Author Topic: Fox is reporting another possible mass shooting  (Read 19442 times)

Offline Carling

Re: Fox is reporting another possible mass shooting
« Reply #200 on: October 05, 2015, 08:11:33 pm »
Network news isn't set up to be profitable, nor is it expected to be.  It exists to control and distribute whatever information the Democrats want to get to the masses.

If these news outlets are supposed to be in competition, why don't they all report on the same "news?"  Reporting on news damaging to Democrats has worked out well for Fox News.  Why do you think the left targets them?
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline aligncare

« Reply #201 on: October 05, 2015, 08:21:54 pm »
There are many more examples of what DC posted.  There is no way it is all coincidence that numerous media outlets use the same term.  I'm just surprised that there are still people on the right who don't think Democrats and the White House coordinate news events and narratives with their liberal media friends.

Look, I think we're saying basically the same thing.

But, Dan takes it a step further, and if I've got this right, he believes there's some sort of Ernst Stavro Blofeld puppeteer behind a specter-like organization controlling news event, even staging events, like a murder on camera. That there's a grand design moving us toward what, I'm not sure. He always trails off with a question..... And who? He won't say.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #202 on: October 05, 2015, 08:35:13 pm »
Network news isn't set up to be profitable, nor is it expected to be.  It exists to control and distribute whatever information the Democrats want to get to the masses.

If these news outlets are supposed to be in competition, why don't they all report on the same "news?"  Reporting on news damaging to Democrats has worked out well for Fox News.  Why do you think the left targets them?

Try checking their earning online before making a statement like the above.

"Fox News, which also declined comment for this story, remains one of the most profitable channels of any kind on television. It attracted $2 billion in advertising and license fees from cable operators last year, according to SNL Kagan’s estimates. It earned $1.2 billion — for a staggering 60 percent profit margin. Even woebegone MSNBC, whose daytime audience has fallen to fewer than 300,000 viewers, did relatively steady business, turning a $206 million profit on $501 million in revenue last year, according to SNL Kagan (the comparable numbers for CNN: earnings of $327 million on $1.13 billion of revenue)."

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/418038/most-profitable-name-news-jim-geraghty

And with this I'm out....

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #203 on: October 05, 2015, 08:37:41 pm »

But, Dan takes it a step further, and if I've got this right, he believes there's some sort of Ernst Stavro Blofeld puppeteer behind a specter-like organization controlling news event, even staging events, like a murder on camera. That there's a grand design moving us toward what, I'm not sure. He always trails off with a question..... And who? He won't say.

He knows too much.... dispose of him.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #204 on: October 05, 2015, 08:42:54 pm »

Yes.  And he really believes there is some Wizard behind the curtain manipulating all events, and thinks we're all stupid and gullible because we don't believe HIM.

Therein lies the problem with pretty much everything he says.........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #205 on: October 05, 2015, 08:46:22 pm »

SPECTRE November 6, 2015

"BOND, JAMES BOND"

Can't wait!!!!!

Offline Carling

« Reply #206 on: October 05, 2015, 09:09:47 pm »

Try checking their earning online before making a statement like the above.

"Fox News, which also declined comment for this story, remains one of the most profitable channels of any kind on television. It attracted $2 billion in advertising and license fees from cable operators last year, according to SNL Kagan’s estimates. It earned $1.2 billion — for a staggering 60 percent profit margin. Even woebegone MSNBC, whose daytime audience has fallen to fewer than 300,000 viewers, did relatively steady business, turning a $206 million profit on $501 million in revenue last year, according to SNL Kagan (the comparable numbers for CNN: earnings of $327 million on $1.13 billion of revenue)."

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/418038/most-profitable-name-news-jim-geraghty

And with this I'm out....

If I had said cable news, your link would be relevant.  I'm talking about network broadcast news, and how similar their coverage is to each other.

So thanks for the link, I guess, but cable and dish networks earn money differently than ABC/NBC/CBS, and have a younger demographic watching than the dinosaur network news programs

"And with this, I'm out."
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 09:17:39 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #207 on: October 05, 2015, 09:18:09 pm »

I don't know if Dan is saying that or not, but I am not.  I don't think they have little cards printed up, all know the secret handshake and meet at an undisclosed cave every other month.  I am saying that they all believe pretty much the same things, toe the party line, have a remarkable lack of curiosity for journalists, don't have any problem reporting on things that they can't personally vouch for the veracity of, and if one of them says it's true, then that's good enough for the rest of them.

Oh, and believe truth is relative and facts are simply something you use to back up your point of view, even if they're not true.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 09:22:05 pm by Sanguine »

Offline flowers

« Reply #208 on: October 05, 2015, 09:21:55 pm »
There are many more examples of what DC posted.  There is no way it is all coincidence that numerous media outlets use the same term.  I'm just surprised that there are still people on the right who don't think Democrats and the White House coordinate news events and narratives with their liberal media friends.
No they get all their memos each morning from WH. Have notice this for years. As far as this last shooter. They all waited until all info was scrubbed from the net by the WH. Look cnn even had his face whiter. yesterday watched a interview on the cnn with a survivor of the shooting, not once did she say he asked if they were christian.

I noticed his manifesto is not out and about. Why? It doesn't help WH for the gun control agenda. 

Godzilla

« Reply #209 on: October 06, 2015, 01:35:42 am »
You don't... they're lying to you either way... that's the point...

"The Joy of Fishes" by Zhuangzi

Zhuangzi and Huizi were crossing the Hao River by the dam.
Zhuangzi said, "See how free the fishes leap and dart: that is their happiness."

Huizi replied, "Since you are not a fish, how do you know what makes fishes happy?"

Zhuangzi said, "Since you are not I, how can you possibly know that I do not know what makes fishes happy?"

Huizi argued, "If I, not being you, cannot know what you know, it follows that you, not being a fish, cannot know what they know. The argument is complete!"

Zhuangzi said, "Wait a minute! Let us get back to the original question. What you asked me was 'How do you know what makes fishes happy?' From the terms of your question, you evidently know I know what makes fishes happy.

"I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river."

Offline aligncare

« Reply #210 on: October 06, 2015, 09:12:37 am »
If I had said cable news, your link would be relevant.  I'm talking about network broadcast news, and how similar their coverage is to each other.

So thanks for the link, I guess, but cable and dish networks earn money differently than ABC/NBC/CBS, and have a younger demographic watching than the dinosaur network news programs

"And with this, I'm out."

One would have to be a financial wizard to determine broadcast network news profitability. To say the least, it's complicated. The networks don't break down profitability by division. But there are SEC statements that give clues. The following link does a financial analysis which helps with estimated profitability. As near as I can determine network news makes money.

http://www.stateofthemedia.org/2012/network-news-the-pace-of-change-accelerates/network-by-the-numbers/

rangerrebew

« Reply #211 on: October 06, 2015, 12:01:27 pm »

Not News: Obama's Planned Visit to Roseburg, Ore. 'Not Welcome' There
By Tom Blumer | October 5, 2015 | 10:28 PM EDT

Items found at the Associated Press, the New York Times and the Washington Post, in reporting that President Obama plans to visit Roseburg, Oregon later this week, have all failed to report that community leaders have said that his visit is not welcome.

The 4:10 p.m. PT (7:10 PM ET) entry at a running timeline at AP announced that "Barack Obama will travel to Oregon this week to visit privately with families of the victims of last week's shooting at a community college." None of the four previous items in the timeline as of 9:00 PM ET tonight (saved here for future reference) mentions that town leaders, who believe they are appropriately expressing the community's sentiments, would prefer that he stay away.

Juliet Eilperin's 7:51 PM item at the Post also failed to acknowledge the existence of community leaders' opposition to Obama's visit — something which has been known since mid-Monday morning, if not earlier:

Obama will travel to Oregon Friday to meet with families of shooting victims

President Obama will travel to Roseburg, Ore., Friday to visit privately with families of victims from last week's shooting there, according to White House officials.

According to one White House official, who asked for anonymity to discuss the event in advance, "further details about the president's travel to Oregon will be made available in the coming days."

Just a few of the many items noting the opposition to Obama's visit are at Breitbart, Mediaite, Daily Caller, Gateway Pundit, and BizPac Review.

The fourth paragraph in Michael D. Shear's Times story refers to a role it would appear Obama will have a difficult time carrying out:

On Friday, Mr. Obama will once again seek to become the nation’s consoler in chief as he travels to a community racked with grief over a mass shooting. The White House did not provide details of Mr. Obama’s plans while he is in Roseburg.

In an interview with Fox News's Bill O'Reilly apparently conducted before the White House's announcement, David Jaques, publisher of the Roseburg Beacon, laid out town leaders' feelings and reactions to Obama's plans and his conduct last week (through the 1:32 mark):

Transcript:

BILL O'REILLY: (There is a) rumor, President Obama might go to Roseburg, Douglas County. The funerals start Thursday and I guess they will extend into next week. How will the President be treated if he does indeed travel to Roseburg?

DAVID JAQUES: Well I think the President, first of all, is not welcome in the community. And that isn't just my opinion. We've talked to dozens upon dozens of citizens, some family members of the victims, our elected officials. And you may have a copy of — if you don't, I'd be happy to read from it on the air — that our Douglas County commissioners, along with our Douglas County elected sheriff who is very popular, and our chief of police all came to a consensus language about him not being welcome here to grandstand for political purposes and I'd be happy to read it or share it.

O'REILLY: Don't read it. But just encapsulate why they don't want President Obama to come.

JAQUES: Well, the bottom line, Bill, is that a number of people believe that when the President opened his press conference, we still haven't finished counting the bodies on the campus right behind me. We haven't identified whose children were killed and whose were not. And even at that same moment, he was saying, "Some people will accuse me of politicizing this issue." And he goes on to say, "But it should be." So he's not only acknowledged that it could be politicize, but was doing so deliberately.

So now he wants to come to our community and stand on the corpses of our loved ones to make some kind of political point. And it isn't going to be well received not by our people not by our families and not even by our elected officials.

If a Republican or conservative's presence was unwelcome in similar circumstances, it would already have made front-page headlines and garnered saturation establishment press coverage.

Instead, it's becoming quite clear that the press doesn't want people to know that Dear Leader — who, as Jaques noted, deliberately and proudly politicized the Umpqau Community College massacre at his earliest available moment — is not welcome.

Cross-posted at BizzyBlog.com.
Source URL: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/tom-blumer/2015/10/05/not-news-obamas-planned-trip-roseburg-ore-not-welcome-there

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #212 on: October 06, 2015, 12:03:53 pm »
News of the "manifesto":
Oregon shooter rants in writings about having no girlfriend
Associated Press via yahoo news
By JONATHAN J. COOPER and TAMI ABDOLLAH
4 hours ago

ROSEBURG, Ore. (AP) — The gunman who killed nine people at an Oregon community college before taking his own life ranted in writings he left behind about not having a girlfriend and thinking everyone else was crazy, a law enforcement official said Monday.

The official also said the mother of 26-year-old gunman Christopher Harper-Mercer has told investigators he was struggling with some mental health issues. The official is familiar with the investigation but wasn't authorized to speak publicly because it is ongoing.

Harper-Mercer complained in the writings about not having a girlfriend, and he seemed to feel like he was very rational while others around him were not, the official said.

He wrote something to the effect of: "Other people think I'm crazy, but I'm not. I'm the sane one," the official said. The writings recovered at the shooting scene were a couple of pages long.

Local pastor Randy Scroggins has said his 18-year-old daughter, who survived the shooting, told him the gunman gave an envelope to another student and instructed him to give it to police. The envelope contained a flash drive, Scroggins said.

Also Monday, some faculty, staff and students returned to the campus for the first time since the shooting, while President Barack Obama announced he will travel to Oregon this week to visit privately with victims' families.

A memorial was growing on the driveway leading to Snyder Hall, where Harper-Mercer opened fire. Besides those who died, nine people were wounded. Harper-Mercer killed himself after a shootout with police.

"It was hard not to focus on Snyder Hall," student Joel Mitchell said. "When we got back, I think a lot of people were probably ... looking at it, checking it out, seeing what it looked like."

A group of eight held hands and bowed their heads in prayer in front of the building. Elsewhere, clusters of people chatted at picnic tables or near buildings.

In a courtyard near the center of campus, a therapy dog sat on a blanket with its handler. A woman, crouched down, wiped away a tear.

At least one student injured in the shooting was among those who returned Monday, college President Rita Cavin said. She did not identify the student.

Reporters were barred from campus but taken on a brief tour. School officials designated an outdoor amphitheater as a makeshift memorial, open only to staff and students for now. Flowers and balloons were positioned on tables, and markers were available for people to write messages on a banner that says, "UCC Strong."

"I needed to be here," student Madysen Sanchez said. "I needed to come and see my friends, make sure they're OK."

Chaplains who had been on campus said they were both helping with and participating in the healing process.

"I'm going through the grieving process myself because this has touched everyone in the community," chaplain Russell Wilson said. "If you don't know someone that goes here, you know someone that knows someone."

Meanwhile, Obama said he will visit Roseburg on Friday as he opens a four-day trip to the West Coast. No additional details about his visit were immediately available.

Obama has renewed his call for stricter gun laws following the shooting and has expressed exasperation at the frequency of mass shootings in the U.S.
We'll see whether Roseburg welcomes Pres. Zero.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

« Reply #213 on: October 06, 2015, 12:33:03 pm »

DAVID JAQUES: Well I think the President, first of all, is not welcome in the community. And that isn't just my opinion. We've talked to dozens upon dozens of citizens, some family members of the victims, our elected officials. And you may have a copy of — if you don't, I'd be happy to read from it on the air — that our Douglas County commissioners, along with our Douglas County elected sheriff who is very popular, and our chief of police all came to a consensus language about him not being welcome here to grandstand for political purposes and I'd be happy to read it or share it.

People know what kind of man Obama is. He's a user. He uses people as props. And it gets pretty icky when those people are not even alive to speak for themselves.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #214 on: October 06, 2015, 01:12:26 pm »
October 6, 2015
Was the Oregon mass shooting an Islamist attempt to assassinate Alek Skarlatos?
By Matthew Vadum
American Thinker

Was last week's massacre at Umpqua Community College in Oregon a failed attempt to assassinate a Christian American hero for thwarting a Muslim terrorist train attack this summer in France?

There may simply be a series of unlikely coincidences at play, or there may be circumstantial evidence suggesting that anti-jihadist hero Alek Skarlatos was an intended target of Chris Harper-Mercer, who put several Christians to death in an Umpqua classroom on Thursday, Oct. 1 for being Christian.

Read on and decide for yourself if Harper-Mercer may have wanted to make an example of Skarlatos for the world to see.

And although no evidence revealed thus far directly indicates Harper-Mercer was influenced by Islamic State, plenty of evidence suggests the shooter was acting in furtherance of the Islamic goal of global jihad.  Maybe the massacre was intended as a kind of jihadist payback hit.

Islamic State (a.k.a. ISIS, ISIL, and Daesh) apparently claimed responsibility on Twitter for the killings Harper-Mercer carried out at Umpqua.  The tweet states, "Again #Oregon #USA #WashingtonDC #IslamicState #ISIS #USA[,]" and displays a graphic with the words “Slay Americans” in front of an image of a man in the process of being beheaded.

In August the very high-profile Skarlatos, a devout Christian, helped to disarm Ayoub El-Khazzani, a Moroccan with ties to radical Islam, on a high-speed train traveling from Amsterdam to Paris.  The Islamist was armed with a Kalashnikov rifle, a Luger pistol, and a box cutter.  Skarlatos and his two American friends traveling with him received France's highest honor, the Legion d'Honneur, from French President François Hollande.  Last month they were feted at the White House and the Pentagon.  Skarlatos received the U.S. Army's Soldier's Medal.

Skarlatos has publicly acknowledged that he is currently a student at Umpqua, near Roseburg, Ore., and that he was supposed to be attending classes there on Thursday when Harper-Mercer went on a bloody rampage.

More specifically, Skarlatos said he was supposed to be present that day in Snyder Hall, the same building where Harper-Mercer carried out his massacre...
More at link
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #215 on: October 06, 2015, 01:16:47 pm »
"I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river."

And you know that the media is lying to you about indeterminable claims because they blatantly lie about determinable claims...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #216 on: October 06, 2015, 01:17:02 pm »
October 6, 2015
By Matthew Vadum
American Thinker
More at link

Well that sure puts some new light on the matter doesn't it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #217 on: October 06, 2015, 01:23:53 pm »
October 6, 2015
By Matthew Vadum
American Thinker
More at link

I've heard this before, what I read before was that he no longer attended the school.  To me, it's a great coincidence, isn't it? 

I know this, every story I've seen says something different and contradictory to other stories concerning this shooting.  I'm afraid we'll never know the actual truth.

This seems to be the new tactic, tell one hundred different versions so that the real truth gets muddied up and no one knows or cares about the truth anymore.  I heard the shooter's mother had bragged online about her collection of guns, including extremely expensive automatic guns. 

Lots of questions, not very many answers.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #218 on: October 06, 2015, 01:27:03 pm »
This seems to be the new tactic, tell one hundred different versions so that the real truth gets muddied up and no one knows or cares about the truth anymore.

Wait till they won't even release the shooter's name 'to avoid publicity'...

You won't be able to find out anything and will only have the media account to serve as 'truth'...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #219 on: October 06, 2015, 01:33:34 pm »

People know what kind of man Obama is. He's a user. He uses people as props. And it gets pretty icky when those people are not even alive to speak for themselves.

Yes, classic narcissism.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #220 on: October 06, 2015, 01:34:30 pm »
I've heard this before, what I read before was that he no longer attended the school.  To me, it's a great coincidence, isn't it? 

I know this, every story I've seen says something different and contradictory to other stories concerning this shooting.  I'm afraid we'll never know the actual truth.

This seems to be the new tactic, tell one hundred different versions so that the real truth gets muddied up and no one knows or cares about the truth anymore.  I heard the shooter's mother had bragged online about her collection of guns, including extremely expensive automatic guns. 

The first BIG tip-off was the complete blackout for about 6 hours immediately following the massacre.  Why?

To scrub the perp's bio on social media and to erase all printed or written connections to Islam, that's why.    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #221 on: October 06, 2015, 01:35:18 pm »

That created confusion may be somewhat deliberate.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #222 on: October 06, 2015, 01:47:08 pm »
Well that sure puts some new light on the matter doesn't it!

Must read chilling anatomy of the possible, even probable, connections in this sad and bizarre case. Gave me goosebumps.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #223 on: October 06, 2015, 01:47:33 pm »
The first BIG tip-off was the complete blackout for about 6 hours immediately following the massacre.  Why?

To scrub the perp's bio on social media and to erase all printed or written connections to Islam, that's why.    :whistle:

I would be surprised if alternative media news outlets like Breitbart have not already delegated responsibility to one or more members of their staff to instantly respond to news events by monitoring and recording relevant social media posts that might otherwise, ummm... disappear in the wake of such an occurrence. 

We have by now witnessed numerous examples of the "memory hole" that George Orwell warned about. With the advent of ubiquitous social media and instant access to it via multiple, always-on devices, each of us has the ability to prevent government or any other actor from erasing the past without recourse or hope of recovery.   
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #224 on: October 06, 2015, 01:53:18 pm »
I would be surprised if alternative media news outlets like Breitbart have not already delegated responsibility to one or more members of their staff to instantly respond to news events by monitoring and recording relevant social media posts that might otherwise, ummm... disappear in the wake of such an occurrence. 

We have by now witnessed numerous examples of the "memory hole" that George Orwell warned about. With the advent of ubiquitous social media and instant access to it via multiple, always-on devices, each of us has the ability to prevent government or any other actor from erasing the past without recourse or hope of recovery.

I don't understand.  Sorry.

There are over a BILLION Facebook and Twitter users around the world.   Even deceased people still have their profiles up...until a family member notifies said FB or Twitter to delete them.

How would Breitbart, for example, have the ability to 'guard' or 'watch' to see what's deleted....unless there's a software program to monitor any edit or takedown of any account? 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald