Author Topic: Fox is reporting another possible mass shooting  (Read 19394 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Fox is reporting another possible mass shooting
« Reply #225 on: October 06, 2015, 01:54:46 pm »

Interesting point about Orwell. His nightmare could not have foreseen the Internet.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #226 on: October 06, 2015, 02:11:40 pm »
I don't understand.  Sorry.

There are over a BILLION Facebook and Twitter users around the world.   Even deceased people still have their profiles up...until a family member notifies said FB or Twitter to delete them.

How would Breitbart, for example, have the ability to 'guard' or 'watch' to see what's deleted....unless there's a software program to monitor any edit or takedown of any account?

For example, when a shooting occurs, the instant the shooter's name and location becomes known, a social media monitor would pull up all references in Facebook, Twitter, etc. and save them in their existing form (print screen/copy & paste), so that any future attempts to alter or amend them would be obvious.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #227 on: October 06, 2015, 02:16:46 pm »
For example, when a shooting occurs, the instant the shooter's name and location becomes known, a social media monitor would pull up all references in Facebook, Twitter, etc. and save them in their existing form (print screen/copy & paste), so that any future attempts to alter or amend them would be obvious.

But I'm sure the government's access to technology FAR exceeds that which is available to the 'public'.

For SIX HOURS, the government blacked out all information....even to the point of confiscating everybody's cell phone that was in that building that morning.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #228 on: October 06, 2015, 02:18:57 pm »
But I'm sure the government's access to technology FAR exceeds that which is available to the 'public'.

For SIX HOURS, the government blacked out all information....even to the point of confiscating everybody's cell phone that was in that building that morning.

I hadn't heard about that! 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline DCPatriot

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #231 on: October 06, 2015, 02:32:04 pm »

I hadn't heard about that either.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline aligncare

« Reply #232 on: October 06, 2015, 02:43:45 pm »

OK, assuming that's correct, cell phones taken from students. But you can't erase memory, or what first responders saw. Especially town officials--sheriff, deputy sheriffs, watch commanders, etc. Eventually we will learn more.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #233 on: October 06, 2015, 02:49:54 pm »
OK, assuming that's correct, cell phones taken from students. But you can't erase memory, or what first responders saw. Especially town officials--sheriff, deputy sheriffs, watch commanders, etc. Eventually we will learn more.

Of course you can. Well - not erase it, but modify it. Why you think prosecutors HATE eye witness testimony? You can have two people standing in the same place, watching the same event and their reports will be substantially different. First responders are, in many ways, even less reliable eye witnesses as they are focussed on the problem at hand and nothing else.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #234 on: October 06, 2015, 02:58:12 pm »

Just like they confiscated the BBC film crew's video of the scene where Flanagan allegedly committed suicide because it was 'evidence'... that subsequently never saw the light of day.

They did a better job of controlling the information this time...  can't have any unauthorized video floating around...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline aligncare

« Reply #235 on: October 06, 2015, 03:11:22 pm »
Of course you can. Well - not erase it, but modify it. Why you think prosecutors HATE eye witness testimony? You can have two people standing in the same place, watching the same event and their reports will be substantially different. First responders are, in many ways, even less reliable eye witnesses as they are focussed on the problem at hand and nothing else.

Fair point. But, there's more. It appears town officials may be rejecting Obama's wish to visit the town. It seems they're not interested in being used for his political purposes. If true it sounds like police officials, who know what happened first hand on the ground, are interested in truth. I only hope so.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #236 on: October 06, 2015, 03:24:35 pm »
Just like they confiscated the BBC film crew's video of the scene where Flanagan allegedly committed suicide because it was 'evidence'... that subsequently never saw the light of day.

They did a better job of controlling the information this time...  can't have any unauthorized video floating around...

Well, as AbaraXas said, "let's be fair" here a bit.

I can understand why 'authorities' would want to 'protect' victims' families from seeing gruesome bloody headshots or God forbid, video of somebody in the act of being killed (after saying "Christian").

So in a way, I understand the order.

But, not one of the students has come forth on even cable news to give any statements.  That's weird and highly unusual, IMO.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #237 on: October 06, 2015, 03:26:33 pm »
Fair point. But, there's more. It appears town officials may be rejecting Obama's wish to visit the town. It seems they're not interested in being used for his political purposes. If true it sounds like police officials, who know what happened first hand on the ground, are interested in truth. I only hope so.

Saw that, and it was both pleasing and right. Let him go to Chicago, they can have a suitable tally of the dead by Friday.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #238 on: October 06, 2015, 03:32:45 pm »
Well, as AbaraXas said, "let's be fair" here a bit.

And that is what lets the government and media control the narrative...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline aligncare

« Reply #239 on: October 06, 2015, 03:38:36 pm »
And that is what lets the government and media control the narrative...

That's one thing I got to give you, Dan. You stay on point. And for that I salute you.  :patriot:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #240 on: October 06, 2015, 03:41:03 pm »
That was interesting, thanks for the link!

:beer:

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #241 on: October 06, 2015, 03:41:40 pm »
That's one thing I got to give you, Dan. You stay on point. And for that I salute you.  :patriot:

That's because the point is easily lost when so many responses are merely distractions...

Online mountaineer

« Reply #242 on: October 06, 2015, 04:07:28 pm »
The first BIG tip-off was the complete blackout for about 6 hours immediately following the massacre.  Why?

To scrub the perp's bio on social media and to erase all printed or written connections to Islam, that's why.    :whistle:
More on that here: The Curious Case of Oregon Shooter Chris Harper-Mercer – A Social Media Profile Shaped, Modified and Deleted… from the Conservative Tree House site.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #243 on: October 06, 2015, 04:14:25 pm »
More on that here: The Curious Case of Oregon Shooter Chris Harper-Mercer – A Social Media Profile Shaped, Modified and Deleted… from the Conservative Tree House site.
Again... when the media and government are obviously manipulating the narrative...

You should assume that other parts of the narrative that cannot be so easily identified are also being manipulated...

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #244 on: October 06, 2015, 04:25:01 pm »
Again... when the media and government are obviously manipulating the narrative...

You should assume that other parts of the narrative that cannot be so easily identified are also being manipulated...

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #245 on: October 06, 2015, 04:31:54 pm »

IIRC, I posted that entire piece the other day....maybe yesterday.   (Hey, I'm old!)

At least it was part1...before the amended claim regarding CNN's complicity.

Offline flowers

« Reply #246 on: October 07, 2015, 08:53:31 pm »
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2015/10/07/father-of-oregon-shooting-victim-obama-is-visiting-for-his-gun-control-agenda-not-for-us-n2062550?utm_source=thdailypm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl_pm&newsletterad=

Tomorrow President Obama is scheduled to visit Rosenburg, Oregon, where 10 people were killed last week at Umpqua Community College by a deranged killer who happened to use a gun to carry out his crimes.

We've already reported on the repulsed reaction from the community as people who live there continue to reject Obama's visit. Now Stacy Boylan, the father of shooting victim Ana Boylan, is directly speaking out against Obama's visit and has no interest in putting up with his exploitation of the tragedy for political purposes.

"I do believe it was Rahm Emanuel who said 'Never let a good tragedy go to waste,' and I really feel that his [Obama] visit here is to completely to support his gun control agenda. I can't understand why he wouldn't make a mention of the families and the victims. I mean, he did say that it was a tragic incident and I do thank him for lowering the flags but he made it all about gun control. He was very clear about that and we saw this in Sandy Hook and now we're seeing it again and I just question his motives," Boylan said. "I've spoken to my family and for myself and for my family, my daughter and son, on principle I find that we are in disagreement with his policies on gun control and therefore we will not be attending the visit."

"My position on this is that gun free zones are an issue, they're a target for crazy

Online mountaineer

« Reply #247 on: October 07, 2015, 10:37:17 pm »
If I were a resident of Roseburg, let alone a family member of a shooting victim, my response to that idiot currently occupying the White House would be quite, umm, explicit.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org