Author Topic: Rahm blames Chicago crime wave on 'fetal' cops  (Read 278 times)

rangerrebew

Rahm blames Chicago crime wave on 'fetal' cops
« on: October 13, 2015, 09:41:32 am »
Rahm blames Chicago crime wave on 'fetal' cops
'They have pulled back from the ability to interdict'
Published: 15 hours ago

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel says the city’s cops have no desire to find themselves the target of a Black Lives Matter campaign, and the result has been skyrocketing crime.

Emanuel oversaw a bloody month of September in Chicago. The city’s 60 homicides were the most per month since 2002.

“We have allowed our police department to get fetal, and it is having a direct consequence. They have pulled back from the ability to interdict … they don’t want to be a news story themselves, they don’t want their career ended early, and it’s having an impact,” Emanuel said Oct. 7 while in Washington, D.C., to meet with U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch, other mayors and police chiefs, the Chicago Tribune reported Monday. “I tried to speak up for the good officers that are doing community policing that make up the men and women of the Chicago Police Department.”

The mayor defended his comments Monday, which come after months of high-profile altercations throughout the U.S. between police and black suspects, during a Chicago news conference.

“Officers themselves are telling me about how the news over the last 15 months impacted their instincts: Do they stop or do they keep driving? ‘When I stop here, is it going to be my career on the line?’ And that’s an honest conversation. And all of us who want officers to be pro-active, to be able to do community policing in a pro-active way, have to encourage them, so it’s not their job on the line or that judgment call all the time that if they stop, this could be a career-ender.”

Colin Flaherty’s book, “Don’t Make the Black Kids Angry: The Hoax of Black Victimization and Those Who Enable It,” documents black crime in America and exposes how the media and politicians are willing partners in what the author calls “the greatest lie of our generation.”

Emanuel’s comments come as black aldermen from the City Council are demanding police Superintendent Garry McCarthy step down or be fired, the newspaper reported.

Chicago tallied nine shooting deaths in a single day on Sept. 2. The grim statistic set a record for Chicago shooting fatalities in a single day. The last time that many people died over a 24 hour period was July 5, 2003, with 10 homicides.

“You can’t even walk to the store without getting shot in the face,” South Shore resident Will Calloway, 26, told the newspaper Sept. 3. “You know what I’m saying? We in the black community, a lot of these brothers and sisters, they don’t have an education. You get Malcolm X here, you get a poor education, you get poor jobs. You be in a poor community. It creates crime.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/10/rahm-blames-chicago-crime-wave-on-fetal-cops/#1yDzOXjqsI4E5WyZ.99

Offline mountaineer

Re: Rahm blames Chicago crime wave on 'fetal' cops
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 01:37:35 pm »
Chicago tallied nine shooting deaths in a single day on Sept. 2. The grim statistic set a record for Chicago shooting fatalities in a single day. The last time that many people died over a 24 hour period was July 5, 2003, with 10 homicides.
Black-on-black violence. The cops probably were not in the vicinity of any of these incidents, so their "getting fetal" is irrelevant. But we knew that. Rahm would rather blame the cops than the actual actors.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 01:54:31 pm »
Black-on-black violence. The cops probably were not in the vicinity of any of these incidents, so their "getting fetal" is irrelevant. But we knew that. Rahm would rather blame the cops than the actual actors.

Welcome to the jungle.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 02:42:51 pm »
I believe there was a preacher once in Chicago who liked to talk about "chickens coming home to roost."  Perhaps Mr. Emanuel ought to look in the mirror if he is seeking a reason why the cops are scared to take risks in the street.  His political party has come down squarely in favor of the gangs and thugs, and against the citizens they victimize, in its desperation for power.