Author Topic: McConnell Only Wants to Shut Down Ted Cruz!  (Read 3155 times)

Online libertybele

McConnell Only Wants to Shut Down Ted Cruz!
« on: October 05, 2015, 12:49:54 pm »
I am so hoping that McConnell is somehow forced out of the Senate.  Cruz is one of the few "voices of the people" that we have.

McConnell Only Wants to Shutdown Ted Cruz

In lieu of a government shutdown to defund Obamacare, Planned Parenthood, or the disastrous Iran deal, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is opting to shutdown Ted Cruz.

Case in point, the latest Politico article in which the Leader takes credit for muscling his entire operation--enlisting scores of aides and fellow senators---to “quietly and methodically... quarantine” the senator from Texas.  McConnell’s cheerleaders will tell you it’s good politics. Well, how is that working out for them?

Let’s take a look. 72 percent of Republican primary voters are dissatisfied with “Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's ability to achieve GOP goals” according to a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll. Meanwhile, Cruz is posting impressive fundraising numbers, whipping presidential candidates aligned with McConnell, rolling out endorsements, and winning straw poll after straw poll.

Now answer me this. Could Mitch McConnell win any poll among GOP primary voters today? Not even if he was pitted up against a bowl of soup.

Imagine former Democratic Majority Leader Harry Reid openly working against Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton when they were both senators, vying for the 2008 Democratic nomination. Unheard of. Granted, neither Obama or Clinton were doing anything to change Washington’s big spending, corrupt ways, but the Democrats at least recognize they shouldn’t extinguish their party’s brightest stars.

McConnell, however, remains myopically focused on his own diminishing power, at the expense of the party. It’s clear he’s devoted more time to shutting down Ted Cruz than any government program.

“Republicans shut down Cruz’s effort to force a procedural vote he dubbed a referendum on McConnell’s leadership. Democrats even joined in, blocking his efforts to speak beyond the hour allotted to him. A fellow GOP senator could have donated time to Cruz to allow him to speak, but GOP sources said there was little support for that idea.”

Not only does it speak to McConnell’s weakness that he denied Cruz a simple protest vote, but the fact this is supposed to be some great symbol of might and strength is laughable.

What important business did the Senate chamber move to after denying Cruz the right to speak around 7:30pm Monday evening? Nothing. Big, fat nothing. McConnell would rather there be dead silence on the Senate floor than incisive, informed, passionate remarks by a senator from his own party.

No matter.

Ted Cruz speaks to scores of people each day. Thousands of people come to see him speak on any given weekend. His social media reach is among the best any politician has ever enjoyed. Mitch McConnell may be able to keep things quiet within the Senate chamber, but people all over America are hearing Ted Cruz loud and clear.

- See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/Commentary/2015/09/mcconnell-only-wants-to-shutdown-ted-cruz#sthash.dTut39Kb.dpuf
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Longiron

Re: McConnell Only Wants to Shut Down Ted Cruz!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 03:01:20 pm »
That is his PLAN, however McConnell is more unpopular than Boehner . He knows he could be next BUT more RINOS in Senate and few Conservatives. However. because of McConnell the DEMS could re take the Senate in 2016. Our guy Toomey is toast in PA. Look for the DEMS running in PA to get rid of Toomey and that is a good thing. Rather have a DEM than a RINO ?

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 04:31:27 pm »
That is his PLAN, however McConnell is more unpopular than Boehner . He knows he could be next BUT more RINOS in Senate and few Conservatives. However. because of McConnell the DEMS could re take the Senate in 2016. Our guy Toomey is toast in PA. Look for the DEMS running in PA to get rid of Toomey and that is a good thing. Rather have a DEM than a RINO ?

Yes, McConnell knows he may be next and even the GOPe is starting to realize with Trump's popularity and with their current reputation of a bunch of "do nothings" that  they may not retain the Senate.  IF we don't take the oval office and we lose the Senate we are in deep deep trouble.  We will no longer be a two party system and you will see the GOP crumble and for that matter, you won't see another conservative or Republican in the oval office for a very long time if ever.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 05:17:15 pm »
Yes, McConnell knows he may be next and even the GOPe is starting to realize with Trump's popularity and with their current reputation of a bunch of "do nothings" that  they may not retain the Senate.  IF we don't take the oval office and we lose the Senate we are in deep deep trouble.  We will no longer be a two party system and you will see the GOP crumble and for that matter, you won't see another conservative or Republican in the oval office for a very long time if ever.

Liberty, we do not have a 2 party system now other than on a paper or computer ballot. Name one difference between the RINOGOP and the DEMS ? One difference between a RINO , like Bushie, Rubio or  another being elected or HILLARY or Sanders or Biden being elected? The RINOGOP has no one to blame for this other than themselves. Look at McConnell and what is the difference between him and Reid other than Reid is a fighter? Would be glad to see the RINOGOP get replaced with another party if the PUB loses in 2016 and that will happen if a RINO like Mittens, BUSHIE, RUBIO is the candidate? TRUMP, CARSON are most popular because they are not GOP Career politicans along with CRUZ being a politicial outsider. Other than those being elected the RINOGOP will go by the wayside and McConnell will take the Senate down with him in 2016.

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 06:09:46 pm »
Liberty, we do not have a 2 party system now other than on a paper or computer ballot. Name one difference between the RINOGOP and the DEMS ? One difference between a RINO , like Bushie, Rubio or  another being elected or HILLARY or Sanders or Biden being elected? The RINOGOP has no one to blame for this other than themselves. Look at McConnell and what is the difference between him and Reid other than Reid is a fighter? Would be glad to see the RINOGOP get replaced with another party if the PUB loses in 2016 and that will happen if a RINO like Mittens, BUSHIE, RUBIO is the candidate? TRUMP, CARSON are most popular because they are not GOP Career politicans along with CRUZ being a politicial outsider. Other than those being elected the RINOGOP will go by the wayside and McConnell will take the Senate down with him in 2016.

I certainly understand your point and I myself have stated many times that both parties are of the same ole country club.  However, in IMHO the "two party system" is hanging on by a thread and we still have to take into consideration that there are RINO GOP members of the House and Senate that differ on certain issues from the DEMS.  For example, (and I am in no way supporting the two) if we take a look at Rubio's or Bush's stance on 2nd amendment rights vs. Hillary's stance on the 2nd amendment, there is a stark contrast. Granted I still consider the two RINO's  because of their stances on immigration for instance.  Indeed, both Houses consist of many RINO's but what has recently been made abundantly clear to me is that there is little difference between the GOP leadership and the DEMS and that is where the greater problem lies.  You can't have RINO leadership and expect any of the conservative GOP to be effective.  I am convinced that with conservative leadership in both Houses you would start to see some positive change. Unfortunately, Boehner has made "deals" that will continue to render the GOP conservatives ineffective and I feel may very well cost us the House.

Godzilla

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 10:56:22 pm »
The level of insanity in this article is troubling.

Let’s take a look. 72 percent of Republican primary voters are dissatisfied with “Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's ability to achieve GOP goals” according to a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll. Meanwhile, Cruz is posting impressive fundraising numbers, whipping presidential candidates aligned with McConnell, rolling out endorsements, and winning straw poll after straw poll.

Now answer me this. Could Mitch McConnell win any poll among GOP primary voters today? Not even if he was pitted up against a bowl of soup.

All this is smoke and mirrors, completely irrelevant.  McConnell is not running for president, so the views of the entire GOP primary voter base is irrelevant.  He is a Senator from the state of Kentucky, so the GOP primary voters in the state of Kentucky are the only people that he is beholden to.  Furthermore, as it's the entire general election voter base in Kentucky that determines who goes to Washington or not, he is beholden to all the voters in the state of Kentucky.

And as the rest of the article is based around this faulty premise, the entire logic tree collapses.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 11:10:01 pm »
This article tries to portray the 98-2 vote as a sign of McConnell's weakness.  Where does a nearly unanimous vote demonstrate the weakness of the person who called it?

Rather, the vote demonstrates how disliked Ted Cruz is in the Senate.  He is always standing alone in a deliberative body known for negotiation and give-and-take. There's a reason for that.

The GOP may lose the Senate, but will not lose the House for at least a decade.  And if a GOP nominee wins the White House, the Senate is secure.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 12:51:25 am »
The level of insanity in this article is troubling.

All this is smoke and mirrors, completely irrelevant.  McConnell is not running for president, so the views of the entire GOP primary voter base is irrelevant.  He is a Senator from the state of Kentucky, so the GOP primary voters in the state of Kentucky are the only people that he is beholden to.  Furthermore, as it's the entire general election voter base in Kentucky that determines who goes to Washington or not, he is beholden to all the voters in the state of Kentucky.

And as the rest of the article is based around this faulty premise, the entire logic tree collapses.

The relevancy is that Cruz has called out McConnell for the RINO that he is and has pointed out that with liberal leadership in the Senate the two party system isn't working. Cruz is a conservative who is running for president and is a thorn in McConnell's side.  RINO's don't like conservatives; it crimps their style and threatens their pockets. Obviously McConnell isn't running for president but the voting base is sick and tired of the lack of action by the Senate because of leadership.  Regardless of what state elected him he is the GOP Senate majority leader NOT the DEM Senate majority leader.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 04:56:03 am »

Great points.

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 04:56:38 am »
This article tries to portray the 98-2 vote as a sign of McConnell's weakness.  Where does a nearly unanimous vote demonstrate the weakness of the person who called it?

Rather, the vote demonstrates how disliked Ted Cruz is in the Senate.  He is always standing alone in a deliberative body known for negotiation and give-and-take. There's a reason for that.

The GOP may lose the Senate, but will not lose the House for at least a decade.  And if a GOP nominee wins the White House, the Senate is secure.
Great post as usual.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 05:30:24 am »
This thread is evidence of "true conservative" logic and math deficiencies.

A 98 to 2 vote is about as clear of a referendum on somebody as can be had. To say otherwise is ridiculous.

The fact is Cruz is stuck below ten percent. Others ebb and flow but he is stuck. He has a narrow but loud following. They talk back and forth with each other, mistaking their own chatter for widespread approval.

I will vote for the GOP nominee. If for some odd chance it is Cruz, he will make Barry Goldwater's loss look like a close race.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2015, 05:51:06 am »
He has a narrow but loud following. They talk back and forth with each other, mistaking their own chatter for widespread approval.

Sen Cruz is excellent at reaffirming the beliefs of his followers.  He is constantly talking about the people rising up to take back their country...presumably they will take it back from the voters who elected the 98 senators who rebuked Cruz a few days ago.

Great post ts

Offline Paladin

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2015, 06:07:43 am »
Fascinating. The nattering nabobs of GOPbr are out on force on this thread with nothing to offer but their usual collective negativism.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2015, 06:40:27 am »
Fascinating. The nattering nabobs of GOPbr are out on force on this thread with nothing to offer but their usual collective negativism.
Negativism?
Did you not see where I said "Sen Cruz is excellent"?

Godzilla

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2015, 10:58:57 am »

Ah, the whole "I can't argue the point, so I have to attack the messenger" style of debate.

Online libertybele

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2015, 01:05:07 pm »
In a nutshell, we have poor Republican leadership in the Senate that sides with the DEMS.  We have a Senate filled with RINO's and then  we have Cruz who is the voice of the conservative base that stands up for conservative principles, the Constitution and the TRUTH. How dare he!   :patriot:

Ted Cruz 2016.  Reigniting the Promise of America!

Offline Paladin

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2015, 09:40:52 pm »
"Ah, the whole "I can't argue the point, so I have to attack the messenger" style of debate."

Oh, indeed. How is it possible I could not emulate this level of objective insight:

"The level of insanity in this article is troubling."

No "attack on the messenger" there. No, sirree.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Godzilla

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2015, 10:38:47 pm »
"Ah, the whole "I can't argue the point, so I have to attack the messenger" style of debate."

Oh, indeed. How is it possible I could not emulate this level of objective insight:

"The level of insanity in this article is troubling."

No "attack on the messenger" there. No, sirree.

I guess you missed the argument justifying it.  Here, I'll repost it so that you can see what you accidently or deliberately missed.

And as the rest of the article is based around this faulty premise, the entire logic tree collapses.[/i]

---

It also seems like you don't really know what the 'attack the messenger' means.  I'll help here.  It means targeting the messenger, tarring them for actions/deeds/beliefs not applicable to the subject at hand. 

You need to apologize.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 10:40:36 pm by Godzilla »

Offline Paladin

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2015, 12:38:43 am »
"I guess you missed the argument justifying it.  Here, I'll repost it so that you can see what you accidently or deliberately missed."

Irrelevant.

According to you I used an "attack the messenger" style of debate". I merely pointed out you had already done so and on the very same thread.

"You need to apologize." LOL. Thanks for the laugh. Best one so far today. Please post again and see if you can top it.

Godzilla

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2015, 01:11:35 am »
"I guess you missed the argument justifying it.  Here, I'll repost it so that you can see what you accidently or deliberately missed."

Irrelevant.

According to you I used an "attack the messenger" style of debate". I merely pointed out you had already done so and on the very same thread.

"You need to apologize." LOL. Thanks for the laugh. Best one so far today. Please post again and see if you can top it.

It also seems like you don't really know what the 'attack the messenger' means.  I'll help here.  It means targeting the messenger, tarring them for actions/deeds/beliefs not applicable to the subject at hand. 

Offline Paladin

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2015, 01:22:57 am »
"It also seems like you don't really know what the 'attack the messenger' means.  I'll help here.  It means targeting the messenger, tarring them for actions/deeds/beliefs not applicable to the subject at hand."

You mean like this: ""The level of insanity in this article is troubling."

Got it.

(Boring and repetitive now. Last post here)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2015, 01:58:19 am »
"It also seems like you don't really know what the 'attack the messenger' means.  I'll help here.  It means targeting the messenger, tarring them for actions/deeds/beliefs not applicable to the subject at hand."

Got it.

You are so patient!

Godzilla

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2015, 02:33:19 am »

Got it.

Which was explained with the rationale:

Why are you ignoring the rationale?  It explains the initial claim, making it a debate about the foundation of the article.

And thus, not 'attacking the messenger'.

Your text editting is disengeous and you owe this site an apology.