Author Topic: JOHN KERRY PREDICTS MILLIONS OF ‘CLIMATE REFUGEES’ WILL NEED SPECIAL STATUS  (Read 621 times)

rangerrebew

JOHN KERRY PREDICTS MILLIONS OF ‘CLIMATE REFUGEES’ WILL NEED SPECIAL STATUS

Hector Retamal/AFP/Getty Images

by CHARLIE SPIERING8 Oct 20157,990

Secretary of State John Kerry warns the world that more and more people will be fleeing the devastation caused by global warming. “It’s something new. We have climate refugees today,” he said during a town hall event about the oceans.

Kerry described climate refugees as people who had to leave their homes because of drought, rising sea levels, and thawing permafrost.

“[T]he day could come, if we don’t respond rapidly, you could have millions of climate refugees. You could have people moving from whole areas where today you can grow things and tomorrow you can’t,” he said.

He remarked that more world leaders had begun to talk about this rising threat in many of his international meetings, although he admitted that the issue was not yet a “crescendo.”

International organizations, like the United Nations, he admitted, would have to codify the term “climate refugee” and put it into law. That would grant special immigration privileges to immigrants claiming refugee status, allowing them to move to other countries.

“I think it’s just a matter of time before it fits in under a category and countries have — and the refugee process has legitimately incorporated it into our policy,” Kerry said.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...pecial-status/

rangerrebew

:mauslaff:   :bigsilly:   :laughingdog:   :3:

It's getting hard to tell who the bigger bull shitter is, Madam Clinton or Lurch.

Offline famousdayandyear

WTF is a "climate refugee"?

Godzilla

If global warming is real, it would melt the ice caps and raise sea levels.

Anyone living on low-lying islands (South Pacific, for example) would find their entire nation underwater.  Those would be climate refugees.

Floridians would be in the same boat (d'oh!).

---

As long as you believe it is happening, it makes sense to prepare for the worst.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 09:52:35 pm by Godzilla »

Offline mountaineer

I thought it was the retirees from my region who winter in Myrtle Beach.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline famousdayandyear

If global warming is real, it would melt the ice caps and raise sea levels.

Anyone living on low-lying islands (South Pacific, for example) would find their entire nation underwater.  Those would be climate refugees.

Floridians would be in the same boat (d'oh!).

---

As long as you believe it is happening, it makes sense to prepare for the worst.

You're serious, aren't you

Offline aligncare

I thought it was the retirees from my region who winter in Myrtle Beach.  :shrug:

:silly:

In New York we call them snowbirds, those who move down to Florida, anyway.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

There's one born every minute.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I swear, it's like 'they' have been visited by aliens or other intelligent species on earth warning them of a coming future calamity.

They simply refuse to abandon this bullsh*t that "We're all gonna die!".....like the guy said in Predator.   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Godzilla

This is what they believe.  If you believe, it makes sense.

I view it like the UN and US plans on how to deal with an extra-terrestrial visitor,  ie: pretty d@#n useless.  But good to have as a backup, just in case.

If they want to occupy their time creating plans for non-existent calamities,  more power to them.  That way, they are preoccupied and unable to really focus on other matters.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 10:31:29 pm by Godzilla »

bkepley

I view it like the UN and US plans on how to deal with an extra-terrestrial visitor,  ie: pretty d@#n useless.  But good to have as a backup, just in case.

The problem is that if it is real nothing Obama has proposed will reduce the emergency by more than a few days or hours.  If it is not real it is a lot of pain imposed on the poor for no reason.

Offline famousdayandyear

The problem is that if it is real nothing Obama has proposed will reduce the emergency by more than a few days or hours.  If it is not real it is a lot of pain imposed on the poor for no reason.

Sorry.  Don't get the "if" part.  For instance, "if" pigs had wings.  That kind of "if"

Godzilla

We're talking about UN plans to deal with climate refugees, not environmental regulations.  This doesn't affect anything until it happens... which it won't.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 10:36:32 pm by Godzilla »

Godzilla

Sorry.  Don't get the "if" part.  For instance, "if" pigs had wings.  That kind of "if"

Yep.  Let 'em talk and discuss and feel good about themselves.  It'll keep them preoccupied.

bkepley

We're talking about UN plans to deal with climate refugees, not environmental regulations.  This doesn't affect anything until it happens... which it won't.

Ok ... sorry ..not paying attention.

Offline famousdayandyear

The phrase "climate refugee" is Orwellian and pisses me off that people spend a nanosecond of time discussing it.  Yes, I got suckered into to a stupid post.  Shame on me.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The phrase "climate refugee" is Orwellian and pisses me off that people spend a nanosecond of time discussing it.  Yes, I got suckered into to a stupid post.  Shame on me.

Don't apologize, famous......it's still early on a Friday night.    ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

If they want to occupy their time creating plans for non-existent calamities,  more power to them.  That way, they are preoccupied and unable to really focus on other matters.

I understand your point. But, in my judgment, it's too passive. If the yahoo next door starts whining how your SUV is killing the planet, that's one thing. But when government (or UN) seriously discusses averting a global disaster by taxing businesses based on carbon footprint, -- :silly: sorry can't contain myself-- that's a threat to our economy and aught to be denounced as the lunacy it is, not tolerated just because it keeps the masterminding twits busy. They, the politicians, the masters of science holders and the professors of tree hugging need to be told in no uncertain terms: "now you just stop it right there, buddy boy, you're talking crazy."
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 11:35:05 pm by aligncare »

Offline famousdayandyear

I understand your point. But, in my judgment, it's too passive. If the yahoo next door starts whining how your SUV is killing the planet, that's one thing. But when government (or UN) seriously discusses averting a global disaster by taxing businesses based on carbon footprint, -- :silly: sorry can't contain myself-- that's a threat to our economy and aught to be denounced as the lunacy it is, not tolerated just because it keeps the masterminding twits busy. They, the politicians, the masters of science holders and the professors of tree hugging need to be told in no uncertain terms: "now you just stop it right there, buddy boy, you're talking crazy."

:howlin:

So grateful there are those with patience and command of language.

Offline flowers

This is one of the things Loretta Lynch signed on to the week she was at the UN. I forgot what the name of the thing was but it promised it world would re-settle poor people to rich countrys , called them climate refugees. It was her or Powers. Someone from our regime.