Author Topic: Trump, Carson threaten boycott of CNBC debate Candidates. complain of length, 'criteria'  (Read 5559 times)

Offline kevindavis007

I would damn well expect him to use EOs....if only to hear the screams and wailing of the Left.

As I've stated, IMO, the GOP House and Senate will/should have a veto proof majority.  Especially with Democrat assistance.

Sorry two wrongs don't make a right.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online libertybele

:amen:     He can throw out all the red meat he wants, he will never convince me he is a Republican. This "red-meat" can easily be explained in his books, on how to influence people so you can get past them and to what you really want.   
The next President in office will likely replace 1 or 2 Supreme Court Justices effecting that court for decades to come, not to mention Federal courts, court of appeals and district judges that the president appoints. We seriously need to look beyond stump-speech red meat, and think about the consciences of our decision.

Yes you are right. Supreme court justices, judges, etc., something to seriously think about and to keep in mind.  Trump isn't first on my list and I won't be voting for him either in the primary.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Oceander

I would damn well expect him to use EOs....if only to hear the screams and wailing of the Left.

As I've stated, IMO, the GOP House and Senate will/should have a veto proof majority.  Especially with Democrat assistance.

So process and the Constitution don't matter?  All that matters is that you get your way?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Meh.....so I suppose it's perfectly fine for a Democrat to rule like a king and piss on the Bill of Rights and Constitution...with the mainstream media's, Academia's and Hollywood's total blessing.

But if one of our guys adopts the same tact to reverse everything the Kenyan has done in order to "Make America Great Again", your answer is simply "Two wrongs don't make a right".

You sir, demonstrate exactly what's wrong with the Republican's image out there.

This isn't a 60 minute CSI episode we're living in, where the bad guys ALWAYS get punished and the good guys look like they stepped out of GQ.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

So process and the Constitution don't matter?  All that matters is that you get your way?

Exactly how does "I would damn well EXPECT him to use EOs....." translate into my condoning it?

I'm simply saying that I understand why he would...in the event he didn't have the full cooperation of his identified Party.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

Exactly how does "I would damn well EXPECT him to use EOs....." translate into my condoning it?

I'm simply saying that I understand why he would...in the event he didn't have the full cooperation of his identified Party.

So then you should have no problem understanding why Obama used them as he did.

Offline kevindavis007

Meh.....so I suppose it's perfectly fine for a Democrat to rule like a king and piss on the Bill of Rights and Constitution...with the mainstream media's, Academia's and Hollywood's total blessing.

But if one of our guys adopts the same tact to reverse everything the Kenyan has done in order to "Make America Great Again", your answer is simply "Two wrongs don't make a right".

You sir, demonstrate exactly what's wrong with the Republican's image out there.

This isn't a 60 minute CSI episode we're living in, where the bad guys ALWAYS get punished and the good guys look like they stepped out of GQ.

Sorry, unlike you I respect the Constitution. I also happen to like the Checks and balances that our Founding Fathers put in place. If Trump won't respect the Constitution and how this Government is suppose to function, then he should be run as a Democrat.. They hate the Constitution. Yes the Constitution is a suicide pact.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 12:45:44 am by kevindavis »

Online DCPatriot

So then you should have no problem understanding why Obama used them as he did.

Read my post again, Oceander.

Obama HAD and HAS to this day, the total support and cooperation of the Democrat Party.

I said that I would empathize with Trump in the event the Republicans try to restrain him on matters he's not willing to yield.

Online DCPatriot

Sorry, unlike you I respect the Constitution. I also happen to like the Checks and balances that our Founding Fathers put in place. If Trump won't respect the Constitution and how this Government is suppose to function, then he should be run as a Democrat.. They hate the Constitution. Yes the Constitution is a suicide pact.

Don't tell me I don't respect the Constitution.  Or checks and balances.

But Obama and by extension, 50% of the nation has shown me that sh*t don't work any longer.

Once upon a time, when two gentlemen got to a certain point, they would challenge each other to a duel.  Take ten steps, turn and shoot.

Then it evolved into who had the fastest draw with them facing each other.

Today, one party would simply ambush the other and double tap them.

Offline kevindavis007

Obama HAD and HAS to this day, the total support and cooperation of the Democrat Party.

I said that I would empathize with Trump in the event the Republicans try to restrain him on matters he's not willing to yield.

Sorry I want a President of this country to be Restrained!!!!  We are electing a President not a dictator..

Oceander

There isn't a scintilla of difference between you and the democrats on that score, no matter how badly you want there to be.  You either accept, or you do not, the use of executive orders to circumvent Congress.  And if you do, then you've made your bed and you can no longer complain about who stitched the sheets.

Offline kevindavis007

There isn't a scintilla of difference between you and the democrats on that score, no matter how badly you want there to be.  You either accept, or you do not, the use of executive orders to circumvent Congress.  And if you do, then you've made your bed and you can no longer complain about who stitched the sheets.

:amen: 

Offline kevindavis007

I want to ask something..

Did Washington get what he wanted?
Did Jefferson get what he wanted?
Did Lincoln get what he wanted?
Did Teddy R get what he wanted?

Not all of the time, but at least they worked with Congress..

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The problem with ruling by EO is that they may be undone with the flick of a pen too. How many candidates are going to nullify the Worm's EOs on day one?

Now imagine that EVERY SINGLE TIME the presidency changes. You think the government is a dysfunctional money pit now? Wait and see what a shit storm that will be like.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Sorry I want a President of this country to be Restrained!!!!  We are electing a President not a dictator..

I'm enjoying your posts, sir.  Carry on.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
In 2008 the democrats added the Presidency to the congressional majorities they already had.

IOW close to a dictatorship. About the only thing that stopped them was not having 60 Senators.

The GOP has been clawing its way back from that catastrophic situation.

The narrow but loud faction of the GOP talks big, but doesn't have the firepower to execute their wishes. So instead they beat up on each other, in their poorly focused frustration.

The GOP does NOT have veto proof majorities, so Obama can veto anything they pass and they can't do anything about it.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline kevindavis007

I'm enjoying your posts, sir.  Carry on.

Thank you..

Offline EdinVA

I agree with the checks and balances BUT in order for the unconstitutional actions of the last 7+years to be overturned by the next administration playing by the rules and making chage requires several assumptions:
1.  The new president is a republican
2.  The new president has the guts to take the action.
3.  The house and the senate remain in republican control
4. The house AND the sanate have the guts to take the actions.

If any of the 4 assumption above are not true, we stay where we are and live with the cancerous liberal social rules we have now.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 01:35:21 am by EdinVA »

The problem with ruling by EO is that they may be undone with the flick of a pen too. How many candidates are going to nullify the Worm's EOs on day one?

Now imagine that EVERY SINGLE TIME the presidency changes. You think the government is a dysfunctional money pit now? Wait and see what a shit storm that will be like.

Good point, but my real purpose in responding is to ridicule your avatar comment.

Befuddled?

You are so English.  Do you realize that word has not been used by an American in over 40 years? Just stop it already.

also stop using words like crisps, lift, gob, tosser, chap, boot(car trunk), balmy, and kerfuffel.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 01:51:46 am by Once-Ler »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
kevindavis wrote above:
[[ Also I would like to know the following: Will Donald Trump respect the Constitution and the process or will he be like Barack Obama bypassing Congress by doing Executive Actions?? ]]

No matter who the next Republican president may be, I hope he issues a SLEW of "executive actions" -- that repeal not only those issued by obama but also by G.W. Bush and Clinton as well!

No apologies for that statement.
I meant what I said, and I said what I meant!

I meant what I said, and I said what I meant!
An elephant's faithful one-hundred percent!

Online DCPatriot

Thanks for playing, Kevin!   :laugh:

Offline EdinVA

I want to ask something..

Did Washington get what he wanted?
Did Jefferson get what he wanted?
Did Lincoln get what he wanted?
Did Teddy R get what he wanted?

Not all of the time, but at least they worked with Congress..

And congress worked with them.... 2 way street