Bush supports the view that he is, as a friend of the Clintons, running for POTUS simply to help Hillary, and to harm whoever is the Republican nominee.

The Clintons hate Bush.  As their friend, its clear that Trump hates both Jeb and GWBush.

Especially after he has spouted this deceitful swill......

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2015, 09:49:53 pm »
That's not true...and you know it.

We have about 50% of our regular posters against a Donald Trump nomination.  Nobody's calling them haters...or "whatever".

We're adults and we know how to disagree.  In the end, we're all on the same team.

A number of people are calling us 'haters,' DC.......

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2015, 09:51:49 pm »
I modified my post after the initial post. 

Okay.  Thanks for the added info.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2015, 09:52:01 pm »

Well......not in a 'bad' way!    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2015, 09:53:00 pm »
Given the opportunity without an editor, what, exactly, is your victory message?

I'm not running.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2015, 09:57:59 pm »
I'm not running. 

Too clever by half, Sink.  You're not running, but you are spewing.

So... what's driving you and why should undecided voters (which until that lever is pulled--is all of us) join your team and support the candidate you support. 

Is this not the purpose of the debate?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2015, 09:58:20 pm »
I modified my post after the initial post.  Here's what I added:

I can respect Jeb Bush'es record in Florida but I am also realist enough to know that he will not be able to overcome his name, and the fact that the right hate him palpably simply means that I don't believe he would win.  I therefore do not consider him.

I'm not so sure Carson is as 'out of his depth' as it sometimes appears.  He's just very UN-pc and doesn't back off what he says.

The way he handled himself on the View was downright remarkable.  He had at least 3 drooling hyenas coming after him, and he not only won the discussion, making them look like the fools they are, but also stayed completely calm through the entire blitz against him.

He's growing, and the more I see of him, the more I respect and like him.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2015, 09:58:26 pm »

I haven't seen any of that since the two "instigators" left.  All they did was try to divide people to turn against each other.  I think it's been fairly cordial since they left.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2015, 10:01:30 pm »
I haven't seen any of that since the two "instigators" left.  All they did was try to divide people to turn against each other.  I think it's been fairly cordial since they left.

Perhaps your perspective on the matter is different since you like Trump.  If you honestly think he'd be a terrible President and is a Democrat, as I do, then you see things differently when the words "the haters" are posted......